PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

Comments

• F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭

Im not doing anymore after Outlaw, so i think The Norseman would make good alternative to Lanza.

• Foggy the only issue with Norseman is we cant guarantee getting everyone in ...

How many times are you going to retire?  I think Pebble has a narrow lead over FB at the moment  image

• FB, Los Cabos interested us due to family holiday element with beaches etc don't know if it's filled up yet, as only opened today.

Barlos, Canada is a must do race for us and gives good training during summer, however committing to this race leaves kona qual very late, so would not be aiming at both.

As for Arizona, timing wise excellent, summer training excellent, road trip to Vegas orsum, Kona qual for following year bonus

Options still open
  • F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Foggy the only issue with Norseman is we cant guarantee getting everyone in ...

Are you sure thats the only issue??!!  

Ive never tretired Im just not doing anymore as Im knackered.

• I think it's great to do the Champs at Lanza. "Marquee" location and all that. Just can't fit it into my lifestyle.

Perhaps all the singletons, nutters and divorcees could go to Lanza, get drunk, shag each other. And all the boring but vaguely attractive people could go somewhere easier in the school hols with their families???? 

• Would like as many as possible at the Champs IMO ... otherwise we limit the numbers in the Mince Off  image

• Flat FootedFlat Footed ✭✭✭

Gladys and i spoke to the Challenge crew at the TCR and they were more than happy to offer the pirate a group discount.

Although i like the look of the X-man, off road, over night, MTB on the south downs thing myself.

• Am doing Canada this year, so can supply race report for future consideration.

Think i may have to keep it UK next year due to this years expense, so i'll vote for Henleyimage

Also doing Bala Middle, again, glutton for punishment, but if i managed it last year, this year should be easy!image

• slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

I vote for Bala again next year...i love it, despite the slightly blowy conditions in 2011image

Anyone for Embrun in August  image

• So we have:

Lanza
    Henley
    Vichy
    Embrun

any more for the mix?? !!

• VT'd wrote (see)

I don't need to give a choice as I haven't a clue and I was going with the majority anyway.  Although Lanza was already scaring me shitless image.

Henley is not exactly easy!

• Purple ... that is a very good point, there are a lot of hills in them there parts!!

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Challenge Vichy would work for us too.

I thought Hills were friends?
  • I might just go for a Northern European IM event.  It may sound cheesy but I'd like to do a branded IM race for my CV.

I totally get what Barlos is saying about atmosphere and togetherness.

• HIlls are not necc friends but they are on my contacts list  image

VT, dont underestimate the power of a pirate gathering but I do understand the want to do a branded one for the first ...

Lanza is branded  image

• Lanza & Henley would work for me to participate but Lanza & Vichy wouldnt so I would do the first and poss support the second  image

• purpletrilady wrote (see)
    VT'd wrote (see)

I don't need to give a choice as I haven't a clue and I was going with the majority anyway.  Although Lanza was already scaring me shitless image.

Henley is not exactly easy!

Pah! Half the bike course is downhill. And the run is flat.

I'm up for Bala next year too. I'm now refusing to get involved in a discussion about a doorstep IM. Not interested no no no no no. <<shakes head>>.

• Flat FootedFlat Footed ✭✭✭

Oh and the double...i want to do that too.

• So we have:

IM Wales
    Lanza
    Henley
    Vichy
    Embrun

any more for the mix?
    I've added Tenby because that was mentioned earlier, and entries remain available for a fair while. I was thinking Welsh myself, but in true Pirate fashion I've got to learn how to swim first.
    I like the look of those big Atlantic rollers.

• Those Atlantic rollers were brilliant, im sure they were getting towards 10 foot high in parts.  Got to say while a little unerving at first its bar far the best and most fun IM swim ive done.  Beats the hell out of a flat calm lake any day image

Rosey, Canda is deff top of my lis re events I want to do, its got such a good reputation, just a question of timing for next year along with other things.  Understand its a bit close for Kona, far better to qualify with 10 months notice (e.g. Arizona) when you can really use that to focus your training.

• IMUK?

It will be my first and with the date of lanza and nuptial costs, overseas is a non flyer for me in 2013 for sure, so I'd like an IM to be my first... but it's just a suggestion.

• Gastank go wash yer mouth out   image

• So how do we make a decision about 2013 then folks ... vote for the favourite with an end date for voting or shall I just decide for you  image

• Or.....the normal way. We vote, and Meldy chooses any way (like xmas....) image

• Yayyy !!   image

Which reminds me .... where are we going this year for Christmas?  !!

• IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭
    Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Or.....the normal way. We vote, and Meldy chooses any way (like xmas....) image

Ooooh cat5 you're gonna be in trouble image

Seeing as I'm a wee little newbie when it comes to IM races I haven't heard of half the races you've been discussing (image); however, for me if I do an IM next year the criteria for me will be location (UK, as I know chances are it won't be hideously hot), timing (seeing as I'm going to have to start training almost from scratch again & with my dodgy knee I think 12 months minimum is what I will need so I'd be looking at an event from July-ish onwards) and cost (which also means a UK event) so if the chosen alternate outing fits in with all that then count me in image

Although much as I might get spat on for saying this, I'm kinda with gas that there is something about doing an Ironman branded event for ones first one so I might be with you in doing IMUK as it would fit all my criteria!

• 1. I ain't goin' on no plane again!
    2. Barlos is right, foreign thing was my lifes greatest short break ever in Nice 2008, it's just life in four days. If you don't mind flying, Pirates abroad is a 10/10 experience. In fact, it goes up to 11!
    3. I understand IMUK resistance. I doubt if you could recreate things in UK, might be fun to try?

Meldy smiles in hot countries though....