Attn Phil Pub

Hi mate

Yes I realised on the way home it was you - I meant to have a quick chat later, but I was in a bit of a sulk! Got one of those 'every five years' stitches...one of those that hurts even when you stop!

You seemed to be going well..I think you pressured me into it! You know what that course is like, I'm just the other side of a cold and my breathing was crap and a long downhill bit too didn;t help.

Looks like I will be out with some of the Kent boys after the Southern track meeting at Newquay on May 18th. Going?

Comments

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Ah, glad you're OK.  Yeah I was doing all I could to tag along behind you then I thought I might be able to catch you and the Blackheath guy, didn't expect you to slow quite so quickly!

I didn't realise HH were popping down to Newquay as well - cool!  I'm hoping I'd be picked for the 5,000m but already earmarked it as an excuse for a weekend away anyway so I'll most probably be there.  Assuming you're up for the 5,000m maybe we can have another smack-down with your guts back in order.  image

• Nice one. Yep, It was annoying because having got to the lake most of the hard work was done, so felt quite confident of a strongish finish...but hey we'll never know...image

Newquay - Apparently Ken is doing an email at some point - its there's a train 9 ish from Padding ton, they have agreed to delay the start until 2.15. His mate has earmaked a cheap hotel too. I generally do 8&1500, but may have to do the 5k - although will probably be a 'points job'! the other club is met police.

So should see you on the train or at the track!

• I slowed down a bit towards the end of Paris marathon at the weekend. I've got a pretty good feeling that it was also Phil's fault.  Now that Simon has brought this issue up, I bet there's a whole heap of people who now realise the extent of the damage that Phil's negative mind-controlling influences can have.....

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

image  How did the rest of it go Tricky??  The common link could well be the shorts; apparently they put a lot of people off.

Paris:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/40158_477328794594_684159594_6692128_7451745_n.jpg

Sutton Park:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524244_10150816468439595_684159594_11455309_2137051648_n.jpg

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Bloody 'ell Phil, you like the sort of runner who gets his photo in AW.

Me, I look like the sort of bloke who get his pickie in a Saga Tours brochure.
  • ....must have been the shorts after all image
  • Phil

Not doing Newquay now sadly, really hate being a sayer and not a do-er, but various things have collided..

IT Band hurting

Cough

Pain in ribs

Small team, no one staying over

Need to help the missus at her track meet in Colchester - esp as she is looking after a mad 2 year old all day. Can't really justify going - I would 'do it for the team' if it was nearer. Shame, as I was looking forward to it.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Ah, bummer!  Well I hope your ailments all clear up and you win some domestic brownie points.  We've got a full team going down with about ten staying over so should be a laugh. Looks like I'm A string for 5,000m but thankfully not been asked to help out with anything silly like shot puts.  image

• Thats a really good effort mate. We will come third anyway as Met Police have pulled out..least they cant expel any teams anymore as the league is shrinking!

Have a great weekend - think of me trailing round after a small boy..probably in the rain image