Thursday 3rd May 2012

Morning

What:4.5M Fartlek.

Why: Habit, but a new circuit. Yeah I said a new circuit...

Yesterdays lyrics: Duran Duran and 'Girls on Film

Nah just up early. I used to start work at 7am and be at work to run with a mate at 6am. Habit.

Comments

• Morning.

Should have got those lyrics yesterday birkmyre.

Glad you and the bike weren't too badly damaged chickadeee.

Doubles Stickless? image

What:                     nothing
    Why:                       ill
    Last hard:             being sensible
    Last rest:              28/4

Lyrics - yes.

Have given myself a good talking too. Sure I could go and do something, an easy swim, a short gentle run or half an hour on the mtb but what would I gain? Very little other than scratching the OCD itch and risking being more ill or for longer so three rest days for me and hope to be better by the weekend.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: hour on the bike just before the rain d&d
    hour on the turbo PM
    Intervals running PM
    Why: who knows
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Monday 23rd April
    Lyrics: No

Chicka - glad you are ok
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Indeed Chickadee - hope you are recovering. That's one of the things that puts me off cycling. I have fallen off/been bumped enough times that my body has its own memory of what biting the dust feels like, and doesn't fancy doing it for fun. It remains the quickest way to work though.

lmh, its a tough lesson to swallow, that sitting still is sometimes the best training strategy. It doesn't seem to be one that is easily learnt: every time the situation arises, all the arguments have to be presented, listened to and argued through anew. I suppose such judgement calls do get marginally easier with repetition, but nobody likes it.

Me? Rest day. My calves would kill me if I tried. Curious that, I don't tight calves as a consequence of stairs, and the evening run was definitely easy, though I felt as if I was running low on dopamine by the end.
  • What: 7.3 miles yesterday evening

Why: After pulling in favours I have a guranteed place in next years VLM be that through the ballot or as a golden bond runner for the national osteoporosis socitey. Time to get serious!!

Last hard: Monday. Me and intervals share a love/hate relationship!

Last easy: Today. Due a rest, although may still go to the gym for some core exercises.

Lyrics: Of course.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: core later

Why: no more running till Monday for me.

Feeling properly "injured" now.  I'm 99% sure it's all in the mind, nerves and all that.  Doesn't help that last time I looked at the weather for Belfast on Monday it said "light snow"!!!  It's May!

Chicka  how are you feeling?

LMH sensible!  Better to not train now than have to have longer off later image

Very sleepy at the moment, lots of stresses on top of mara (Dad remarrying next week, giving in my notice today to go to unemployment in a different country!).

Have a good day all.

• Rested yesterday due to work/ family/ travel. If i was in "serious" mode i would have fitted it in but in current "not serious" mode an extra rest day is good.

Anyway, 2k swim d&d, a nippy 4 miles on TM d&d.

Might have a run this evening.

Emzap - all the best for Monday. Don't worry about the weather - it'll be grand!.
  • Morning all.

WHAT: 10k starting at the polling station.
    WHY: Vote dammit!
    LAST HARD: Tuesday
    LAST REST: Sunday gone
    LYRICS: Unfortunately yes.

• Stickless - so true, my head knows that rest is the right thing and it's definitely what I would advise anyone else to do so why do I always feel as though I'm wimping out?

Wow emzap - the move seems to have come round very quickly and that is a lot to have going on at once. You've done the work for the marathon, chill image Just make sure you take a throwaway top and a bin bag for the start and maybe some gloves that you can wear at least until you warm up.

Joe - it's a little early to start your VLM build! Lots of golden bond places going nearer the time so don't feel too pressured.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Thanks for all the concern, guys. I'm ok - and the bike is too. Ran today and forgot I was injured, so definitely on the mend. It just looks ugly but that's what trousers are for image

LMH: sorry to read you are still feeling rough. I guess the marathon took quite a chunk out of you. Time to rest up and recover properly.

Emzap: you have a lot on your plate at the mo. I'm sure the pains and niggles are in the head though. Tapir madness image. Where are you moving to in Germany? I'm sure you won't be unemployed very long. There's huge demand in qualified personnel.

what: some reps at 5k pace
    why: racing on Sunday and trying to teach my legs what it will feel like
    last hard: the tarmac that I hit on Monday
    lyrics: think so!

BTW, what happened to the old forum layout? This speech bubble thing sucks and my forum pic makes me suddenly look about 2 ft shorter and 6 stone heavier ... image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

This new forum thing is weird, must have changed today as looked normal this morning!

Chick I may have to pick your brains, am I right in thinking you're a Brit living in Germany?  I'm having some issues getting my head around the renting system!  Glad you are feeling better.

• Don't like it - why do they have to keep changing things?

• NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

It's awful isn't it!

What: Just 3 miles with Mae.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Love the new format. Not. Seems pointless to have changed anything.

What: a walk
    Why: all I can do.

I think there are a couple amongst us who have forgotten that they have recently run a marathon and that may just have taken a little bit out of them.

Emzap: rest! (I think Chick is a native German...that's why she writes better English than the rest of us.)

Lyrics: am sure I should...so that's a no.

Despite my semi-retirement am now fully booked up with work until the end of the month, plus exam marking, and then have three days a week minimum until the end of July.  Fortunately that fits in with my training (i.e. I am not running at present) although it does hamper my cricket watching opportunities.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

lost a post

Evening

Chickadee have to read back but hope you are ok Having fallen myself know it hurts

LMH Hope you are feeling better soo

What: 6.3 miles/10 miles cycle
    Why Head scalping sort off A No 6
    Last Hard: i picked a longer route home up the longest hill i could ever pick
    Lyrics No

Dentist Monday gone tooth has to come out root canal didn't work have half of it left looks like i've been in a fight.

• This new format is garbage.image

Please bring back old one.