Olympics Tickets

Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Was primed at 11am when the latest round of tickets went on sale.

Couldn't quite believe that all the big athletic finals were on sale,100m, 200m etc...

Probably shouldn't have got any hopes up that I'd get any, as before I knew it they'd all gone, and the site half crashed! If I had my time over, I'd have just selected the 100m and hit request asap, rather than adding extra events!

Anyone have any luck today?

And does anyone have any tickets they want rid of? Would be nice to at least see one event, being 20miles off the venue image

Comments

• Better not tell you I have tickets for the women's road cycling, men's rowing, and now 800m women's swimming final, then image
  • A report on the BBC, yesterday, said that there are still lots of unsold tickets available.... I don't know if that's at odds with what you've experienced today? It sounds like its the more expensive tickets which are selling less well, and I assume they will eventually start bringing the prices down rather than risk empty seats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18345874

• Sorry, can't get links to work on the new forum - It's the correct URL, though, if you just paste it.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Schmunkee, taht's ok, those events don't sound too thrilling!

Julie, probably the case, but this new round had loads of decent priced tickets. £50 for the 100metre final is outrageously good.

• It has been an odd process, but had it figured that only high price tickets from 150 plus would likely be available than cheaper seats...as not on hols in august I will justify it only that way...OH on the other hand will relegate me to a park bench when she sees the cost...

I got 2 athletics tickets in addition to diving, the trick seems to be is to log on before the sale goes "live" have the event and price highlighted and ready to go and once available hit the button asap...rather than go through the security code etc...

That took a few goes to get it right..it is frankly a ridiculous system..which allows you to only apply for one price group at a time....

• ...still £725 athletics seats left...not surprised!!! Opening/closing ceremony £1,000 pounds anyone....image only the rich and careless need apply...

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I certainly got it wrong Carlo...i didn't even realise what was available.

So by the time i'd read through all the athletics events, checked i could even get time off, check that i'd be able to take someone for the £50 fee...everything had gone!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never thought about the weather,but all the events i went for are indoors image

• Gosh, it resembles trying to book tickets for AC/DC three years ago, you had to be really fast! A few minutes later they were all gone. I am going to watch Olympics on the telly, not having the slightest wish to brave the crowds and fight traffic jams.

• It's the olympics. I'll never have this chance again and I can't wait! image

• DarolaDarola ✭✭✭

Fustratingly I have 2 tickets to sell (due to a personal matter that I just can't get out of), but am having to wait for LOC to get their ass in to gear and open the sale window. Its incredible that they are able to make it illegal to sell them unless via them, yet they offer no reliable vehilce to do it - a la Ticket exchange or similar. So far Spring has already been changed to a commitment to open the window in Summer - god knows why they can't just announce a date when.

There for the Friday evening session on the 3rd, and at £150 each I'd rather not be left holding them when I know they won't be used. This session covers:

Women's Heptathlon Shot Put - Groups A & B
    Women's 100m Round 1
    Women's Discus Throw Qualifying Round - Group A
    Men's Long Jump Qualifying Rounds - Groups A & B
    Men's 1500m Round 1
    Men's Shot Put Final
    Women's Discus Throw Qualifying Round - Group B
    Women's Heptathlon 200m
    Women's 10,000m Final

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Hi Darola

I might be interested in buying them if you want to sell and we could work out a way of doing this.

Pip

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Darola, i pretty much set up this thread as I half hoped someone would have some unwanted tickets available, so let me know if Pip isn't interested in the end. Although £150 is super steep I must say, with only 2 finals in the events, and no men's races.

Will there definitely be a selling window?

I won't get too excited as I've already missed the 4 or 5 other windows!

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Stevie - have you looked through the olympic ticket site?  There are tickets left for some things.  

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

i haven't Pip, but i presume it'd be obscure stuff i'd probably not watch on the tv!

• I have just seen this thread. I asume Darola's tickets have gone to Pip or StevieG . I will be working at the excel, but that is a free day!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

what makes it worse is everyone on facebook seems to be posting pics of their tickets...a girl at my work just posted men and women's 100metre finals tickets

garhhh

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Looking at finances over here and decided it's probably not a good idea (we already have tickets to some heats and a few other things) so Stevie G, I believe you are now first in the queue.

• DarolaDarola ✭✭✭
    Have submitted the tickets into the resale programme (opened on Friday). Although good knows when they will appear out of the LOC black hole, as the event its still showing as sold out!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Bloody hell, I just bought some tickets!

OK, it's the second preference option for watching the men's cycling road race on Box Hill, but I am officially an Olympics ticket holder.   Hurrah!  Now shall I invite three friends to join me, or make some money?  Double hurrah!

• BB ✭✭✭
    My athletics tickets arrived today image

And there are loads of tickets available again - I am tempted by the cycling Phil and only a tenner! Waiting to speak to OH ...
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

just to bump this...in case anyone is looking to get rid of any tickets....if you are post them up, and potentially i'll be interested...

realistically, only sports like athletics, hockey, tennis, handball, football

preferably finals, although i know that's being optimistic!

otherwise, finals at any other events i'd weigh up image

• just bought more - they keep coming up!!

mens basketball semi final at the O2

gymnastics apparatus finals

already seeing cycling (road) table tennis and weightlifting - i justified the expense that it is my only

holiday this year, but its turning into a pricey holiday!!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

just one last bump...on the bizarre off chance someone has something available they want to bin off at the last min!

• Whoop whoop, I am seeing Becky Adlington in the 800m freestyle final tomorrow

*bounce, bounce, bounce*
  • good luck for those watching i cant believe some of the price of these tickets, The sailing in Weymouth is free if anyone fancies going to watch that!!

• BB ✭✭✭
    How exciting Schmunks, have a fab time image
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭

Stevie - there are still tickets coming up for days next week but you need to be super quick on the site, I am trying to get OH something for Thursday as I have a ticket and he doesnt at the moment...