Options

Support Group 1

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Sister Bad Habit
Gillymac

Runners
Rob22
Denny!
Screamapillar
Minardi
LizEE
Deedee 24
Stevie H
Cregmalin
Claire Hardman
WA & Mrs WA
Becks

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 15th April.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Options
    Woohooo!!!!!! Big up Group 1 image Welcome everybody! 5 weeks today.....hope everyone's training is going well. Look after yourselves, let the fun begin image
  • Options
    Wooo Hooo Group 1 image

Will get all the details together for you and let you know. As for special needs all I seem to crave towards the end of my longer runs is some flat lemonade. Not sure why image

Got my mum coming round for dinner so best get started ha ha
  • Options
    Wooohoo indeed!! Back with my favourite supporting team!!

Will post required info when I know if I am running but for now, one special request..... Please don't put the balloons too close to group 1!
  • Options
    You know us becks, we aim to please!!!!! I'm getting excited now, bring on the pink fizz!!!! image
  • Options

we might be there

i'm making all plans to be there

I can then shout " easy, easy, easy

• Options
    We can't wait to see you both image x
  • Options

i'm not promising anything

but i will do my best

I'll try and behave honest

• Options
    Yeah right!! Lol do you want me to pm you my mobile number? That way if you guys need a hand from Asda I can despatch people down to you lol image must remember they don't open till 11 either we've been caught out a couple of years!!! Hee hee x
  • Options

Hi Sis

Azda have agrred for us to park in car park with blue disabled badge - if we can get there before streets shut -  they have given me permission to use disabled tiolet all day

Farm park also says there'll be plenty of on street parking in surrounding streets on sun morning

On arrival

first i have to give Philip his medication - then his breakfast - and feed myself

then finall prep on wheechair - food, drink etc

Then, i have to dress him according to weather conditions

Then, we'll join you all

but i will tell you all now -  so as to not let anyone down - i am sorry

dont go rellying on me to do any up front organising - i'm sorry i have to much to deal with in life  

• Options
    Oh blimey hon, that's what me and gilly are for, and I'll also have the good brother on hand image we'd just love to have you with us if its doable xx
  • Options
    The pink fizz. How could I have forgotten about the pink fizz???! A couple of swigs of that and I'll be all set for the next 9 miles...!!

Have just discovered my race number so I'll post the info now before I lose it again:

- Forum Name: Becks01
    - Name: Becks
    - Race Number: 19358
    - Estimated Time: Will hopefully be near the sub-5hr RW pacing group so 3hrs 15mins ish.
    - Wearing: Black shorts and blue (with white) Sarcoma UK running vest
    - Special Needs: Some non-melted Jaffa cakes!
  • Options
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G7SoR6EcuKg/TwnvzePniGI/AAAAAAAAOx4/mHYz15jYksw/s693/West+glam+league%2C+Margam+park+203.JPG

Evening Folks image 

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it image

Name: Alex

Num: er ? I'll look for it later

Time to 17 : Start + 1:52-1:55

Needs - I'll drop a drink and gels at the RW stand image Thanks

And I look like the dipstick in the white vest above. If its hot I may well not have a vest at all.

• Options
    Hello image
    Will sort out everything during the week, just wanted to say hello *waves*
  • Options

* waves back * 

• Options
    Hello Group 1, this is definetely the place to be.

Glad to have u back in our group becks, how's the injury? Promise not to start too early on the pink fizz this year image

Great pic Welsh Alex!

Waves to minardi.

Getting excited now, can't wait to see everyone!
  • Options
    let's get this party started Group 1....................................come on ............................... imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hi Rob, I had u in my group a few years ago with Rio, that was before the dream team that is sbh and me got together. Are u running in Nessa again or going for a speedy time this year?
  • Options

Sister bad Habit

just enquiring - did u reiceve my mobile number ?

• Options
    I'll probably look something like this but without the smile at mile 17 image
  • Options

minardi

ure a Fetchie wetchi image

• Options
    yes running in nessa again this year GM......looking to do sub 5 after a 5:00 and 5:03 in 09 and 11'.......then i can be put back in the mental home for doing it for a third time in the nurse....did the liverpool half marathon in her yesterday and it was 12 degrees and sunny and it was really really hot in her...so i've no chance in london again as it's always hot........ still did 2:09 in nessa yesterday so not in bad shape image
  • Options

Wotcha peeps!!!! How is everyone this lovely sunny Monday?

Mick, I did get your mobile number yes thank you hon - just let me know if you need a hand or anything, have sent you over mine too.

Rob, at least we won't miss you - hopefully!! - if you're running in Nessa again. I was in the red pen with you in 2009 but was too much of a fraidy cat to say hello image lol

for those of you who haven't picked up on it. this will be the third year in a row that Gilly and I have been a dream team - it's the only time we actually get to catch up!!!!!!! Hee hee, hence all the pink fizz comments, we're a little obsessed........we cracked the first one at ten in the morning last year image but it was a very hot day!

I love mile 17, all I have to say is bring on all the sweaty hugs!!!!! Be prepared everyone, we do tend to launch at you image

• Options
    i may be a little too sweaty for any of you.....image
  • Options
    well if ure not sweaty then id suggest there is something seriously wrong image
  • Options
    exactly  imagebut this is seriously sweaty....had the temp taken after 11' vlm and it was 104 degrees in the nurse.....so if you are into serious sweat i'm your man (dressed as a woman) image
  • Options
    Hello SG1... I am well chuffed as I cracked 18miles yesterday. Thought I would never get there. Suffering a tad today though. So looking forward to the day now. I will endeavour to get some answers to the questions later on.
    Hope all are ok
  • Options
    I think the men in white coats will be waiting at the end for u rob, wow 5:00 and 5:03 great times. Hopefully will be a bit cooler this year to get under the 5.

I think we should wait a bit longer before opening the fizz this year. 10:05 image love mile 17 to, its so much fun. We are dab hands at sweaty hugs and kicks up the bum.
  • Options
    Hi All *waves* image

Right my details well forum name and my name are the same.... Just couldn't think of what to call myself on here. - Claire Hardman

My number (as far as I know, as it's on the green slip I sent off from my running club) is 24102

My time to 17miles seems to be about 3hrs 15 yep I'm slow and I plan on getting value for money on this image well that's my excuse for the speed I run at.

Special needs - some flat lemonade, if you need me to drop bottle off just let me know. Apart from that think a hug and then a swift kick up the bum to get me going again.

As for what I'm wearing I think it's going to be my club vest it's light and dark blue and Wesham Road Runners across the front.

If missed anything just shout. Look forward to meeting you all
  • Options

Claire

very brave of you to use your real name as your forum name

i use mine as well

forum names are all very well, but i just dont see the point TBH, never have and never will