Support Group 4

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
VikW
Hash
xine267

Runners
Shmaggle
Mad Welshwoman
Mr Puffy
Andy Jones 18
Ben O'Connell
NoPain
Hannahsmomuk
hopetofinish
Pug Runner
Iron Pingu
Circus Strongman 

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 15th April.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• whoop whoop!

I loved looking forward to seeing everyone at mile 17 when I did London 2 years ago, and now I can't wait to be on the other side of the fence literally this year! imageimage
  • Hello you lovely group 4 people! Thank you all for giving your time to supportimage

I had a hug from Hash at mudchute 2 years ago..really needed it and felt so much better for the support at 17.

Okay...here are my details:

Forum name: MadWelshWoman
    Name: Jaynie Rance

Race number: 8967
    Estimated time to mile 17: Approximately 3hrs 20 mins (I am very slow)
    What you'll be wearing: Black capri tights; Black running SS top with Green and White NSPCC vest on top. If sunny I may wear a cap! Will post a photo when I can get my children to take one!
    Any special needs: Will leave SIS gel and maybe a luc Lite and/or jelly beans at Expo! But mostly will need hugs and encouragement!

I will also bring general supplies to Expo for sharing!

Thank you so much...looking forward to seeing you thereimage

• OMG I am so excited, I am so looking forward to you shouting me

thank you thank you thank you for willing to give up your time to shout for me

Here are my details

Forum Name

HannahsmomUK

Name on my T.shirt JO ( running for Down's Heart Group )

Race number ??? No idea, didnt think I'd find out til i picked up my details on the Saturday, MadWelshWoman, how did u know ur race number??

Estimated time to mudshute Mile 17 anywhere between 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours depending on how my legs are doing I guess lol, believe me i'll probably be one of the last out of that group that you have got to shout for lol

wearing wise, I am meant to be having a Down's Heart group vest sent to me but if it hasnt arrived by next week i'm going to wear my own running top, so will either by white DHG running vest with my name Jo on front and back

or bright pink running top with my name on front and back

black shorts I am contemplating on having my hair dyed a deep red/orange colour but need to work out price lol, otherwise depending on weather, if its wet and raining it will be in plaits and i will wear a bright flourescent woolly hat thing, or if its nice, up in a ponytail with yellow flowers in my hair

please bring some jellybabies, and any gels ( i am planning on giving some gels to my partner but if i dont see him on route i'm gonna need a gel for sure if there is anyway i can get the gels to you before hand let me know - i'm taking lucozade orange gels )

and bring loud voices hahahaha!!

thank you looking forward to seeing you there, will you be wearing anything that we can look out for too, or holding a banner??
  • Hello group 4 !!  (the best, surely image )

Forum name: Iron Pingu
    Name: Pam
    Race number: ?
    Estimated time to mile: 3 hours maybe?
    What you'll be wearing: Thinking Pirate top though may have to slim down a bit first (mental note ... 4 weeks of no chocolate)!
    Any special needs: Some fresh legs would be good, failing that a shout out will do image

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone first of all a massive thank you to the supporters without you this wouldn't happen.

Forums name: No Pain
    Race number: 31946
    Time to mile 17: will be between 1:54 and 1:56
    Wearing: Fetch vest red and yellow
    Special needs: I will leave a drink with a gel taped to it at the expo this will have my photo on, also a big cheer please.

Go team 4 go.......

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Will look out for Hash remember you from the UK v USA forum last year.
  • Bloody hello No Pain, you're fast!!!
  • I was going to say that Pingu!
  • me too wow, that is very fast, will u wait at the finish line No Pain and cheer us slower runners on hahahaha

also what is this about leaving stuff at Expo, can you explain that please?
  • Think No Pain wil be finished by the time we get to the Mudchute image

Big Hellos to VikW. Hash and xine267 (and all runners), look forward to seeing you at mile 17. 

Where bouts you from MWW, I'm from SE Wales.

• Wahoo it's started, hello team 4!  I'm really looking forward to this, it's a brilliant laugh every year.  

Bloody hell No pain that's quick!  Accurate too over that sort of distance.

Vik I'm so glad they paired me with you, can't wait to have a natter and a catch up.   I won't be able to get on here a lot (forums blocked at work) but I'll knock up the spreadsheet of who's who and who wants what and make it a Google doc so we can both see it.image  

HannahsmomUK wrote (see)
     what is this about leaving stuff at Expo, can you explain that please?

Basically everyone leaves an envelope at the RW stand at the expo with their forum name and team number on it, just put in it whatever you want to be given at Mudchute.  Usually people leave a few extra jelly babies/jaffa cakes etc., so we can give them out to the walking wounded at the back of the pack when most people have gone past. We do emergency last minute panics too, I'll find a not-too-public way of getting my mobile to you in case there's any pre-race wibbles on the start line that can be catered for by the Mudchute branch of Asda

And the really important stuff to know:  Here is where the rehydration party happens afterwards.  Definitely worth the little matter of flogging 26 miles forimageimageimage

Right, I'm off to the shower.  Have good days everyone, I'll nip in and have a little lurk by phone.

• Morning all

Hash - great to "see" youimage

Pingu - I am in Swansea, where are you?

• You too MWW.   Looking forward to meeting Mr Puffy too after nattering to him for ages about vital stuff like bin collection days and cheese!

Erm...... I think I should have said something about running before banging on about where the post race beer is in my first postimage

So, how's everyone's training going?

• Morning all.  Well I've got a chest infection and am in a MASSIVE grump about it, missed long run on weekend becuase of it and now missing todays run to be on the safe side.  There .. said .. will say no more on it!!

On a bonus, it's my daughters birthday and we're going to a spa day, whoop whoop. image

MWW, I'm from Abergavenny.

Hash ... now .. about  that beer image

• LOL Hash...beer is top priority!

Pingu - enjoy your spa day with your daughterimage

• Hi everyone, sounds like a great group to be included in.

Forum name Andy Jones 18

Name Andy Jones

Race number 26039
    Estimated time to mile 17 : 2hr 45

What you'll be wearing : Yellow Vest with two black band. I got a place through running club, so running in our colours

Any special needs: Massage legs back into working order, cheering, clapping whooping etc will help no 3 end.

• Did someone say beer? image

Hash- I was so happy to see we were together too- I was a 17hrs shift at work and it cheered me up no end!!

Iron PIngu- boo to missing the long run but better to err on the side of caution this close!! 

I turned my ankle at mile 15 of my 20 last week and limped to 16 and went home- enforced rest!! grrrrr even though it was hard I know its for the best!  I'm doing Brighton the week before London so I am now in self preservation mode.... And enjoy the spa- I haveone next week with a friend from work and I can't wait image

• Hi Group 4!

I'm really looking forward to meeting VikW and Hash and cheerleading for all your runners on the 22nd April image 

I will bring down a bag of jelly babies and some other treats with me on the day, but anything else needed then just let us know.

Vik and Hash, I'll PM you my contact details so we can work out how best to organise everything on the day.

Good luck with last weeks of training everyone!

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

If only I was 10 years youngerimage Plan is for Sub 3 hours again I did this for the first time last year running 2:58:18 i'm now 50 years old but still plan to try and get down to 2:55image* fingers crossed.

Hash nice to see that this is the same place as the Fetch crowd are going it was great to meet up with lots of people last year. I live over in Northern Ireland and make a trip out of the whole eventimage.

Started to add a bit more speed to my training over the last couple of weeks and have a half marathon on Saturday so this will give me a good marker on how things are going. If you have the miles in the bank a few days off at this stage won't do you any harm just don't push to hard the first couple of times back out on the road.

Keep going it's not long to taper time.....

• Blimey it's quiet in here, are you all out running or something? image

Day off for me to celebrate the wedding anniversary, just had a lovely gentle five miler in the spring sunshine.  One of the many advantages of being on the other side of the railings, no tyrant training plan pinned up in kitchen with "20 mile slog" written on it!

I can feel a little PM prodding comming on later on, I bet half the runners don't know the thread's up

• I was thinking that too hash! many congratulations to you and Blouse, hope you have a fantastic day planned!

hash- do we need to go up to EXPO to collect stuff for our runners? if so I'll start moving shifts about.....

4 weeks for me, I wish there was a mile 17 at Brighton!
  • Happy wedding anniversary Hash, hope you have a lovely day. 

No running for me, I'm still on the Lemsip, could be worse though this could have hit next month. 

• *Waves hello*

Thank you for adopting me!! Thanks to you all for taking time out to come cheer us on.

Forum name - james clayton 7

Name - James Clayton

don't know my race number??

Estimated time - 2:30-2:40

Im running for Heart Research UK, in memory of my grandad (Bampi) so I'll be in a white and red vest emblazened with his name, probably a daffodil too, just for Welsh sake!! I'll post a picture soon so you can all have a laugh!

I'll drop off some gels at the EXPO with a photo of me too - Oh and a hug/cheer would be nice! image

• James

wishing you well

?? 2:20 - 2:40 ETA at  mile 17 ?? or ETF ?

• At mile 17, gosh I should be so lucky!! haha

It's my first ever marathon, but hoping for a time between 4 and 4:30 (preferably closer to 4)

• Hi James, Welcome to Group 4! We'll be glad to cheer you on image

VikW - I was thinking that it would be great if there was a Brighton Mile 17 too! Although looking at the new route, I'd prefer a Mile 19 ... something to cheer me up as I catch sight of the Road to Hell image

I hope everyone is still feeling good about training and that nerves haven't started to kick in yet. I'm running Brighton the week before VLM, so I'm doing my last long run this Sunday (a 20 mile slog is exactly the right description, Hash!) .Then it's Taper Time! image

Can I ask all Group 4 runners to drop me a PM with your email address, we will then send round a group email with contact details for me, VikW and Hash.

Thank you image

• Mick - can you please PM me with your email address too, so we can keep you in the loop with planning image
  • Xine

PM ?? whats that

your RW mail is off

• PM = RW Mail. Sorry, I'm using jargon from another site image

Hmm, I wonder why it's off ... I will try to fix that setting so that everyone can message me!

• I think I've fixed it now image