Support Group 3

Comments

• BB ✭✭✭
    Aw Ratzer, Dreams like that are horrid, it will all be ok image
    I have only supported once before at Mudchute, and last year my Mum went up to watch, she loved it. Met lots of nice people, got a good spot near the end so saw all the elites as well as the mere mortals. I want to go up for the Olympic marathons, they should be good ...
  • Do you allocate yourself to one of these groups or how does it work?  It will be brilliant to get some support at mile 17 image

My number's briliant!

I'll be wearing a white vest with SALLY on the front

I'm hoping for sub 5 and have just run the Worthing 20 in 3 hours 32 mins.  Should be at mile 17 in 3 hours 15 mins

Some jelly babies and a smile and a wave would be goodimage

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi Sally,  The groups were assigned a week ago, but you are welcome to join us.  It would be great to see you.  I've added you to the magic spreadsheet.

If you haven't already then please read back as there is some info about what to expect etc, but if you have any more questions then just ask.

• Thanks SuperCaz.  Have read back and think I have the gist.  Brilliant!  Fab weather in Brighton this morning.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Fab weather in Portsmouth too.  We really are being treated at the moment, which is good as it gives you all time to get used to the heat before marathon day.  If you are an early morning or late evening runner then I strongly suggest that you do a few runs through the heat of the day just in case this heat wave lasts well into April.
  • I hope not.  Ran Brighton mara last April which was very hot and felt sick by mile 18.  Couldn't stomach the powerade they provided.  My fault - should have tested it before the race but stupidly thought all sports drinks would taste roughly the same image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Welcome Long Tall Sally, we are all South Coast people! Sunny in Eastbourne too image
  • I can report sunshine in Essex today too!

Updating with some further details:

running number: 18550

wearing white "Team PB" vest with SUZ on the front

I'm hoping it's nice and cool on the day too, I don't enjoy running in the heat as I'm not used to it.

Hope everyone's training is going well - not long to go now  image 

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sloth.  I'm originally an Essex girl before they kicked me out.
  • South Wales here and beautiful today
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

South Wales here too and beautiful today too.

Too hot to run, but I did just so I'd get the idea in case it's hot on the day.

• Good idea Ratzer - spring marathons sometimes catch you unawares with being really hot all of a sudden
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

Maddy, I did find it useful.  My race pace is not going to work if it's this hot, and it'll have to be scaled back.  Estimate on reaching mile 17 is going to be 5-6 minutes slower if the weather gets like this!  I found it like running through treacle on uphills, but we're not going to have any of those, luckily.  And water on the back of the neck regularly is vital, as well as keeping your mouth wet.  All fun and games - you can tell I didn't have a wonderful run!  A hat at mile 17 might be a good idea, if it's getting sunnier through the race.  I don't like wearing them usually.

• I'm a chilly mortal and don't mind a bit of sunshine for a run. Last year I didn't even notice it was hot until after I'd finished. I'd still prefer about 14 degrees and a light drizzle though image

16.44 miles home from work tonight in the hopes of getting to my running club's AGM on time (rather than driving home and then going out to run). No chance. I was half an hour late. Oops. Well, if they will have their silly meetings during my peak mileage week....
  • DLDL ✭✭✭

Evening all

KK - very amusing - your 'only' five miles was what I did tonight too- sadly  there was no 'only' in mine-though I suppose it was half true -  for some reason it seemed like a very long way. Away from home and an odd single track road that kept on, and on, and on. Just missing the ly then

Norfolk weather report - wall to wall sunshine too

Will locate my marathon number and post a picture when I get home as I did Loughborough half at the weekend in what I intend to wear on the day.

Hope the training is going well for everyone - certainly sounds like it is

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

We certainly seem to have a predominance of people from the south in our group.

I've got to confess that I am letting the running slack off again.  I'd much prefer to be swimming in this weather and will be in the water almost every day this week.

• from what  i read, from the BBC etc

if we dont get some rain soon, we could have problems

Draycote Water nr Rugby , i've never ever seen so low

• I'm a Geordie, but I live in Nottingham. That still doesn't count as South though!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    No, not very south there CC2.
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

Nottingham has my favouritely named river running nearby, the Erewash.  (It's also home to head office and the place I ran my only marathon so far.)  Definitely not South.

I definitely don't think of myself as a Southerner.  Mind you, Wales is too small to fit all the points of the compass in, so I guess there's a lot of South and North because of the lack of East.

Warm night tonight!  Does this, ironically, mean it's getting cooler?  I hope so.  I've still got some running to do!

• I am not from the south. I am
    North of the border. Here in Fife Scotland we have had a week of fab weather but I only saw it last saturday and Sunday as my office sees no daylight. My 10 mile was done in really hot sunshine last Sunday. Wilted badly by 8 miles so was glad to stop at a farm cottage and ask nicely to fill my water bottle.

Still not decided what I am wearing. Really want to get my tee shirt printed with 'Am I there yet' lol.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    lol you should go for it Speedy G, I am sure you will get lots of response from the crowd if you do image
  • Hello Neighbours "pops in from Number 2's image"

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Hello Tiptoes.  How's it going over in 2?
  • DLDL ✭✭✭

What's that smell?? Oh I see a number two has dropped in

sorry - it's Friday

Born North, lived South now in the middle - living in Loughborough - which is very depressing for a slow plodder!

So here it is - have decided not to run as  a greyhound in a bobble hat  but will be disguised a a gey haired short arsed woman - I may look like this at mile 17 only redder, more knackered and probably looking a bit more miserable - I also don't intend to have yourraceday.co.uk embazoned across my knees

/members/images/265848/Gallery/Lough_half_2012.jpg

• Hello!

Name: Angela (will be Ange on the vest)
    Race number: 8578
    Est. time to mile 17: 1pm according to the pace-guide (hoping to finish in 5 hrs)
    Wearing: Oxfam Green & a headband, pretty much exactly as in my pic (sorry it's so teeny).
    Special needs: Not really, a bit of encouraging cheer would be great, and maybe some jelly babies too!

Thanks so much for your support, you lovely people image. Look forward to seeing you on the day.

Angela