Childrens Races

My 13 year old son ran the Ropley 3K yesterday and really enjoyed the race. Does anyone know a good place to find other races? He already does Parkrun, but would like the chance to run more.

Comments

• SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    My 10 year old son has done a few local 3ks, usually attached to longer races. We don't have a local Parkrun but He has joined a local athletics club and gets lots of opportunities to race at various race meetings.
  • the northampton 10 does a childrens race, they do 2 in fact, a 1k race for under 7's i think it is and a junior race for under 12's that is 2k.

• Have a look at some local running clubs - the bigger ones usually have juniors sections, training nights for different age groups, proper coaching and they will usually take groups of kids along to athletics fixtures. If your son really likes running then a good club might be just the thing for him.

• the schools in our area take part in crosscountry events during the winter months.........not very few races for under 16 year olds...you have to be 16 to take part in 10ks.and I think its 14 for 5ks...parkruns get around these by not being races......

so I'm afraid if the school does not do any races he will be restricted to park runsda and fun runs which are usually rare and short.......

maybe trael a bit to try different park runs to keep it interesting

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Try googling 'kids run free' and see if anything comes up near you. We have local races and they are fantastic. Fun, laid back, and my 2, 6 & 8 yr olds take part all the time!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Our local ones go up to age 16 by the way...