Wednesday 9th May 2012

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Take my body, take my soul
But don't take my rock n roll

Morning all! Figured I haven't started a thread for ages and as I finished my run faster than I thought I have 5 mins to post image

what: 6 miles with fartlek
why: it's fun
last hard: Monday
last rest: 23/4

have a good day all image

Comments

• Morning chickadee.

What:5M Steady

Why: I enjoy it.

Cool, dry, bit cloudy when out. Birds seemed very noisy.

MissB going back to her Primary School this afternoon to answer questions. She's big 1st Year in Secondary. the voice of experience.image

Back later.

• Doh !

Yesterdays lyrics: Pet Shop Boys. 'Always on my mind.' 1987 (My music era as you all know by now !)

Not sure about todays lyrics.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Thank you all for the tri and weightloss feedback. Looking forward to the next one now!

Early starts all around today. Mrs alex_h left at 6 to travel up to Sheffield. Therefore I was up at 5 and walking the hounds. Just waiting for the baby to wake up now. Hoping to take him out for a run later if the rain holds off. Otherwise, it will possibly be taking him in the pool, which doesn't count as training!!

Planned to go for a cycle yesterday evening, but life got in the way and it would have been 8pm by the time I left. Knock-on effect would have been a very late tea and late to bed. As we had an enforced early start today, I decided to leave it! Was tired also, due to broken sleep the night before (teething baby!) so probably not a bad decision to leave it.

Emzap - Congrats on the sub-4hr and the other PBs you have achieved this year!!
    LMH - Hope recovery is continuing!
    Dustin - good 10k!
    Blisters - Keep that swimming up!!!
    Birkmyre - Hope MissB's question time goes OK!! Good early running as always!

Back later to tell you what I managed to do (or not!)

• Morning.

smt gave me a right going over last night! Nothing particularly wrong but she's just been trained in the lyno method and is very enthusiastic!

Hope you feel better soon NZC.

What:            just a swimming lesson
    Why:             trying to recover
    Last hard:      not bouncing back
    Last rest:       4/5

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning image

What: 1km x 10 intervals at lunchtime
    Why: haven't ran since Sunday
    Last hard: Sunday, 7.3miles at tempo.
    Last rest: Mon & Tues.

Going to attempt another 10k race on Sunday. Hopefully the weather isn't like the last time!

• Morning all. See, I was listening to the Elvis version of yesterday's lyrics, so I knew it straight away. Don't know today's.

There's a 4 mile race on across town this evening. I don't know whether to enter it at the last minute or whether to just carry on with training. Shall go for a swim shortly to make up my mind. 

Assuming the latter:

• WHAT: 8m easy
    • WHY: the hell of it
    • LAST HARD: Saturday
    • LAST REST: Sunday

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: rest

Why: I wonder!

Feeling a lot better after a good night's sleep.  I think 4 days of little sleep was not helping my mood yesterday.  A hot bath and lots of deep heat has done wonders as well, though still not quite walking properly!

LMH I did vaseline, but the rain washed it all off!  Are you feeling better?

Alex  great tri debut and weight loss.  Seems you are doing really well juggling everything at the moment!

Wabo How are you feeling at the moment?

Busy busy at work today so must run.

Have a good day all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all!
    Joe - 1k x 10!!!  nice work
    Emzap - huge congrats on the marathon effort
    Blisters - probably right, however I loathe 10k races. But...I reckon I need to give sub40mins another blast (Pb is something like 38.20, albeit more years ago than I care to think about)

Yesterday avoided the club session and did just shy of 8 miles easy over the fields, woods and lanes. Happy with the effort despite tired legs.
    Today will be 4 easy

lyric - think i ought to...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

think I know these lyrics..

emzap, thanks for asking, pretty good today, and calf is good as gold  now which is nice!

dustin 8 miles easy over fields woods and lanes sounds lovely!

What: cycled 21.2 miles in today, got pretty wet, did 3 mile off road run last night, no ill effects image

why: I wanto to get my fitness back and some fatness  gone!

last hard: this morning

last easy: monday

Have  agood day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It sounds like Wednesday here. Athletes just about recovered from the weekend and getting enthusiastic about a decent midweek session.
    I have a theory that is borne out of experience, that one's best 10k time will come 7 days after you've just done a 10k PB. I'm not the only one to have done this, a keen rival spotted the trend too, so we targetted a pair of 10k races a week apart each year. It worked time and again. He was targetting 5k/10k, and I was marathon down to 10k. Good old lungs out stuff.

Wednesday for me is likely to be too busy for training.

Lyrics? Hmm, another one sounding a bit familiar, but not quite enough to recognise them.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

By the way, is anyone else not getting email notifications when a response is made in this new format?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Think i should know todays lyrics i don't from memory Chick does share the same music interest as me and from memory Blisters too

What: 10km cycle
    Why: Pay a bill

Last Hard: Whats one of them
    Lyrics brain stuck

May run later don't know how far i should though

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

ugh, hate 10ks image too much hard work image. But I guess I hate them coz I'm really rubbish at them image

As for the lyrics, not sure the band and the song are known outside the UK. They may well be. All will be revealed tomorrow image

• Aftanoon

Managed a good 14 miles last night. off now for 5 or 6!

Emzap - Apologies on behalf on the poor organisation in Beil Feirste!!. Can't legislate for the weather though. Ironically, where I live in the South East we had a lovely day - Sunshine & a few clouds. I had heard a few mixed reports about the Belfast marathon - I must talk to a few fella's i know who did it to see what they say - waiting so long for the bag is piss poor!! Usually races are well organised, particularly ones with clubs behind them. You'll have to get over for anotherone!! - try Dublin  - it's usually good 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Like the thinking Blisters...

Joe, thats one heck of a session...

What - 10.5m steady along the Trent
    Why - Away again and have the time at nights to do so
    Last hard - Mondays 5k
    Last Rest - Yestreday

Lyrics -  No

Take care

• Glad your calf is feeling better Wabo.

I don't use the notifications emzap so can't comment I'm afraid. Was at the docs this morning, she thinks I'm either still suffering from the virus or post-viral though she's ordered all my usual blood tests just to make sure (will hopefully get those done in the morning). Whilst she said that I could continue to exercise at a low intensity for short periods she believed this would delay recovery if it is viral. As we're off to Whitby next weekend and have a big week of cycling planned I'm going to be very lonely if I can't join in so after much discussion with husband, coach and a doctor friend I am biting the bullet and resting. Main problem (besides the exercise OCD!) is how long to rest for? Until I'm no longer so tired? Until my throat isn't sore and glands not up? For a week? RHR is still within normal limits so no good as a guide. Of course, if it's my thyroid or anaemia I'll just have lost more fitness by resting....................

Sorry, very me, me, me.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Been struggling to get an internet connection, unusually of late.

Lyrics: no

7D:  wonder if you went to a very wet 4 miler tonight, and was it H... Hall?

What: 30 mins very wet walk

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - it would have been the Haigh Hall run. Except I fell asleep on the train home from work and missed my stop, by the time I got home I didn't have the time to get there without being unprepared. The standard of Phoenix club runs seems pretty high too, I'm not there yet. I'll probably do a couple in the series though, the Bryn 5k looks good.