Outlaw swim

2»

Comments

• Not a bad idea Cake.

• SA how do we get entry if we're volunteering? I nearly entered on Friday but glad I did't now if there is a chance of free entry instead

Note - Cat I will not be serving you pizza on Saturday as I plan to swim image could u get me a pizza fit when I get out?

That's a good idea, have the pirates support the volunteers racing in the swim
  • Eeeerrrrr that's ridiculous... Sorry of course, personally I will be not racing I'll be paddling my round doing best not to drown
  • gastank wrote (see)
    Note - Cat I will not be serving you pizza on Saturday as I plan to swim image could u get me a pizza fit when I get out?

No problem. Wha'youwan?

• Ooh I forgot about the leaches!! No sign of them tonight! Water was probably too cold!

The water was a bit murky tonight, but really only where somebody had stood up. A little bit of weed, but only really at the sides of the lake! And at only 11C it was just a tad on the cold side.

I managed to stay in quite happily for about 35 mimutes. The biggest problem was my face getting used to being in cold water, threw my breathing out for a bit but things soon settled down. Not a bad little swim tonight! Oh and the new wetsuit was nice & comfortable!
  • gastank wrote (see)
    SA how do we get entry if we're volunteering? I nearly entered on Friday but glad I did't now if there is a chance of free entry instead 

If you contact the organisers 1 month before the event, tell them you want to marshal (pirate feed station) and can you claim your free entry to the swim the day before

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I bet its a wetsuit only swim though.

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

because I'm on the feed station this year you get free entry into the swim events the day before, 3 different distances to do 1.5K, 3K or 5K

The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
    gastank wrote (see)
    SA how do we get entry if we're volunteering? I nearly entered on Friday but glad I did't now if there is a chance of free entry instead 

If you contact the organisers 1 month before the event, tell them you want to marshal (pirate feed station) and can you claim your free entry to the swim the day before

I am currently talking to OSB about this to see if it is the same terms as last year, so please don't consider it a dead cert that we will get to do the free swim quite yet.  Thanks image

Also, if you have put your name down on the Pirate Feed Station List and you still want to do it as part of the Pirates, please do not contact OSB to say you are marshalling as they will believe you are doing it independently of the Pirate Station and you won't get to be on our feed point.

That said, if you do want to do it independently, by all means contact OSB and also let me know.  Thanks image