My Last Run

Comments

• Sat 6.30am - 8.5km (40min) - slow/steady

woodland trail - good way to start the day. much prefer running in the cooler temperatures. spotted a fox, badger and many a squirrel as I ambled along.

YoungPup - good choice this morning

good running weekend everyone image

• YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    I'm back - got slightly lost twice, so ended up doing just over 18 miles, which is probably my longest run in about 15 years....

Pace was nice and easy, so was out for 2hrs 59mins.

Have a nice weekend everyone image
  • Good long run effort there YoungPup.

2 & 1/2 miles for me in 19 minutes earlier as a sharpener ahead of tomorrows Bournemouth half marathon.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    6.5 miles off road in 56mins. Nice to get a few miles in and ankles held on. Got a funny ache in my lower right leg now. Sunnyish and windy. Took a while to get going but got going I did and enjoyed myself eventually. Feeling pretty tattered now. Gym tomorrow and run again Monday.

Good luck for all the HMs etc. on Sunday.
  • Sun 7.30am - 32.75km (2.39) - long and tough.

possibility of running the manchester marathon at the end of the month so I am glad to get the miles in. I wouldn't have relished another 10km (full marathon distance) on top of what I did. I suppose it was good to experience the sort of discomfort I will be feeling in the marathon image

Great morning - sunny and cool but warmed up as the morning went on. I think a couple of easy days ahead.

Good running all image

• Bournemouth half marathon for me this morning, ran a 14 plus minute PB with a time of 1:29:31, but felt it was not my best performance and could/should have gone faster.
  • YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭

Great run Solent - that's a nice time, and a big chunk to take off your PB.... hope you're celebrating tonight with a recovery beer, or glass of wine image

I've just uploaded my Garmin details from Saturday morning, and think this elevation profile looks about as tough as it felt doing the run.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/37826/Gallery/Box_Hill_and_back.jpg

My legs today are sore....

• Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    I did my local HM, in Waltham Forest this morning. Twas fun- not got my chip time yet but I think it was about 2.15- slow but fine, I'm happy with that image
  • Morning

SR: Good runimageimage 14 min pb.'Take a bow son'

Nessie:Good run by you.

Young pup and cidlad: Going well.

5M Fartlek done. Hard session. Mild, dry, no wind.

• 2.5 miles. got shin splints. it hurts.

Been coming for a week now. I'm going to have to go to the gym instead for a few days (boring).

• Did the wholefoods Kingston Breakfast run Yesterday 16miles 3.06.13 not the time I wanted but happy ,now for brighton on 15th April

legs are bit tender this morning but not to bad

• Mon 8.00pm - 40 mins relaxed treadmill running (with handweights for a bit of resistance) - variation must be a good thing image. What on earth has happened to the weather?

well done Solent

welcome Razkatz

happy running image

• 6.41 miles for me this evening. Weather dull and chilly, but good running weather. Feel ready for bed now!
  • 8 miles on the treadmill on each of the last three days. Pace was very slow, > 7 m/m on two of the days, but then it was immediately after coming off the slopes after a hard days skiing!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I posted earlier on here today and now it's disappeared. Very strange. Anyway something like 6.2miles in 50 something mins. Still not in a great way with my ankles and legs. Congrats to Razkatz, Nessie and Solent on the their HMs+.
  • 4.5M in the snow. Weird weather.

Thick flakes of snow falling when I was out !

• Welcome to razkatz
  • Well after feeling so good about my 16 miles on Sunday woke at 3am in extreme pain in my knee ,Thankfully hour and half with ice pack seems to have done the trick ,but now have to take it gentley for a couple of days

anyone here a member of Ranelagh Harries , I am considering Joining, Think I need help with my preperation for Races don't feel I am going at my full potential

• I did a 45 min session on treadmill this morning. 

30 mins was with an incline. I found myself particularly lacking in my last 10k.  Next 14 mins was 7 intervals of 1min fast (21kmh) and 1min walk. 

Tomorrow, is another session outside for 10k on Sunday week.

• 5 miles on the treadmill for me in 43:33 earlier. Legs felt good after Sunday's race.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    7.2miles in 1hr and in the rain. Not freezing cold though and no snow. Saw a bunny. Splits were odd. Pace is varying a lot and I'm not aware of it. Disappointed that my natural pace has slowed, but with more regular running and hopefully no injuries some speed will build again.
  • YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    9.1 miles for me tonight, with 1/2 mile warm-up, then an 8 miles progressive tempo.

Started at 08:45 min/mile for 2 miles, 08:15 min/mile for 3 miles, 08:00 min/mile for 1 mile, 07:45 min/mile for 2 miles, then a cool down.....

Nice run image
  • Hill session tonight at club.
  • Tue 10.00pm - 6km steady (garmin free)

still tired legs after Sunday's long run so taking it a bit easy.

Keep it going everyone image

• Morning

A 30mins easy/ steady with Geordie, our 1 year old Black Labrador.image

• baldblokebaldbloke ✭✭✭
    excellent half-hour easy run in the pouring rain, splashing in the old puddle. seems to have smoothed all the aches from overdoing it on Sunday too! an absolute joy....wondering what kind of time I'd do if I ever did a rainy race (so far, they've all been in fantastic weather!)
  • 6.42 miles at 9.58 m/m this morning. Started off in drizzle which then became sleet, then thick snow, back to sleet again! Got soaked but happy with run! image
  • JamesBJamesB ✭✭✭
    Just over 6 miles with the local club. Started out quite fast with a marathoner, who I was trying to keep up with but kept going faster because I apparently kept speeding up (sub 8 minute miles my friend reckoned who was behind us - whatever it was it was above the pace i could mainatin for 6 miles). So he went off ahead since I needed a break in the pace. Caught up to a group who were doing maybe 10:00 - 10:30 ? minute miles, so I stayed with them for a bit and it made me feel quite re-energised. Anyway a group then passed me who I went with - they reckoned they were doing maybe 9 minute mile pace. Then the end of the run came alot quicker than I thought it was, so headed off again and did the last half a mile quite fast (~ 8:30 pace or so ?), sprinting at the end. Felt like i had alot in the tank at the end of the run and doing a slow middle mile or so definitely re-energised me after the somewhat mad start. The chap I initially went off with reckoned I finished about a minute behind him.
  • JamesBJamesB ✭✭✭
    Oh and it was a flat run, its the first flat run I've done with the club pretty much so it definitely felt shorter than the up-down hills we normally go on (Village just inside the peaks - Killamarsh) so runs are normally full of hills.
  • baldblokebaldbloke ✭✭✭
    enough tempo changes there for james's run to qualify as intervals....