How far would you go to try new things/

If it was morally and legally acceptable to eat another human's meat, would you?

Would you at least try it? If you went to morrisons and they had new delicious human meat roast slice samples to try, would you try it?

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Given how removed a lot of us have become from the origins of food I suspect that a lot of people would try it.  Maybe not if it was labelled as from humans, but give it another name and I think a lot of people would try it.

• Whats the difference between eating human meat or fluffy cuddly bunny rabbit.  What about human foie gras?

Personally I dont know, but surely as a society that collectively allow millions to die of starvation or preventable diseases each year we've hardly a high enough horse to sit on and say we wouldnt eat human meat if it was harvested humanely.

• Millions die in wars, of starvation, disease, bad health, crime, but we do try to stop these deaths from happening because they actually stop societies from functioning well.

The same would be true of cannibalism. Its has always been the case that cannibalism occurs in extremis, that its done to "the other"  not to your own tribe so to speak. Amongst animals it occurs through fear and extreme hardship. Its the last of the last resorts. It cannot be made normal as it would put too many at risk. If you use it as a way of dealing with your enemies it will eventually corrode your society. The fact that no society that has practiced cannabalism has managed to grow into a successful modern society with cannabalistic practices in tact is no accident. If you eat your young, your old, your weak your society is fear led. Fear is the death of progressive societies.

• If you want you can read the rest of my thesis entitled " Has Granny Got a Wishbone" on line at www.ohthatsgottohurt.com

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    There's probably a secret tory think tank report already advocating farming and eating the proles. We're all in it together, in this case between two slices of bread.
  • Is it too early to mention one of my favourite movies?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/

• Let's face it, there are too many people in the world. And the weekly grocery bill is getting bigger and bigger. Cannibalism is the obvious solution.

• I think most the population of Liverpool could easily form meat-based snack portions.

• JT141 wrote (see)
    There's probably a secret tory think tank report already advocating farming and eating the proles. We're all in it together, in this case between two slices of bread.

JT141, actually, that has already been nicely satirised, albeit a few centuries earlier....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

• I wonder how it would work... Human farming... or could you donate your meat to be eaten like you can donate your organs to be re-used....

I wouldnt want to eat someone who's died of some disease. Maybe all people who commit suicide but are perfectly healthy otherwise could be eaten image

• I wonder if I'm the only person thinking things like this image

• I've heard this sort of stuff about Morrisons !

Didn't you mean most the population of Liverpool could easily form fat-based snack portions ?

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Stephen E Forde wrote (see)

The same would be true of cannibalism. Its has always been the case that cannibalism occurs in extremis, that its done to "the other"  not to your own tribe so to speak. Amongst animals it occurs through fear and extreme hardship. Its the last of the last resorts. It cannot be made normal as it would put too many at risk. If you use it as a way of dealing with your enemies it will eventually corrode your society. The fact that no society that has practiced cannabalism has managed to grow into a successful modern society with cannabalistic practices in tact is no accident. If you eat your young, your old, your weak your society is fear led. Fear is the death of progressive societies.

errm - if you read the evidence, cannabalism has been fairly common throughout human history at various times - and not just during times of hunger.  and it's very common in other animal and insect species although we may not view this as cannabilism - birds feeding dead chicks to siblings, insects eating partners after mating, male lions killing and eating cubs not of their mating etc etc.

whether it's an acceptable practice in modern society is the question - personally I'd give it a go if the flesh came from an "ethical" source but I don't see it happening somehow.

• Probably tastes like chicken, so I don't think I'd bother.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

How about by-products of living humans where no killing is involved?  Roasting potatoes in lard recovered from liposuction, maybe? Ooh, you could make it into pork scratchings.  (That's what we taste like, so I'm told.)  Waste not, want not!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Have you seen the fat they remove during liposuction? image

• fat buddha wrote (see)

whether it's an acceptable practice in modern society is the question - personally I'd give it a go if the flesh came from an "ethical" source but I don't see it happening somehow.

You could farm people in somewhere like............... Eastbourne ???

• It's not usually a good idea for the top predators to prey on each other, although given our range and wide diversity it's probably not as bad as it would be in other species. Having said that, given the amount of chemicals and drugs we consume I'm not sure I'd want to try.

• This is the reason I don't venture beyond "The Wall" much,or the London Orbital Motorway, as its officially called.Come the inevitable destruction of civil society, you freaks in the sticks are gonna find out exactly why we built it.

Queeny flicks a switch and zap the worlds longest electric fence. Purpose built to keep Mr and Mrs Rural Backwater as far away as possible.

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

does someone have an issue with their miserable life???  image

• if society breaks down. i would rather be on this side of the wall than inside the wall in london...........image

• image ... errmmm looking at large parts of London, whats all this IF society breaks down talk!

• Its not called the c**ntryside for no reason.image