Insoles

Hello hello,

I'm thinking of getting some kind of shock absorbing insole for my trainers as I train mainly on pavements, does such a thing exist? Do they work, and will they affect the way my shoes work?

Any advice appreciated image Sorry for the brevity of the post, I really need to be getting ready for work....

Carly x

Comments

• Yeh they do. Some people like myself really like comfortable and cushion insoles to make you feel like you're running on clouds. I would check out the range by spenco. Cheap and really effective.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    You should try SPAM for a shock absorbing insole. The squidgy sub-quality processed fatty meaty bits get right between your toes, effectively moulding to the shape of your feet.  Over the course of a long run your feet will heat up the luncheon matter providing a warmed-through tasy snack for refuelling 'pon your return home.
  • LOL...

Carly, Sweatshop do a sorbathane insole - but not convinced whether they are better than the standard issue insole.  I have tried some but they were too thick in the shoe.

• <div style="border-width: initial; border-color: initial; background-color: transparent; font-family: arial; font-size: 13px; color: black; line-height: normal; border-style: none; padding: 15px; margin: 0px;">

<span style="font-family: Arial;">

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Dr James Stoxen DC wrote (see)

<span class="comment-body" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;" data-li-comment-text="These articles will explain to you more innovative ways to determine if your patients bodies are capable of springing back from the impact forces of barefoot walking or running This is the key to designing an effective training program to restoring a strong spring suspension system so it can freely spring load and roll within the safe range at high impact forces for many impacts. What is the yield strength and the ultimate strength of your pronation supination cuff, the connective tissue and bony arch elastic recoil strength? When you know exactly what your strength is… then you can develop more precise training program that creates the exact adaptation to strengthen your cuff to the level we need to balance the impact forces! You can perform these innovative dynamic strength t that will determine if your pronation supination cuff can handle resistance lever action stress of (50% to 1.0x bodyweight) or your body weight at most. That is because there is no impact and we are not adding weights to the body: http://teamdoctorsblog.com/2012/06/06/video-tutorial-200-the-foot-ankle-alignment-test-front-view-demonstrated-by-dr-amir-majidi-and-dr-james-stoxen-dc/ http://teamdoctorsblog.com/2012/06/16/video-tutorial-201-the-foot-ankle-alignment-test-back-view/ In walking or running as you know there is simplistically the "take off" and the "landing" When you run with braces (shoes) your body has an artificial support and an artificial landing gear. Most runners strengthen the take off muscles thinking the artificial support and artificial landing gear (cushion) will do the trick. We all know the majority of injuries occur in the landings. Doctors don't seem to know how to restore but many know how to put more braces like motion control shoes, orthotics, arch inserts, canes, walkers, wheelchairs until you are bedridden. If you want to be a barefoot runner, the key is to strengthen the muscles that resist the impacts which I call the landing muscles, the spring suspension system muscles or the pronation supination cuff muscles Here are my last two articles you might find helpful: How Does The Body Spring Back Safely From Impacts Of Running and Walking? http://teamdoctorsblog.com/2012/06/13/video-tutorial-12-is-running-bad-for-knees-how-the-body-springs-back-safely-from-impacts-of-running/"><span class="text" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: inherit;">You should try to run without insoles and even without braces-shoes all together.

<span class="comment-body" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;" data-li-comment-text="These articles will explain to you more innovative ways to determine if your patients bodies are capable of springing back from the impact forces of barefoot walking or running This is the key to designing an effective training program to restoring a strong spring suspension system so it can freely spring load and roll within the safe range at high impact forces for many imp

🙂