looking for a change from Nike Air Pegasus..can anyone help?

I have run in Nike Air Pegasus for years and been very happy. Tried Nike Zoom and Brooks but always ended up going back to Pegasus...however, I'm thinking I might fancy a change of brand..so can anyone recommend a trainer similar to Nike Air Pegasus for support, bounciness etc?

(as an overweight runner Brooks just weren't bouncy enough for me and Zoom were too bouncy...I'm like a fat Goldilocks!)

Comments

• If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Unless you're looking to change technique i.e. changing from heel/midfoot/forefoot striking to something else, why change something that you're happy with?

• hmm...yep, maybe you're right...I just really like the look of Adidas BUT they only get covered in mud after 2wks anyway don't they?
  • Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭

New Balance 1064

• ploddinglady wrote (see)
    hmm...yep, maybe you're right...I just really like the look of Adidas BUT they only get covered in mud after 2wks anyway don't they?
    I run in Pegasus too. When  I tried a pair of neutral Adidas they felt really heavy & clunky in comparison
  • I tried shifting away from Nike Structure Triax / Nike Pegasus (I flip between the two depending upon weight - if I'm carrying a few extra pounds I wear the structure for the better support / motion control) last year into Adidas - they didn't suit my gait, and I ended up picking up a piriformis injury as a result. The minute I cast them aside and went back to the trusty Nikes the injury went away.

Now I will never consider anything other than Nikes - I too have learnt the lesson 'If it's not broke don't fix it!'

• I have used Nike for years and years and years...and still running strong in them. I used to run in only Pegasus but now tend to buy structure triax due to their superb comfort and arch support although I am not a pronator...over the years when I have attempted to change brand and try for example saucony  but I have always returned to my good old Nikes imageimage
  • I ran in pegasus. I now prefer NIKE VOMEROSimage  Some reviews say they are "too spongy";but I love the cushioned feeling. i am now on my 5th pair. I did try Brooks Ghost;but the cushioning was inferior and I noe only use them for shorter runs.