FLM Virgin

Comments

• JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭
    Jeez Daz does that mean you were practically walking on our run t'other week?
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

I stand corrected Daz!  On Easter hols now - 2 weeks of doing very little!  Apart from totally wrecking our bedroom to accommodate new fitted wardrobes. Why does everything have to get so messy before there's any improvement?  Have to take the old ones out first so that we can re-site 2 of them in the box room - storage for my running kit and OH's golf kit!

Good luck with all your taperingimage

• What's GFA for a gentleman of your years Daz?

I still have mine from last yr which i 'm assuming is good for next yr, and then I could defer and run the yr after. However I don't know if I will do it. ,I'll see how enthused I get going to the expo and watching the race this yr.

• Hardly Jiminey, we ran 5 at 8:24 pace. Normally, most of my stuff is comfortably sub-8, but that run was nice and steady.

Sub 3:15 Caro.

Enjoy the 2 weeks off Trigg, lucky you.

Another hilly 5 at 7:22 pace this morning - it was cold.
  • does anybody know if your name will be on the bib number this yr?
  • Dunno Matt - didn't realise they ever did, but I haven't done VLM since 2007 tbh.

Sluggish run with club last night, 6.1 miles at 8:24 avg pace, which was only improved as I ran last roughly 1.5 miles by myself, s0 mile 5 was 7:50 avg then mile 6 was 6:54.

Last long'ish run done this morning, 12.4 miles at avg 7.09 pace, so slightly quicker than PMP. Felt OK. image

Have a great Easter everyone.

• weird longest run for the week 6.5 miles avg 9.5 mm... hmmm weird!!!
  • Don't worry about it Dave - if that's what your plan states, then just stick to it.

My long run was 12 last week, and is 8 this week. A few other shorter runs as well, not long back from just over 5 miles with Jiminey at 8:22 avg pace.

I'm enjoying taper, feeling sluggish and surprisingly quite tired, hence the rest is probably necessary.
  • JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭
    Having trouble telling my tummy i'm not running huge distances now. Not helped by the fact I made a HUGE Simnel cake last week and feel obliged to eat it.
  • Haha - I'm sure it won't go to waste, tuck in.

Knackered tonight after my 3-miler earlier image
  • How are you all doing? Nervous yet??!

My sister has deferred her Boston place for a yr as typically there is going to be a relative heat wave in Boston tomorrow!! Supposed to get to over 30c and sunny, so the organisers have issued a severe weather warning and allowed runners to defer if they wish. So instead she has found a marathon in Toledo, Ohio, to run next Sun.

Daz what 's your no? And what time do you plan on being at mile 17? I plan on standing on the LHS sooner after mile 17. What are you wearing?
  • Daz.... the very best of luck to you for next Sunday. I will be a tad busy this week and will probably be away from my PC.  I hope to get to see you at the Expo. Take it easy this week and run strong and be proud of yourself....
  • best of luck for a brilliant day and run
  • Cheers all!

A gentle 3 at MP this morning, and then some light weights before sauna etc. My weight now is roughly where I need it to be, and hopefully stay.

Caro - I'm number 4416. If all goes to plan, should be at mile 17 at about 2:05 after start of race. Not sure on what to wear yet, but as I only own 1 vest with my name printed it'll probably be that as I CBA to get another done, hence white vest with British Legion red poppy on it.

Gatton - are you at Expo all week? We'll be there on Sat, where will you be hiding? I'll try to find you and say Hi.
  • Daz  I will be in registration all week not sure yet which desk I will be on but will let you know before Saturday.... via this forum...stay healthy and safe.
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

I may be up on Saturday too so hope to meet you guys (and Caro?)

If I don't see you Daz hope all goes well xx

• I'm nervous!

I've got sniffles - want em to bogoff!!

Got Friday off for expo , but may go get my number on Wed, as my work is so close to the Excel centre can do it at lunchtime!!

What are peoples runnning numbers?

• Not sure yet if I'm going thurs or sat.
  • carovet wrote (see)
     My sister has deferred her Boston place for a yr as typically there is going to be a relative heat wave in Boston tomorrow!! Supposed to get to over 30c and sunny,

And that's one of the reasons why my running has hit the buffers this year.  Absolutely no fun trying a complete a run at 8 at 30+ degrees and climbing!   Needless to say not doing London this year.  Can't defer either, as I deferred last year because I was in Canada.  image

Apologies for my absence, and I'm certainly unlikely to attempt to read back, but it has been a touch chaotic relocating downunder, to say the least.....

Just wanted to pop in to say, Daz, best of luck for Sunday.  I hope you nail the PB. 

And to all others, enjoy the occassion whether helping, supporting, 'expo'ing, or grinding out another marathon.

• I forgot you'd disappeared to the other side of the world windy, I did wonder why you were posting at 1am! Hope it's been worth it, despite initial chaos.
  • Daz best of luck for Sunday and you too Dave - hope you have a great run and hit your targets. Not been on here for sooo long now I tend to speak to most on Facebook or email. I did Brighton on Sunday - nearly didn't make the start line due to back problems again - and came in with 4:00:05........so so close to sub 4 but under the circumstances and considering when I first came on this forum I was doing 5:35 marathon times, I'm pretty chuffed!!

Anyone else got any other races lined up? Caro are you back running again yet or is it still too early after Eric was born?
  • Windy – saw this briefly yesterday but didn’t have chance to reply.  Shame your not doing VLM, but as you say you’ve not been able to do the training.  Glad to hear from you and assume that you and family are settling in nicely - “Put another shrimp on the Barbie”.  My heart bleeds about running in that heat lol.

As I lay awake at about 0530 listening to the howling wind and rain did I think of running in a warmer climate, oh no!

As I stood outside at about 0600 in jacket, hat and gloves waiting for Garmin to get a signal, did I think of running in a warmer climate, oh no!

As the rain was hitting me so hard in the face at one point it felt like hail, did I think of running in a warmer climate, oh no!

As you can tell I’m not jealous lol. image

Anyway, I managed to JFDI and ran to one of England’s most famous landmarks here, only 4.01 hilly miles at a sluggish 8:13 pace, and I was like a drowned rat when I got back pmsl.

Good to hear from you too Pinks.  Well done on the 4hrs at Brighton, just got to shave off 6 seconds next time lol.  However, as you say considering where you started you have every right to be chuffed! image

Dave – my number is 4416.  Have a good race!

If anyone is likely to be around at Expo on Sat, send me your no by RW Mail and I’ll endeavour to catch up with you.  I have Gatton’s no and am certain to pop in and see him.  We should be there early/mid afternoon.

Be good y’all!

• Cheers Daz, sluggish 8:13mm , gulp , I'll be over the moon with approx 10mm (fast lol ) , but first goal is sub 5 hours!!!

Pinks - you are utterly amazing and it was sub 4 hours cos you ran further than 26.2 eh image !

my number is 9293......  

• Thought of you at Easter Daz, driving through the lovely solstice park off the A303.

Still not sure whether I'll be there tomorrow or sat, Gatton I hope I still have your no and that it hasn't changed. Check your phone!
  • Pinks that is fab........but I bet you're secretly a little miffed! I know I would be image. You're catching me up........next yr.
    Not running yet as back really suffered this pregnancy and post birth. Am having physio now to try and get me going again. Am hoping to buy a running buggy as well.
  • JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭
    HaHa Daz. See me being a lazy mare saved me from getting soaked through with you. I am completely ignoring the fact it might be raining on Sunday if i don't think about it, it won't rain.
  • I often run to and around Solstice Park Caro, but today I went in the other direction to Stonehenge. A nice view spoilt by the crappy weather.

Just accept it Jiminey, you're going to get wet on Sunday, just like the rest of us. You'd better not be lazy on Sunday.
  • On easter Mon we drove past stonehenge in the pouring rain, laughing at the miserable blighters bracing themselves walking round it. I am always underwhelmed by it, probably because I drive past it so often. Given it is the most popular tourist attraction in the UK, I really think they need a proper visitors centre - not a porter cabin in a carpark!
  • Yes - there certainly is a need for some investment, but I understand it's been a bone of contention around here for years, how to have a decent centre without spoiling the countryside and view etc.