London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

Comments

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry I've just discovered this thread and I'm running my first VLM this year. Can I have a group please? I might not even require anything more than an extra big cheer! image
  • I am sure somebody will adopt you soon badbark, check in later image
  • Hi Badbark

alwight image

I'm a poor mere novice, i no nathing

• Come on over to group 1 badbark image
  • NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    Yay! I have a group!
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sister Bad Habit, I'm on my way!
  • Evening lovelies!! For anyone who still wants to join as a runner please feel free to post in here and one of the teams will adopt you image

Supporters, I'm hoping this weekend to add the list of things we need into the thread so we can start to sort who can bring what as well as Expo pick up trips. Hope that's ok with you all x
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Sounds good SBH.  I feel I could do with some guidance from a more experienced women than myself image
  • Lol - not quite sure what you're trying to get at there Caz! Or have you popped into the group 1 thread and spotted my firemen and hoses comment ;-p

On a personal note will be good to see you hon, can't believe its nearly a year!
  • just WHAT are you lot offering this year LOL
  • Sex & drugs & rock n roll ... it's all a body needs image

I was just about to add the list of needed things SBH.  I feel guilty that you've done so much already.  I will seek it out and paste it in ... after I've had another glass of SB.

• ohhhh I have a group! Hello 5's! image

apologies in advance if you have to wait a VERY long time for me...I'm currently under my duvet with a virus, my legs don't work at all! Eeek.
    x
  • STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details.
    Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons

(100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow)

RW Banners - Anyone know where this is?

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this?

100's small plastic bags

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)

Someone assertive x 2 to reserve support position from 8.00am
    TP & Snails Pace (who has no idea she's getting up this early)

First aid kit

Large Balls of String x 2

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Swiss Army Knife

Paper plates

Camera/camera person, losts of space on card

Binliners

2 large rolls gaffer tape 

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs)

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection -
    Friday collection -
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -
    Saturday closing collection -

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect. 

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS. 

• Oh dear - I've only just found my way here - is there a group able to adopt me please? Oh and TP I will be able to drop off jelly babies and Jaffa cakes from your list - although I am sure you won't want to list everyone's names who can drop jelly babies off!
  • Why don't you pop into Group 4 Nikki, and tell them I sent you.  I am sure they'll be delighted to have you on board

No, you don't have to put your name down for dropping off the staples image

• Can't copy and paste on phone, but I can do the Thursday and Friday pickups, and possibly others if needed.
  • Looks like I might be able to volunteer for this afterall as a supporter. image

TP - do you want to put me in a group or be a "floater"?  I'll check the diary about picking stuff up from expo too.

• STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details.
    Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons

(100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow)

RW Banners - Anyone know where this is?

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this?

100's small plastic bags

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)

Someone assertive x 2 to reserve support position from 8.00am
    TP & Snails Pace (who has no idea she's getting up this early)

First aid kit

Large Balls of String x 2

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Swiss Army Knife

Paper plates

Camera/camera person, losts of space on card

Binliners
    TP

2 large rolls gaffer tape
    TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs)

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection - Running Rodent
    Friday collection - Running Rodent, TP & Snails Pace
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -
    Saturday closing collection -

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.

• Soupy, if you could be a floater but float into a specific group if one of their supporters drops out?  Otherwise I shall put you as Dragon in charge of beer image  Are you bringing Fluffy Min?
  • omg what's all the groups, i've just been crawlin the roads trying to build confidence to do 26.2 ,

anyone want the outsider?!!

• Can I have a badge saying dragon in charge of beer? Can I?   image

Yes, fluffy min will be in attendance.

• We'll see what we can do about the badge Soupy.  image

If you want to be attached to a group of supporters Dave then I'll point you in the direction of Group 5 ... tell them I sent you.

• Soupy if you're bringing fluffy min then I feel she needs to float between the wicked ones and terrible twos. If you're going to be Dragon in charge of beer then from a selfish point of view you still need to float between 1 & 2!!!!!!! Lol lovely to have you on board m'dear, can't wait to get pics of ST and Loon with fluffy min and TP as a reverse side of the fence from last year image

I think Becks may have the banners - will pm her to see as I work in London and might be able to pick them up off her before time.

Pick ups from expo wise, I work in the city so can do every day BUT jelly babies and jaffa cakes actually weigh a ton. I will prioritize my group and group 2 (whose supporters include 2 from scotchyland) so we really need everyone to pull together this year please and get as many peeps as poss doing collections.

In fact, being really cheeky, if runners were thinking of leaving bags of jelly babies or jaffa cakes, bearing in mind the slight shortage of supporters this year if there's any chance we could ask you to leave cash in an envelope for us to go shopping at Asda on the day that would be amazing? Only cash is much lighter than jelly babies.........;-)
  • NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    What do we need to write on the envelopes?
  • SBH just tell us what's easiest for you supporters. I know I'm very happy to drop some cash off instead - saves me carrying stuff as well! Mind you, I might drop off some Veggie Percy Pigs for the vegetarians image
  • Love you B&T!!! And Veggie Percy pigs (much as that sounds like a total paradox lol) in all honesty cash will be better for us this year - with only about 15 supporters some of whom have a significant distance to travel and therefore won't be able to help with pick ups, so if we could ask you all to bunce us some cash (if you want to lol!) rather than leaving stuff the few of us have to carry around that would be fab xxx
  • Cash is by far the easiest for us, just write either your group no or general rw donation on the envelope and it will find its way to us.

Veggie Percys? Never knew they existed! How can you have vegetarian pigs? I am intrigued by this one image
  • Only just discovered the Veggie Percy Pigs - its not just a Veggie Percy Pig, it's an M&S Percy Pig image
  • Tickled Pink

swiss army knife,

you planning on cutting some poor sods goolies off