Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

Comments

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Emma: Me too. Good work on finding it. Now downloaded to get my Asics 26.2 fix... I wanna do it all again too, so much!!!
  • Tenjiso - hope you manage to find us on here - good luck tomorrow at MK
  • Just joining in as missing the chat on Rosie's thread!

SB - CW looks like a great event, good to do something that's not just about 'performing' on one day.

I've thought about trying parkrun (there is one about 2 miles from my house) but Sat morning is my long run day so it doesn't fit.....unless I incorporated it as part of a long run.... I'm not that good at speedy tho.  What time do you run to be first FV SB?

A friend has asked me to consider pacing her round a marathon to a 3:55 time (which would be a PB for her) next year.  I'm tempted but not sure how I'd feel about putting the effort in for a marathon and not racing it myself.......

mcs, good time for 21 miles, bet it was a challenging route too...

Hi to everyone else! 

I ran 10 today (2 weeks after Brighton) still got a bit of a sore heel, not found any gravel to walk on but rolling it on my spiky tumble drier ball right now!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Ten: hope I see you tomorrow!

WW: I think that that on the pacing thing, you will will so proud to have helped your friend to have PBed the effort will have been worth it. Could treat it as a training run?
  • When will it stop sleeting, raining? Where is summer..........having two rest days as knackered, bit quick on Friday then go again tomorrow.....stlll done 42 miles this week.
    That week sounds tough SB! Enjoy!!!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Just looked out of window... Oh hell, hope Ten manages to cope with this... Shockingly bad out.
  • oscarr - LOL - no chance!  I only like CW as I've built up to it - this is my 4th year! You can do all sorts of combinations of distances. And it's more of a training week than a race.  I think you're probably right though - I should take it day by day and just enjoy it! You should all consider going one year - it's brilliant fun - really relaxed and an amazing part of the country - totally worth the journey.  We stay at the campsite which is also known for its tent-killing properties.  If you have a camper it's not so bad but I've experienced some pretty extreme weather up there.  Other people stay in self catering accommodation or there's a youth hostel but they book up literally as soon as one year finishes ready for the next.  There's not that much up there so you have to be quick!  We were thinking of going again next year but I've just had the dates through for my massage course and it looks like one of the weekends falls bang in the middle of May so we'd have to miss either the first day or the last - so I'm not sure if we'll go now... But the year after - we'll probably go back - we love it! 

Just me and Ben on the last day oscarr - he'll be looking for a partner in either 2013/14 as I'm planning on building up to do the full marathon on the next visit - shall I tell him you're up for it?

RR - LOL.  My thinking is that I'll build up to 40 so that the mileage doesn't seem such a shock - I normally do more like 35 a week.  I'm planning a 10% taper the week before but as I'm not planning to run any faster than normal I shouldn't need a taper really.  I'm looking forward to a lovely rest the week after though before I start marathon training proper!

WW - parkruns are great - can't recommend them enough - there's such a lovely, supportive atmosphere and people of all ages and abilities.  I've been 1st vet at this particular one with a 24 and a 23.  The overall lady winner runs 21 - 22 mins but each course is different.  I got 1st vet with a mid 23 once down south but I generally expect to be top 10 with that sort of time - that's why I'm so over the moon when I do any better!

mcs - It will be I'm sure but it means I get to eat pudding every night in the pub - whoop whoop!

Ten - my heart goes out to you - extra hardcore points for you going out in this - my coffee cup is nearly empty which means decision time - wrap up and go out in your honour or hide on the treader.  At the moment the concept of 2 hours on the treadmill is winning - and that's saying something! Still - coping with boredom is good mental training so they say!

So who's going outside then? Confess all ya crazy wonder-people ...

• Hi,

Good idea for 1 thread. It's chucking it down in the north west terrible day for the Manchester marathon. I hope it clears up a bit for those running.

Hungover so no early morning running for me!
  • Sleepy Bear thanks for the link on the other thread its really helpful for the lurkers. 

Good luck to everybody running/plodding in this awful weather

Twinkle

• mcs - its blowing a hooli down here so can't imagine what the derbyshire hills are like today - good you get your long run in on friday and can enjoy the rest today - i've got a 9 mile easy run to do today with my race next sunday but am waiting til later in the day

feel for Ten and Simon (Manchester Mar) in this wind

Sleepy - i really do fancy these multiple day events (never done one before) which is why i was looking at the Club La Santa 3 day one but you've given me 2 more to choose from in Cyprus and CW - like the idea of using them as training weeks - thanks for the offer but i think i might slow Ben down; you can tell him to 'shut up' if he moans at you imageimage !!  Need to see how life pans out over these next few months before making longer term plans but really appreciate the info.

great idea to put the quick link on the other threads, well done - reckon your new running club will love you already cos you're such a good organiser

• I'm on a hike today can't imagine what Ten is up to!

Love ParkRuns!

I do Hackney Marshes, have yet to try Mile End Park.
  • Twinkle - *waves* you're very welcome - hoped it might help!

LOL oscarr - I just push him in the ditch if he starts 'half-wheeling' me.  Luckily for CW you run independently - one of you starts at the lighthouse and runs back to the village. The other starts at the ferry crossing and runs TO the lighthouse.  You both carry little timecards so that you can run simultaneously and then your times are added together at the end! Last year though we had to run the bad weather option which was 13.1 each on the mainland.  Bear it in mind...

I learnt to surf at Famara, village near La Santa - it's deffo a failsafe option!  When we book Cyprus I'll give you a nudge and then if you want to join us - you'll be more than welcome - 2013 thread reunion anyone??

oh and sssshhhh - don't tell them - I'm quite happily enjoying my guided 'follow like a lost sheep' runs for now image

RR - must admit I'm quite tempted to try a few different ones 'just for fun'.

Right - off to make a cake: Lemon and Ricotta - hope OH gets back ok tonight in this weather - there might not be any left if he's late image

• Still raining here, must check the weather for tomorrow! How was wet Manchester then Ten?
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Just got back from IKEA/MK marathon... How wet??? Maximum respect to the folks for getting round in that. It was noisy in the shop, so god only knows what it was like running it.

Well done!!!
  • SB what it your doing I have missed that which is confusing!

Sorry to post this but just been for my early Sunday run, in beautiful conditions around the bay area of San Francisco 13 miles in cool but sunny conditions overlooking the most beautiful scenery, I ran around to the golden gate bridge and back...13.4 miles in 1:27 ...sill failing to take things easy!
  • Hello everyone, good work setting up the new thread! Hope ten has had a good day out there...
    Have been at 70th birthday for my uncle today but managed a reasonably painfree 15 min run this morning. So fingers crossed I'll be back running properly soon.
  • Great news Sam and lovely run Lee!

I do hope everyone at MK and Manchester is ok - been wet and windy around these parts with the odd spell of sunshine. V low milage this week so feeling very lazy!

Planning on 6 tomorrow, 4 Weds, Intervals on Thursday (not sure what to do) then rest as have a 10 mile race on Sunday. Feeling fat and lazy so not very confidence about my performance for Sunday.

Any advice most gratefully achieved!

• Hi Emma - why not do the 200m reps session on Thursday same as you did in the final week before Paris just to get the legs turning over quickly without being too tiring which should get you a bit fresher for Sunday's 10 mile race - may even build a bit of confidence ??
  • Thanks Oscarr - lov 200m so soundls like a plan.

Have been looking at the diary and will have to start build up for marathon pretty soon! Mmm slightly worrying. Other problem is that there don't seem to be any pre Autumn marathon 20 mile races!

• Blue skies this morning whats this about, it's Monday! Back to work!
    Got new pair of Asics for marathon fresh out of the box to break in this last four weeks......Kayano slippers discounted on sweat shop with code...... Happy new week it's nearly May!
  • ooooh ooooh new shoes, new shoes - very jealous!  Am going to get my gait re-analysed next month and get some newbies to rotate as I build my miles - love it - enjoy that lovely slipper-like feeling mcs

Hi Choisty *waves* - we're doing the Cape Wrath Challenge. Not quite as exotic as your run - that sounds fab! One day...

Sam - yipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee image

Emma - are you allowed to race yet?  Take it easy tiger! Hope you're not planning on beasting yourself - it's too soon - trust me - I learnt the hard way - I raced too soon, I got overtired, my times got worse, I felt like poop... but I know you are wiser, aren't you? *poke* Aren't you? LOL xxxx

Anyone seen Ten?  Any other survivors of this weekend? Wonder how many DNSs there were?  I can't say I'd blame any of them - I've only ever run a 10k in weather that bad and that was far enough for me!

How'd your run go yesterday oscarr - did you manage to get out?

Easy 6k for me today - blue sky here too - yay!

• Emma - just looked for the Autumn Spitfire 20m and seems its not on this year which is a shame cos that used to be a good one for Autumn marathon prep - don't know of any others but try the RW Events page

Sleepy - can't wait to hear how Ten got on yesterday - yes, went out at about 2:30pm yesterday after all the winds and rain had died down; 9 miler at 9:00 pace with last 2 at 8:30 which felt nice and easy - just come back from my last sports massage (not a deep one!!) and i will continue with foam roller on ITB, hammies and calves this week to stretch them even more - getting excited about Sunday now

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Hi all. I've got some catching up to do on this thread.

In the meantime, I posted my (lengthy) race report in Craig's thread, rather than high-jack your shiny new one image Good job I wasn't part of the Paris team, I would have hated to be the only one to fail to make the target!

Catch-up soon, Ciao for now.
  • Ten - just seen your report, WELL DONE, such a tough run, you are a starimage

Emma - sounds like to are getting back into the training wellimage

BoD - good on you for getting to MK and supporting in such terrible weatherimage

mcs- enjoy the noooo shoes!

Sam - great news that you managed a pain free runimage

I tried my first run since VLM on Saturday, just 3.5 miles. I have developed a sore foot (outside edge) since VLM. Went for a swim instead of a run this morning, but family situation and work make it difficult to do any exercise other than running at the moment!

• Just tried my new slippers, Asics have got their money back with me........... Took a lady in the office for a run at lunch, she is trying to get into it and managed a full mile without stopping today, quite an achievement, then I went off to do hill reps in sunshine!!! What is that light..................

Congrats to Ten well done matey................

MWW go steady now.............

Oscarr feeling the excitement from here!!!! Stay safe this week. Look after the body and eat well.

• went out to support at manchester marathon yesterday. OMG so glad I did London not this. Awful day. Car showed 4 deg C. Pouring with rain. Shouted and clapped for 45 minutes then had to go home and dry / warm up. Well done to all taking part
  • Cloud going dark and black must be time to run home!!! Typical...........

What race you got next? Fill in the list........if you wish.

Oscarr   Marathon of the North

Rosie Marathon of the North

mcs Edinburgh Marathon.

• Oscarr Marathon of the North

Rosie Marathon of the North

mcs Edinburgh Marathon

Rosie Edinburgh Marathon

Oscarr Lakeland Trail Marathon

Funny Hat Lakeland Trail Marathon

Sleepy Bear Lakeland Trail Half Marathon