Options

Forum Spam: Apology and Fixes

Comments

• Options

I've only just caught up with this and tbh shared reservations about who might do this and what access would they have to my personal data etc. 

Picking a poster who uses the forum lots, is even handed and does not lose their cool suits me. Great choice in Meldy RW (Apologies Jeepers but I don't know you).

• Options

TBH I agree with kk about RW sharing more info with us about the exact remit of a moderator. Can they access your personal data etc?  

If so I'm Wayne, have hairy hands and drive a truck.....

Can I just say though,  kk you used to spend a fair bit of page space implying a special relationship with RW (Dan)?     Why is it different if it's someone else who has that?  

• Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

i think they are planning on giving an official post and info on monday.........

How do you know that? Oh wait a new mod told you but not the rest of us??

wrong again KK......

• Options

I do not have access to anyones personal data .... as stated previously, the role (as I see it) is that of a cleaner for want of a word.   I spot spam and I can cear it as I have done this morning
    It really is that simple, RW Towers will as far as I am led to believe post further on Monday, it would have been easy yes to have left the spam that we had this morning and over last night until Monday by which time it would have probably trebbled and that would have caused further upset.

Just in case anyone is in any doubt, I (we) are just hear to clear the spam., anyone who chooses to abuse that right would be foolish.  Yes of course I/We have the access to delete or hide and save for the odd spot of teething trouble which does and has happened with all new RW processes the only time this level of access will be used is with Spam.   The definition of spam is as we know it, the multi post spam bots and the Gucci Clothing et.c

Just hear to clean the spam image

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Meldy, out of interest, do you have the ability to reinstate a thread if it's accidentally removed?

• Options

Personally no ...

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Can you come and clean my bathroom please?image
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

I think there are some very good points being made on the FB group, I won't repost them here as they're not my words.

Now you're just touting for new members

• Options

B.  Only if you can prove its your bathroom  image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Oh, that's a closed group, can I join!? Pleeeeeeeeeeaseimage

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

ooh blimey that was quick, I'm in image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

I think there are some very good points being made on the FB group, I won't repost them here as they're not my words.

Fb group, a thread here, a thread over on clubhouse...nothing really does happen in these parts does it

• Options
    Madge. wrote (see)

TBH I agree with kk about RW sharing more info with us about the exact remit of a moderator. Can they access your personal data etc?  

If the appointment of user moderators put personal data at risk then the personal data was probably at risk before then. Because that would indicate that RW are not aware of their responsibilities. Not saying that it isnt the case but an awful lot of people would not being doing the job they are supposed to do if that was the case.

Agree that there needs to be a clear remit.

• Options

stevie g............you have changed your post...........image.I thought you might have been tempted to join the FB group for some more discussion on this matter or on all things running............I suprised everyone doesn't join to be honest...........just to check if they are talking about you.image..........Paranoia seems to be rife this weekend........image

I have just watched Paul.so am no longer paranoid as I knew I was right all alongimage

• Options

didn't realise that I had to......

• Options

yeh c'mon Seren. Tell us. You're sleeping with the editor of Rodale/Magicala/er them all aren't you?

• Options

x post

But we know <taps nose>   image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

and KK, you never did answer the question Madge asked you on the previous page image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

but of course, just like Seren, you don't have to

• Options
    This place is getting more paranoid by the day!