Has Runners World Forum died?

1235»

Comments

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Blimey, how old do you think I am?
  • 2:30 I'm guessin you are not 57.
  • Whatever.. 27, that's a superb time.. I'm impressed.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    What's a superb time? Where's 2:30 come from. I'm completely lost, you're talking in riddles.
  • "I've found that once you start running faster than 2hr Half marathons and 1hr 10k the atmosphere within the race changes"

Sorry TimR I read that as "2 and half" hour marathons and then saw 1:10 as your half marathon time, missed the K... oops! And what you have noticed does happen "up front" and for good reason. A shame if it ripples back through the field. My advice, enjoy running... enjoy.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Cheers. Although it could be that the last 6 months have been pretty dire weather races and the 'fun runners' may have stayed in the cake shops.
  • I'm not sure about that. When a fun runner tells all thier workmates and everyone up thier street that they will be leaving the cake shop long enough to do a 5K, I'm sure they are committed. Otherwise, why the hell did anyone run the Manchester Marathon in 2012?
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Careful now, my bigotry has already been exposed once today. I'm not about to make the same mistake twice. No one who runs a marathon can be accused of being a fun runner. It's those wimps running 5ks that are the fun runners.
  • Hi TimR, I thought about shouting at you directly, then thought better: What the hell does fun runner mean, anyway? Isn't it just another label... chav, middle class, twat, punk. We should all enjoy our lives/what we do. I like running it makes me chill out and helps me think logically... keep on running.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    They're just stereotypes. The world works by pigeonholing people. No one in their right mind believes stereotypes. The danger arises when people like the media use stereotypes to divide people and people (like NLR?) take offence at people using them, instead of working out whether people are actually bigots or whether they're making a comment on the way we're being manipulated by the media.

What's wrong with Punks? Generally they dress and behave in a way to shock and cause offence. They shouldn't be suprised when people give them a hard time. Most of the punks I know are big sorfies and it's all a big show. Skinheads however.....
  • At the risk of upsetting you again, read more carefully. Punk is the last of a set of unacceptable labels (one that I like many would wear as a badge of honour).. Labelling is all parrt of judgement, which everyone says they are against, However... make it up yourself!
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Neither can I, haven't you got someone more important to annoy?
  • DT... Wot is your problem?

Are you NLR, are you DD, are you Jane?

Wanna know the truff

I am Stadler and TimR is Waldorf.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Upset? That goes back to what I said earlier about the reader reading things into what the writer has written that aren't there. What makes you think you are upsetting me?

Maybe I'm alone in the world for stereotyping people. Boy racers, 4x4 drivers, cyclists dressed in lycra? Sorry but if you dress and behave in a certain manner why am I wrong to believe you want me to think that is how you want to be perceived.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Mr Stadler. DT we may be appearing here all week. Apply for tickets now so you're not disappointed.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Ooh is Julia Bradbury on. Another middle aged woman to stalk. Being a middle aged woman, I bet she likes cake or am I stereotyping again? Probably enjoys a glass of wine too.
  • Hey Waldorf, have we slayed the beast?
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Well I kind of liked him/her.

It's that bloody punk Chris Packam on BBC2 although he's sold out and cut his hair nowadays. Probably eating cake with Michaela Strachan now. Lucky git!
  • TimR, upset ... your comments 18:14, 19:48. But, I will let those go, as I think you are a kindred spirit on this site. packham, and her (Hitman and ...) punks?? I think you may have missed something.
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Oh. I see. You missed my irony at 19:48 and age is but a number.

Maybe it's my age. To me a punk is Sid Vicious etc and when I was a kid Chris Packham had a moheikan. Something he did as a statement, just like Nigel Kenedy the violinist.
  • Yeah agreed! But who the hell is Chris Packham? Seriously.. who?
  • "I've largely stopped posting on here" and then writes a post to tell us. Nobody cares you silly little man. I bet even your own missus wishes you'd do one!

Why is it that the type that kill a forum with their pompous, self righteous, bland and mundane lives, then have the nerve to say I don't post now. It's YOU that have created the sterile, liveless forum you moron!

Sorry to piss on your parade, but it's not all about you! Go see Tony Blair... he'll give you a dsiagnosis that will allow ypou to be a total **** and get away with it.

Meanwhile...
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether people are deliberately winding you up. I always use the benefit if doubt and try through a few exchanges to get things straight. Occasionally it's pretty obvious.

If it's obvious I either ignore them or give them one line. Life's too short.

I mean I'm far too busy spending all day discussing important things with strangers on the Internet. (More deliberate irony - just in case it gets missedimage )

In the old days people used to sit in pubs and take opposing views and chat over the general meaningless of life. Now we have the Internet. It's either this or Eastenders (or Springwatch). It's raining so, being a middle aged fair-weather fun runner who likes cake, I'm not going out for a run. image
  • Alright DT, here is one of your previous npearls of wisdom:

You're the reason I don't post anymore"...

Isn't there some fat middle class website for these people?

Fat mothers forum or something.

I quite like cup cakes. Prefer chocolate bars. Soft spot for Bountys

Keep up the mock indignstion.
  • TimR... you are correct. The internet does not really exist for runners, it was created for surfers.