4 marathons in 4 days

Hi All,

I am planning to run 4 marathons in 4 days in August this summer. Has any one done something similar.

I have plenty of time for training but a little unsure of how many long runs or back to back runs.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• I did 2 in 2 Barry, with no specific training. Just avoided the temptation to go for a pb and went steady, and concentrated on the recovery element. Where are you doing them, btw?
  • Hi Tiago,

There in Donegal, Ireland. A lot hills.  Yea I done a 40 mile ultra as a test and it worked out well. What was the max long run you did in training?

Cheers

• I thin it was 30, Barry. But they were in prep for a 50 miler in Feb, so i did it the other way around.
  • Did 4 in 4 last Spetember.

Other than running marathon's week in and week out, no specific training.

Would have said the "key" is speed. Run ay whatever your LSR pace plus 15 to 30 minutes.

• I think this might be harder than running 100 miles in 1 day.

i've done 30 miles on 1 day after another and it was very hard to get started on the second day. However, after 3-4 miles, it felt a bit better.

Good rest and nutrition will be key.

I'd practice back to back long runs e.g. a 30 miler the day after a 20 miler.

Best of luck.

• I think back to back long training runs is the key Barry,like Hillheader said its just getting started and just taking it easyimage
  • FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

Hi Barry,

Just wondering how you are getting on .
    The 40 you did .... was that the rocks and rolling ultra?
    Am down for this myself, but am still trying to pace an injury and keep getting sidetracked by other events. 

• Plan your recovery/nightly routine

ie, ice bath, massage (even if you have to do it yourself), compression wear in bed, replace electrolytes and fluids every night, make sure you are consuming fats, carbs and protein

Personally I would say aim for 60 mins over your marathon pb for the first one and take it easier than that for the other days

Leave enough in the tank for a sprint finish on day 4