Racing Flats - Need some new ones

I'm after some nice racing flats for up to 10k distance - My Brooks Green Silences have ripped my heels to pieces for the last time, so I'm changing them

I'm thinking Asics or Adidas.. Don't need to worry about over/under pronation, I've got good feet!

Comments

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

I'm a Mizuno Musha man myself ... on my 4th pair.

• weird how we all have different experiences, i'm now onto green silence after using brooks st racers and have found them super comfortable no heel issues whatsoever. how about the brooks t7 for a neutral  (i have no allegiance to brooks despite my name image)

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I've had heel issues with some racers myself. The design on some has the heel cup so low down that it doesn't quite hold your foot secure leading to a load of blisters. I've taken a pair of side-cutters to them before and cut away the offending rub points but in the case of a pair of Mayflies, the uppers couldn't handle the surgery so ended up in the bin.

🙂

• Brooks T7 look nice, just don't really want to invest in another pair of racing brooks and find the same issue.. I use the ST5 racers day in day out but just don't get along with the GSilences

The Mushas look nice, and the Asics Piranas - Just don't want Adidas like all my clubmates!

• YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    I've got the Brooks T7 racers, and some Asics Hyperspeed 4s, and I like them both a lot.....