London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

Comments

• Yes, and I dont want it tracing back to me image

Acshully, its a very handy thing to have to cut down banners, balloons etc as well as taking boyscouts out of horses hooves n stuff ....
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details.
    Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons

(100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow) - SuperCaz

RW Banners - Anyone know where this is?

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this? - SuperCaz - you can order it online, but I'm scared of pressurised canisters so someone else will have to do the inflating for me.

100's small plastic bags

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)

Someone assertive x 2 to reserve support position from 8.00am
    TP & Snails Pace (who has no idea she's getting up this early)

First aid kit

Large Balls of String x 2

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Swiss Army Knife - SuperCaz, although more than one would be useful.

Paper plates

Camera/camera person, losts of space on card

Binliners
    TP

2 large rolls gaffer tape
    TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs)

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection - Running Rodent
    Friday collection - Running Rodent, TP & Snails Pace
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -
    Saturday closing collection - SuperCaz, possibly with Bear

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've had to buy ballons and helium before for a party so I can source this.  Only problem might be transportation as the canisters are not light, but I will shout if I need help.  Maybe I can drop some off with someone else, or leave them at Expo for someone.  I'll get back to you on this.

I will be in London from Friday night so can be quite flexible,

• Wotcha peeps - logging on off my phone so could someone copy the list over for me? I work in the city so can do collections quite easily. I'll be bringing my camera, prob my new slr baby I got for Christmas image I can bring paper plates too and some string, might see if I can get hold of some cable ties too.....think becks in my group might have the banners, I'll see if she can drop them at the expo x
  • STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details.
    Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons

RW Banners - SBH locating them

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this? - SuperCaz - you can order it online, but I'm scared of pressurised canisters so someone else will have to do the inflating for me.

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again image

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection - Running Rodent, SBH
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.

• Wooo Hoooo in 4 weeks time we'll be opening the first of the bottles of fizz image or maybe the second.  Most of you will be through or heading our way and we'll be awash with hugs give and recieved.  I will have been to the portaloos about 5 times and ASDA at least 3 times.  The sun will be shining but not too strongly and there will be a nice bit of cloud cover so we don't fry like last  year.  I'll have cried a few times and sung and danced about and waved my pompoms.

'Sgonna be a blast isn't it imageimageimage

• I will drop off JB's and jaffa Cakes at Expo!

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    It's exciting isn't it TP!  And even more exciting is that I will get to meet you for the first time.
  • Tickled Pink wrote (see)

I will have been to the portaloos about 5 times and ASDA at least 3 times.  I'll have cried a few times and sung and danced about and waved my pompoms.

'Sgonna be a blast isn't it imageimageimage

Looking forward to a catch up with my Scottish twinimage   Oooooh yes to gonna be a blast!  I really missed this when that nasty r*nning stuff got in the way of the bestest VLM experience imageimageimage

• STUFF WE NEED

Balloons

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again smilies/smile_smiley.gif

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Thursday collection - Running Rodent, SBH, Hash
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -

• I might be able to go to the expo to collect, on Friday, or first thing Saturday
  • Mike Frog

dear friend how are u

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    If anyone knows jshrew in the real world can they ask him to get in touch.  He has messaging blocked.
  • Ooops.  Secrets to a happy marriage part 1, don't volunteer to go and do an Expo run on hubby's birthdayimage

STUFF WE NEED

Balloons

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -

• I do indeed have the banners... somewhere... and they have been cleaned as they were pretty grim last year. I've also added cable ties to the list as they were much easier than string to attach things to the barriers with.

I'll leave cash at the Expo for jelly babies etc.

STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details. Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit

Large Balls of String x 2 - Becks
    NEW ITEM - Cable ties as much easier to attach banners with

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -

• I do indeed have the banners... somewhere... and they have been cleaned as they were pretty grim last year. I've also added cable ties to the list as they were much easier than string to attach things to the barriers with.

I'll leave cash at the Expo for jelly babies etc.

STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details. Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Friday collection - Running Rodent, TP & Snails Pace, Soup Dragon
    Saturday am collection -
    Saturday pm collection -

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'll be happy to bring along money/jelly babies etc. As i'm travelling from a fair distance I think just giving you guys some money will be easier!

On another note - if anyone wants me to make some chocolate chip cookies for the supporters - let me know!

• imagePut me down for first aid kit (will be there about 10.45). Also qualified to use it.

Try not to have any accidents earlier please.image

• Bit late, but ant chance of slidding into VIk W or FL's group for a bit of support?
  • STUFF WE NEED

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

100's small plastic bags

First aid kit - Foxy

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

Saturday am collection - possibly MikeFrog
    Saturday pm collection -

• Feel free to join either FF, I'm sure you will be most welcome image
  • Or both FF- double the sweaty hugs!
  • STUFF WE NEED

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

100's small plastic bags
    Snails Pace

First aid kit - Foxy

Scissors x 2

Sharp knife x 2 (for cutting up froot for the runners)

Paper plates

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs) -

Saturday am collection - possibly MikeFrog
    Saturday pm collection -

• way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    any chance i can sneak into a group too (don't mind which - just found the hug supplied so useful last time i ran it image)?
  • Absolutley ... why don't you make your way to Group 1 and tell them I sent you.  I think we've chucked some extras at all 6 groups so we'll start again.

They're a nice lot but I'd watch that Sister Bad Habit doesn't try to lead you astray image

• way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    cheers TP - will mosey on over there later.......
  • Me? I'm a perfect angel, I even have a sisterhood and halo to prove it...... image
  • SBH - I posted over on the group I thread but just in case you missed it I gave you the wrong running number - it's actually 17712

Continued thanks for all your efforts on our behalf supporters - you are all fab image