London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

Comments

• joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    Oh no - very sorry to hear about your injury, Schmunks, and HC, that you're still poorly.
    I seem to have missed this thread completely so I'm not attached to a supporters group. I'll be in Pirate gear and hoping to be going at 3.30 pace, so please can you shout at me when I go past?!
  • Joddly - pop on over to group one we'll take you on image
  • joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    Aw, thanks SBH!
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Be good to see you Joddly (albeit only for a sec as you whoosh past)
  • Sister Bad Habit wrote (see)

Oh Schmunks, that's crap that you can't run image but we'll love to see you on 'our' side of the fence! I suppose we could even put up with Barley for that lol image

I was rather hoping you could take him off my hands for a couple of hours so I could give my ears a rest image
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear the new of people dropping out, but it's always nice to see people on our side of the fence.
  • Hi everyone I hope it's not too late to join this group, I could do with some encouragement around 17 miles as thats the furthest i've ran in training.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Come on over to Group 3 themp.  We would be pleased to have you.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    I still haven't heard from jshrew.  Please, if anybody see's him/her around can they point them in my direction.  We are beginning to run out of time to get organised now and I don't want to let anyone down.
  • Sorry to hear that Schmumks but it will ge great to share a glass or two with you do the fun side of the fence .... and we might just let the bloke in too image
  • Aww shmunks sorry to hear that, and so close to the end to! Will be good to see u at 17 again tho image
  • Don't worry Super Caz, there are always a few who put their names down each year but are never heard from again.  They either forget or drop out and don't say.  The onus is as much on them to let you know as it is for you to tend to their needs image

Right, I need to hunt back to find the last list and see what's still outstanding ....

• STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details. Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons
    (100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow) - SuperCaz

RW Banners - Becks

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this? - SuperCaz - you can order it online, but I'm scared of pressurised canisters so someone else will have to do the inflating for me.

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again

100's small plastic bags
    Snails Pace
    Iron Pingu

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)

Someone assertive x 2 to reserve support position from 8.00am
    TP & Snails Pace (who has no idea she's getting up this early)SuperCaz & anyone else who is about.

First aid kit - Foxy

Large Balls of String x 2 - Becks
    NEW ITEM - Cable ties as much easier to attach banners with

Scissors x 2
    Xine267

Sharp knife x 2 (for cutting up froot for the runners)

Swiss Army Knife - SuperCaz, although more than one would be useful.

Paper plates

Camera/camera person, losts of space on card
    SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

2 large rolls gaffer tape
    TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs) - as no volunteers - any groups needing please bring your own!

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection - Running Rodent, SBH
    Friday collection - Running Rodent, TP & Snails Pace, Soup Dragon
    Saturday am collection - possibly MikeFrog + xine at lunchtime
    Saturday pm collection -VikW
    Saturday closing collection - SuperCaz, possibly with Bear

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.
  • Okay Dokey .... what we still need people to bring are sharp knives for cutting up fruit & also paper plates/bowls for handing out jelly babies & oranges.

The bamboo poles are a difficult one so if your group needs poles then please supply your own. 

I am on the case of the gas for the balloons at the moment.

I have contacted RW towers to ask for money or help or anything .... no reply as yet image so we will remain ever hopeful image

• Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    Sorry to hear that Schmumks but it will ge great to share a glass or two with you do the fun side of the fence .... and we might just let the bloke in too image
    Please don't feel you have to image
  • TP I've had an email from Dominique at RW who came along in the morning last year, she was after some info for the article they do. Will forward her info to you in case a direct approach works image
  • Hi all

Sorry to hear that we have running and relationship casualties - I thought I was out for definite after 10 days hobbling about with a subluxated cuboid, but went to Reading and had a PB there so, bit of an early taper maybe, but hey ho.
  • Thanks SBH, I  have no problem with asking for money and support from anyone image 

Sounds a bit more promising then reikirabbit.  Hope your hobbling bits sort them out and you make it round.

• can someone put down for knives I'll bring two..... but can't copy and paste on my phone!
  • Consider it done VikW image  Thank you.#

STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details. Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these or if you want then leave a small donation of MONEY at the RW stand and we will buy supplies on the day.

Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

Helium - and any clues as to how we get this? - SuperCaz - you can order it online, but I'm scared of pressurised canisters so someone else will have to do the inflating for me.

Leave this with TP for the moment as I know where it came from in previous years so will get in touch with them and see if we can do the same again

100's small plastic bags
    Snails Pace
    Iron Pingu

TP & Snails Pace (who has no idea she's getting up this early)SuperCaz & anyone else who is about.

First aid kit - Foxy

Scissors x 2
    Xine267

Sharp knife x 2 (for cutting up froot for the runners) - VikW

Paper plates ... still needed or you can bring plastic picnic bowls

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs) - as no volunteers - any groups needing please bring your own!

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

More than one person per collection is most welcome - you won't be short of stuff to collect.

THIS IS A COMBINED EFFORT - WE NEED PEOPLE FROM ALL SUPPORT GROUPS TO PICK UP STUFF, ESPECIALLY FROM THEIR OWN RUNNERS.
  • thanks TP!

also if anyone is stuck because of trains ours seem to be ok (touch wood) so if anyone needs to crash we have a spare room!

• Can chuck some paper plates in my bag as well as the first aid kit and a penknife and some fizz and hope I don't get stopped and searched....
  • I'll bring along some paper plates too. Hope the weather improves.
  • Excellent KateF image

I have ordered a bright but slightly overcast day but bring sunglasses and wellingtons just in case.

• TP also to bring the bulk supplies of brown yeast-based vitamin and electrolyte supplement paste for runners who are depleted by that point
  • image you'll be at the other end of the support line from me if you're talking about what I think  you're talking about.  I've said the word twice today, three times and I might have nightmares.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I might be able to bring some canes.  I'm a bit concerned about carrying long pointy objects on the underground, but I guess that if I am getting there early that there won't be too many eyes to take out.

I am collecting the balloons tomorrow so they are all sorted.  I ahd to order them due to the lasrge quantities.

STUFF WE NEED

Balloons

RW Banners - Becks

100's small plastic bags
    Snails Pace
    Iron Pingu

First aid kit - Foxy

Scissors x 2
    Xine267

Sharp knife x 2 (for cutting up froot for the runners)

Paper plates - Foxy Lady and KateF

SBH with her baby SLR

Binliners
    TP

TP

12 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs) - as no volunteers - any groups needing please bring your own!  SuperCaz maybe

• I could do with your support, am I too late ?

Oh, I am running!

FH
  • Not too late FH, why don't you join Group 4, I think its their turn for an extra adoption. Pop along to their thread and tell them I sent you image