LITTLEDOWN MARATHON

I've entered this, will be my first marathon. image

26 laps of a 1 mile course might turn out to be a little dull, but it's flat and local so I'm in.

Hoping the weather is good but not too hot.

Comments

• Hi there. This will (hopefully) be my second marathon. I have only just recovered from my first (29 April 2012 Milton Keynes). Struggling a bit now to get a 20 mile long run in before it's way too late. I will make one last attempt tomorrow.

The 26 lap format will be good for supporters. Also, after lap one there should not be any surprises image

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

26 laps  to boring for meimage      done Chester  and that is 1 lap to Wales and back

• I was going to do the Milton Keynes marathon, but a sore ankle and the weather meant I missed it.

Did a 20 mile run on Saturday. Tripped on a rock, got a few bruises and dropped my jelly babies but other than that it went well. Planning on just doing a few short, fairly easy runs between now and the 17th.

• I used to live in Bournemouth so would love to run a marathon down there! I ran Manchester on 29 th April, horrendous weather! But a 26 lap course? Come on Bournemouth you can do better than that! Do Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch and I'm in ! :0) x
  • To each their own. This is a small event and obviously MUCH easier to organise in a park than on the open road, especially in these "Health and Safety"-obsessed times.