Options

Betws y Coed Half Marathon

What a fantastic race!  I really loved it!  Yes the hill was tough! Really tough, and I've never ran down hills that steep before, I was scared!!!! Scenery was amazing, maybe next year more water stations, it was also 3 miles before I saw any marshalls!  But considering it was the first year of the race, they did great! I have recommended it to loads of runners, And I will defo be back to better my time of 1:48.

Comments

• Options

I enjoyed the race, but was disappointed with the lack of infomation about it. I had no idea if there was water stations, and where they would be, if any. No medal which is my biggest complaint, especially since it was my first half marathon. Not chipped so times not accurate.

Highlights were lots of race marshalls, the t-shirt given at the end is far superiour to any others i've recieved and completing the run in the time i was hoping for.

• Options

I really enjoyed the race - really nice day and fantastic scenery.  My complaint is no medal, especially after a medal was adertised.  Does anyone know if there are any race photos?

• Options
    Yes it was a fantastic race,i to im disappointed about not getting a medal,i was imagining wearing it coming towards the finish line to and thought a trophy was going to be given to as it was on the advert image
    finished 53rd with 1h 43m 11s so please with that.

everyones photos of running betws half are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/110045073864962617380/HannerMarathonEryriSnowdoniaHalfMarathon201202?authuser=0&feat=directlink

and different pics here
    http://www.mickhall-photos.com/mp_client/pictures.asp?action=viewphotos&eventid=97569

also a video is being edit by the camera crew that were filming on the day so iv been told
  • Options
    brilliant race loved it beats any town race anyday i managed to run all the way rather chuffed with a pb. only grumble is water stations could have done with more and didnt get a technical tee though paid that extra dosh for one. it was however the most scenic half and most enjoyable i have done. bye bye town half marathons.
  • Options
    What a fantastic day in an outstanding location. Superbly well organised just like the Conwy half in November.

Couldn't fault any part of the whole event. I have been running half-marathons since 1986 and I can honestly say that this was my most enjoyable event to date!

Fantastic scenery, really helpful officials and marshals, drink stations just where you needed them and encouragement from locals and visitors all the way! Awesome!!

Only thing lacking?? - more runners. Forget your pbs and treat this as a reward for all your hard training.

I'll be the first to sign-up for next year!
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it, just not expecting that hill to be so hard, came in 14th, 1:32.  Very happy with that and will be back next year.
  • Options
    craig did you get any prize? i looked at the results and you were the 3rd v35 home but i noticed a lack of prize givings! also seeing the pics did you cut the left side of your chest on the way round?

i was the first U20 back at 53rd place but was to ill to stay and see if id won anything!
  • Options
    I got off quite sharpish myself so I don't know about prizes, regarding the blood on my top, I had plasters under my running vest to stop rubbing and one fell off.
  • Options

Karl, no chip does not mean inaccurate times. Manual timing by experienced timekeepers is as accurate as electronic timing unless you are looking at hundreths of seconds.

I couldn't do this this year, but I fancy it for next year.

• Options
    i agree with lots of the above comments.no medal very disappointing.no water until 5 mile, then given thimble sized cups.this is just not good enough for a half marathon run over very tough ground in warm weather.in all not happy.