Running Partner(s) - Altrincham

Hi

I live in the SaleAltrinchamTimperley area and am looking for people to run with. I have tried joining running clubs and on the whole I find them very clicky and I dont get anything out of it socially.

I am looking for some people of similar ability to join me on weekend morning runs and maybe one evening a week too. It's always nice to have someone to run with rather than repetitively listening to the same Running PlayList!!!

At present I tend to run 8k twice a week- either along the canal or on the roads.I enter 5k and 10k races and I suppose my average time for a 10k is 42mins. I am by no way a really serious runner - I like to enjoy getting out on the roads firstly and then hopefully see some improvement in my running.

I am just looking to find like-minded people to run with and maybe enter races with too. It'd be nice to have familiar faces at some of these events!

I totally appreciate that everyone has other commitments, family lives etc so I am really easy going about what time I go running.

So, if you fancy a trot sometime please give me a buzz!

Thanks - Robbie

Comments

• Hi Giddy,

I see there is a parkrun not far from you at wythenshawe

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/wythenshawe/

Free, Not Clicky, and plently of people to run with on a saturday morning!

• Thanks for finding that for me! That's really nice of you!

• thats OK!

if you have not heard of parkrun you may find its just what you are looking for. 

Our local one has all sorts of ages and abilities turn up, from 5 year olds up to our local olympic runner!

• I had registered for ParkRun several years ago but never really attended one, moved house etc and then forgot about it!!

I have taken a look at the website you kindly sent and it looks great. I will definitely go this weekend. I see they go for post-run coffees too! image

• Just wanted to say something about this thread. After getting a response from Max's Mum about the Park Runs I decided to give it a go. I have to admit I was a little pensive about going because I wasnt sure if the standard would be too good; wouldnt be very good at all or if it would be well attended.

I took a look at the results page from the previous weeks' run and noticed everyone seemed to be alot older than me and this put me off from a social aspect BUT I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did.

First of all, it is very much a mixed bag of people there - all ages and abilities but everyone is really friendly. It is extremely well organised and instructionsdirections etc are read out every week for any first timers. You will not feel unsure or out fo place.

The course is marshalled by volunteers so you cant get lost or left behind * they do ask you to do this at least 3 times a year * but to be honest, you'll be more than happy to do it because you really appreciate the guys who volunteer and make the Park Runs happen.

I have done 4 of them now and have taken 2mins off my 5k time. (Honestly!) I did my first one in 21mins30 seconds and completed the Hollins Green 5k in 19m29! I  am definitely going to continue attending regularly and will support it in any way I can.

There is a really nice friendly atmosphere and I feel great getting up on Saturday mornings, going for a run and not wasting the day.They also email text you your results and collate your position, running history on the website - they do everything for you.....for FREE!!!!!!!!

• Thats Great! I knew you would like it image

the fact that it is free makes it even better  i think image

• shame when people can't even be bothered to make up an actual name. . . .just random letters on the keyboard. . . image