Support Group 6

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
FoxyLady
KateF
Frodo

Runners
Emmy Bug
Ivy Mike
kaffeeg
Happychap
Alki
Black & Tabby
LM Davies
Tracey
Reikirabbit
Pottermiss
Wilko
El Gato

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 15th April.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

*waves* Hello Everyone! This is all feeling quite incredibly real!

@Foxy Lady, Kate F and Frodo - thank you for volunteering to support us.

I'll start off the list:

Forum name: Emmy-Bug
    Name : I'll PM you all
    Race number: 1491 (According to my provisional acceptance form)
    Estimated time to mile 17: I estimate around 3 hours after starting (so depends how long it takes me to get over the start line)
    What you'll be wearing: Neon Green tank top with "Emmy" on it and 3/4 running tights. If it's really cold - 'll have a layer underneath the tank top.
    Any special needs*: I'll drop a bag off at expo with everything that i'll need (nothing major - a gel and my SiS sports drink).

• Hello!

Forum name: Pottermiss

Name: Fi

Race number: 25490

Estimated time to mile 17: Hopefully just less than 3 hours.

What you'll be wearing: Not 100% sure, but will probably be a red club vest, I think I will try and get my name on the front before the day.

Any special needs* I don't think so other than lots of encouragement.

I am not feeling very organised yet as I have only really been focused on the training bit, I will now try and start thinking about preparations, and update here when I have myself more sorted image
  • I am preparing my best cheering voice, hey Frodo, it's me and you!! Right then, must start preparing my willpower so I don't scoff all the jaffa cakes and get on the fizzy stuff too early...
  • Helloooo lovely people image

Can't wait to meet you all in five weeks time! image
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

There's Jaffa cakes and Fizzy stuff? image You might need to kick my rear end to get me moving again!

• Hi all you are the best!

Forum name : reikirabbit
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) : Mel
    Race number : 29421
    Estimated time to mile 17 : 12:20 - 12:30 [around 2:30-40 from Green I HOPE]
    What you'll be wearing : black tights, black to with white vest / diagonal yellow and navy stripes on top. Long hair, white baseball cap if it's hot or wet [so probably!],
    Any special needs* : will see if I need to leave anything, ill drop off a general contribution anyway.
  • Hey Frodo and KateF! I'll be limping up there to support by about 11am having run Brighton (hopefully) the week before! Looking forward to it.

Let's hope it's nice weather like last year, but maybe not so hot.  I'll be wearing a white t-shirt with Foxy Lady on the front!!

Looking forward to handing out jelly babies, snaffling the odd jaffa cake and drinking fizz all day like last year! Plus ending up in Chandos eventually.

Black and Tabby is one of mine and has been struggling with Shin Splints.

• We seem to be the 'F' team, ladies - that's F for Fantastic, obviously image
    Foxy, I've just messaged who I think you are on FB (just in case you're bemused by a random message!)
    Kate, are you on Facebook?
  • Good guess Frodo, messaged ya back! we have a fair few mutual friends!#

Liking the F for Fantastic team.

• Hi! Found you! Will answer the qustions shortly, but as Foxy says I'm (still) struggling with shin splints and wondering if I'll make it to the start line image

Will let you know though, so you're not still waiting for me if I didn't even start!!

Thanks for the support people BTWimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I have a question - is there anything that the supporters want that I could leave at the expo? e.g. extra packets of jaffa cakes? Or any extra energy that you might need for waiting around for us "slow ones"?

• Hi Frodo, yes I am, Kate Fargus. I'm doing Brighton too Foxy, maybe see you there too.
  • alkialki ✭✭✭

Forum name Alki
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Ali
    Race number: Can't remember, but I'm on the green start!
    Estimated time to mile 17: somewhere between 2:15 and 2:30.  Haven't quite worked out my pace yet....
    What you'll be wearing: purple club t-shirt with my name on it, probably black shorts.  Unless it's raining, sunglasses and cap.
    Any special needs: Err, the ability to spot you at mile 17 image If I do spot you, I'm boring and just need cheers and jelly babies please

Can't believe its nearly time again image

• Hi All!

Excited! But injured at the mo. Not run for 2 weeks. Was all going so well too.

But I do hope to restart training in one week from now...

Forum name - Ivy Mike

Name - Chris Tucker

Race number - 24451

Estimated time to mile 17 - 2hrs 20min

What you'll be wearing - black shorts, white vet with lime green stripe (Chichester Runners logo)

Any special needs - by that point, an intraveinous, just kidding, a couple of SIS gels would be perfect.

Thanks!

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Hello everyone <waves>.  Thank you so much for the help image

Forum name: Happychap
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Nicky
    Race number:
    Estimated time to mile 17: Slow, sorry about 1.45?
    What you'll be wearing: Black shorts, blue Run to Live tee-shirt (or maybe pirate kit)
    Any special needs* I'll drop off some flat coke image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Happychap - you call 1hr 45 slow?! Then i'm definitely a snail!

*edit*.... perhaps I'm being a little thick today... as you could of meant 1.45pm.... *cough*... I'll get my coat image

• Emmy_bug - I had exactly the same thought process!

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Sorry, 1.45pm as time of arrival.  1.45 elapsed time would be quite fast yes.
  • Forum name      El Gato (the cat!) 
    Name  Martin
    Race number    Don't know yet
    Estimated time to mile 17  2hrs 20sec to 2 hrs 30 sec
    What you'll be wearing  Black shorts, black vest with yellow band NYMAC in letters (North York Moors AC)
    Any special needs   Just someone to shout my name!!!

Have the notifications and the starting details etc. come out yet? I haven't seen anything so far

• Forum name: Black and Tabby
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) Lucy
    Race number  6881
    Estimated time to mile 17  3:15????
    What you'll be wearing Blaxck shorts, white vest with purple circles on & Dorothy House name
    Any special needs*  A physiotherapist would be handy!! Otherwise lots of hugs & encouragement image
  • The Super Six team have all made contact on Facebook so we can coordinate our efforts to help you all image

Hope everyone's training is going well image

• Hi again everyone, and thanks a lot in advance to the Super Six  'F' team. It really helps to know there is someone looking out for us at mile 17. My number etc. just arrived. It is 25090. Looks like it's happening then!! Struggling a bit with long term knees and hamstring problems, which are slowing me down, so no PB this time, but determined to keep on going. 10 mile race at Thirsk on Sunday - nicely flat.
  • I'm off to Paris for the weekend to run a 50K, last long one before Brighton, so keep me up to date with any organising! Have a good weekend of training runners.
  • Well thanks! Now my little 10mile race seems rather pathetic image.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck KateF - 50km sounds like a great run in Paris; at least you'll have some good weather!

I'm running the Fleet Half this weekend as my last "race" before the big day. Am rather looking forward to it!

• Thanks Emmy, must remember sunglasses. Good luck to you both, and anyone else racing. My distance feels a bit pathetic as my four friends are doing 80K.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Kate - My half marathon seems pathetic in comparison to yours! image Good luck!
  • Guys - as I've recovering from shin splints, my 10mile LSR today is REALLy pathetic compared with those distances! However, my shin was okay, still felling okay now so I don't care image

Got my last VLM magazine today - started flicking through it and burst into tears. Can;t stand the emotional trauma this marathon is bringing!

Just looked again at what I typed earlier, and just to clarify I meant the time elapsed rather than time of day (as I was't sure what time the race actually started!) Might revise my estimate downwards, and say 13 minute miles actually makes time elapsed to mile 17 = 3 hours 40 minutes. Hope you're not all too tiddly by the time I get there (but just tiddly enough to not care about huging a very sweaty me!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@B&amp;T - I hope that you're shin splints are ok image As my dad keeps telling me: 5 miles is better than 0 miles, 10 miles is better than 5 miles...

I'm waiting to read the magazine until i've finished work - i'm worried that i'll start getting all nervous again!

• To all those VLM  first timers, I can tell you the most emotional point (for me anyway) was running across  in front of Buckingham Palace, and finally knowing I was going to do it! I was actually in tears. No other marathon is quite like it. Finishing is everything, timing is much less important.