No chip time in 2012 VLM help!

Hi all pen 5 starters.

I started about two thirds back in blue pen 5.  Due to my chip failing or not registering on the start mat I have no official time aarrgg!!!, and I didn't run with a watch, so the only chance I have of getting a fairly accurate time is by decucting the time it took to cross the start line from my finish photo time if VLM can find that?. Can anyone help please?.  I didn't know anyone at the start so can't ask them. I did have quite a chat to a chap in a green T-Shirt (yeah I know that really narrows it down)  while sitting on the little wall in pen 5. just before we started. If that's you (you said you wanted 3.30) we would have the same time interval to cross the line. I was wearing a cancer research vest with 'Dave' on the front in pink. I finished not far ahead of the 3.56 pacer. Did he finish smack on 3.56 I wonder?.

Comments

• Hi Dave -  I started right at the back of blue pen number 4,  I crossed the start line with the clock on  2 minutes 29 seconds  . The leaders in pen 5 seemed to be with us as I crossed the start line so you wouldn't have been many seconds after that  I would guess -  maybe deduct 3 minutes if they can find your finish photo ?

Hope that helps a bit.

• runner888

Thanks for that. 3 mins sounds about right?  My finish time on the line was either 3.57 something or 3.58 something from memory so I'm thinking 3.55 actual?

• I don't think the photo's crossing the finish line have a clock on them now the timing is chip based.

However, If you can see other numbers in the finish photo or running down the mall you can look up their times to get a rough idea of your finish time, you won't know if they started in front or behind you though image

• If you can find someone who recorded the coverage on the red button (Freeview channel 301) I am being told they covered each of the 3 finish line channel  on a split screen with a clock in the middle of the screen - bit of a long shot but there may be someone out there who recorded it and could look out for your number ?  -  good luck.
  • Jordie

No you are right, I wont know. Oh dear image .  So all I've got to go on then is overtaking the 3.56 pacer at mile 25 and finishing in from of him. That will have to do unless somebody's got any other ideas?.

• Runner888

Thanks, and yes, somebody's offered to do that. At least then all i need is the crossing the start time which sounds like about 3 mins from two thirds down pen 5 to deduct to get fairly close at least?.

• Need for Speed

As I posted on the thread I started, the girl in the Mara Office said that they will look at the video and give me a gun time. They must have a video of all finishers coming in with the guntime displayed, otherwise she wouldn't have said what she said. 

Did they take a description of how you looked like and which of the 3 tunnels you picked when you finished?

Did you ask them how long it will take to sort this? I forgot to ask and now wonder how long it might take. I can tell you that I am pretty stressed out because of the GFA qualifying time.

All you need to do is deduct aproximately 3 minutes and that is your real time (as real as it is possible I am affraid). My husband was at the very front of pen 5 Blue Start and he took about 2min39 sec to cross.

• Edith

They said to me it could be two weeks plus before they can let me know the gun time, if they can find me by my description/number?. Not good.

Thanks for letting me know your husband's start delay time. 3 mins must be about right for me then.

I'm really sorry to hear about your GFA time thing, but congratulations anyway, you must be very proud of your time even if the poxy chip let you down. Good luck in getting the right result. I really feel there should be a second set of mats or something to trigger a failed chip or failed mat registering the chips.  It's very unfair for us average runners that alone people close to a GFA like you.

• Really fustrated also started in Blue 5 and my chip only worked to the 13mile post and no time after that .

My times have now even been removed to the 13mp and if I put my number in nothing appears .  

I was wearing a Garmin so I have my time but people who sponsored me and asked if I run beyond 13!

Virgin LM have no contact details at all on the website , how do I contact them to get my offical times ???

Paul (Blue,pen 5-number 2084) who finished in 4.06 honest !!!  

• Just PHONE 020 7902 0200 and they will find your finish picture with your time. Do you know how long it took you to cross the start line?.( I'm interested to know) then deduct that from your picture time.

Coincidence that yours failed also?, dodgy chips I think, but VLM blame the start line mat sensor?.

• musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    Runner888 wrote (see)
    If you can find someone who recorded the coverage on the red button (Freeview channel 301) I am being told they covered each of the 3 finish line channel  on a split screen with a clock in the middle of the screen - bit of a long shot but there may be someone out there who recorded it and could look out for your number ?  -  good luck.
    Welsh Alex has done this in the past, but don't know if he has done it this year