Brighton Marathon Plans

Hello All.
Its the busy time. Brighton Marathon then London. I am driving to Brighton on Saturday morning from Banbury. We are staying at the Premier Inn in Burgess Hill. My aim is to use the Park and Ride at Withdean and get my running number on Saturday. Have some dinner then get back to Burgess Hill. Sunday morning I have booked a park and ride thing at Mill road.I have the parking ticket now. Does this seem ok as a plan? Want minimal hastle over the weekend but I have never been to Brighton before.

Comments

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Are you bringing your wife as Brighton has great shopping centre and lots of restaurant in the Lanes.
  • Can I ask as I'm new to this , is it hard to get a place in this marathon ?? I know that vlm is near in impossible , is it expensive and when does it open .... Sorry for all the questions.... Oh and good luck !!!!
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

PG2. seems like a workable plan to me. Withdean park and ride is easy to get to from Burgess Hill. Just before you hit the Brighton traffic which can be bad on a Saturday morning.

Agree about the great shopping. Plenty of good resturants to choose from as well.

Brighton's a bit bigger than Banbury so don't get lost. the locals are friendly. esp if you are wearing lycra.

• Hello Tracey, I am bringing the wife so I wont be able to take you out for dinnerimage

I run for Banbury Harriers. Luckily I have got in the London Marathon twice due to club entries but I also got in the first time I tried for a ballot place. Everyone should try and run London it is a special event. I would say I drove to Loch Ness and back 1000 miles and ran that marathon, fly to Jersey every year and run that one. These types of marathon are different but also great experiences and please dont miss a trick. Cant get in London just do one of these. Hope to do Berlin next year.Keep entering London and you will eventually get in.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Peter - better bring your credit cards to buy your wife lots of nice things image