Underwear!!! help please

Hi, I have been jogging now for 7 months and am building up to my first 10K race in a weeks time, and I have just started being brave in wearing a crop top to run in (so much cooler, but a leap in confidence!) and some 3/4 shorts. I have always just worn my normal pants and tried to adjust them, I have begun to think abit more about it all, and went without any undies the other say and the middle seam on the shorts seemed to ride up quite high and get more uncomfortable than wearing pants! So what do you wear under your shorts.

I wear quite tight nike 3/4 length trousers with a tshirt or crop top.

links would be good pleeeeeeease.

Thanks, Louby (papping herself about her first 10k!)

Comments

• miss slowmiss slow ✭✭✭

Hi LoubyLou, I like the Freya active sports shorts, no seams in horrible places & wicking/technical.  They do come up a bit small, so go for a tad larger than you think.  Plenty on eBay

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    I have tried Nike tempo shorts with nothing underneath a lot more comfortable *blush*
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Bras - have a look here.
    http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/
    http://www.lessbounce.com/

I wear sloggi undies usually. I usually wear thongs or boy shorts. Depends on how cold it is out. Most of my shorts are not designed to be worn commando - I wear skins youth and USA Pro which have mesh gusset so you could see everything. imageimage

• I wear shorts that have the liner build in.  No undies for me.  image

• I don't wear anything under my running shorts, for either running, stuff in the gym or at circuit class and I've not had any problems with them riding up.  What shorts do you have?  Are you sure they are the right size?  I would have thought that a problem with shorts rising up may be to do with a sizing issue rather than anything else? 

Oh, and some of my running stuff is cheap old kit from Lidl or Aldi, and some of it is fancy expensive stuff, and I don't have a problem going knickerless under any of it so I don't think it's an issue that would necessarily be solved by having expensive kit image

Hope you get it sorted though, doesn't sound fun at all!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I wear lycra cycle-type shorts for running and they gym - nothing underneath.

They don't have a central seam, they either have a diamond-shaped panel in, or have a panel which goes up the inside of one leg and down the other.

TIghts in winter, also with no underwear.

Less to chafe, less stuff to wash.

• Thanks guys, my shorts are Nike dri fit, and they do fit everywhere, and fit nicely with pants on! (the seam is central though and it seems that some are not!) I am looking into it, thanks all, so helpful as ever!

• Argghh, the mere thought of the chafing of having nothing on with shorts/tights makes me cross my legs and assume the fetal position!

Frankly, I wear my usual 3 for £10 M&S underwear, and it does me fine! image However, can understand the need for something specific...

Have you tried the Nike compression shorts? I have no idea if they're actually designed as underwear or shorts, but they do have a gusset and flat seams, so seems suitable.

A