Dreams

BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I dreamt that Edwina Curry (who was a doctor in my dream) was accusing my Mum of being an alcoholic, and I was shouting at her that I was going to report her to the GMC.

The night before I dreamt I was digging enormous potatoes out of the allotment underneath my kitchen sink.

Any more for any more?

Comments

• I had a very odd dream where I had killed someone, wrapped their body in black plastic and disposed of it at the dump.  It turned out to be a dream within the dream.  It's the kind of thing that would happen is Christopher Noland and David Kronenburg ever made a film together.
  • In my dream I had a cat and a rabbit and I was trying to get them to get on but the cat kept attcking the rabbit. 

My boyfriend also told me this morning I shouted out something like "cupcakes and tobelerone!" at one point. Not sure what that was about. 

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Always good to shout out cupcakes and toblerone CB image
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Funny you should mention dreams. I had a very strange dream.

I was going to donate one of my hands to a girl that had no hands. I was going to cut my hand off myself. The dream was about my arm being x-rayed so that I could cut it off. After my hand had been x-rayed I stood up and passed out. Then was trying to work out whether I should be walking or in the car.

Oddly I know.

• I never seem to remember mine is that bad?
  • It's very rare that I remember any details of a dream, or even remember that I've been dreaming at all. Seeing some of the things people's subconciouses are getting up to when they're asleep, I think I'm better off not remembering it!

• My long-departed gawguss dogs (again).  It's got to the stage that when I dream about them, I know it's a dream even when I'm asleep.

I discovered after I left the ex that I don't have chronic bronchitis, I'm allergic to animal fur.  Or possibly allergic to the ex?   I left both in 2000 and have been able to breathe ever sinceimage

• That i turned up for my race this morning wearing jeans.  
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Catalin Bond wrote (see)

In my dream I had a cat and a rabbit and I was trying to get them to get on but the cat kept attcking the rabbit. 

My boyfriend also told me this morning I shouted out something like "cupcakes and tobelerone!" at one point. Not sure what that was about. 

Maybe they were the names of the cat and the rabbit?

I can't remember any recent ones but I've had some right weird ones in the past, often involving  surreal transfigurations - dogs turning into women, that sort of thing.  Or the two inch long baby sitting in the palm of my hand whilst I changed its nappy with the other.

Hmmm...

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I dreamt I was making mashed potato. I wonder what Freud would make of that?
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I have a recurring dream. I am making hummus in my kitchen but am out of tahini.

So I jump on my bike and cycle to the nearest Tesco. As I enter the shop the tannoy says that they will be closing in five minutes and thankyou for shopping at Tesco. Increasingly frantically I rush along the aisles looking for the tahini as the tannoy counts down the minutes to the shop closing (and thankyou for shopping at Tesco.) Eventually I find the tahini as the tannoy is counting down 30, 20, 10 seconds to the close. Just as I reach out to grab the jar of tahini the tannoy says "We are now closed. Thankyou for shopping at Tesco." The lights go out, and that's when I sit bolt upright in bed, soaked in sweat.

• My recurrent nightmare is either my teeth all fall out. Or I'm wearing braces again, or I'm wearing braces AND my teeth all fall out (see a theme there?!). I normally wake up with an aching jaw from that dream too.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I often dream that my teeth are falling out *shudder*
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's to do with clenching your jaw, or grinding your teeth?
  • I think so Sarah the bookworm, but I'm not sure which comes first - do I get the dream because I clench my teeth sometimes, or do I start clenching my teeth when I start dreaming about them?
  • sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
    I dreamt I was making mashed potato. I wonder what Freud would make of that?
    There's a phrase often attributed to Freud......sometimes a cigar is just a cigar image
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Hmm, so what was I mashing?
  • I had a really bad dream two nights ago...  I was very violent towards someone...  oopps..!   image

• Dunno, but at a guess....potato? Although it could have been something as exotic as swede or parsnips or maybe even sweet potato.
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I think it was a potato image
  • Hehehe. Think I'll scoot off now or this could turn into the many and varied forms of mashed root vegetable thread instead of the dreams thread image
  • Oh I had an odd dream of my son last night! He's 18 & I've never heard him intentionally swear yet, honestly. But a couple of nights ago when I was driving my bus & he had finished his shift as a bus driver he came round with me until I clocked out of the garage at 12.50 am this morning & he accidentally said the f-word althought he didn't actually mean too as he hates that word., I was playing him up jokingly as I drove & it just slipped out, which made us laugh even more. Then as we were cashing up at the garage my brother, also a bus/coach driver was playing him up & they were laughing & joking so my son started chasing him around the room.

In reality my son is a walker but he's not a runner. He walks seven + miles at a time 

During the night I had this dream where he was an undercover agent of some sort, maybe CID or CIA or something & he was chasing this bloke who was running hard to get away from him & my son ran twice as hard & caught him up at a twelve foot tall wire fence. Man could go nowhere else. Nowhere to run. My son was coming out with the most foul language while chasing him & trying to get him to stop, calling him every name under the sun!

He was gasping for breath & doubled up for air but my son, as he would in reality, stood there with his hands on his hips not even breathing one hard breath!

He's my hero in life & hero in this dream as I've never actually seen him run, only walk! His lovely silky collar-length black hair was flowing as he ran!

It was a lovely dream! No idea who the baddie is! 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a very strange mother son relationship if you read some of the posts. Almost scary!
  • FF - don't you have to be over 21 to drive a bus ?