Forum Spam: Apology and Fixes

Comments

• Perhaps she was sleeping with him as well debbo

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Seren, i posted, then realised it sounded a bit harsh so amended it.

I am amazed anyone really cares about this user mod thing tho...i'd stretch it a lot further and let them combine duplicate threads and wipe pointless ones...that way the whole site would flow a lot better.

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    This place is getting more paranoid by the day!

I agree

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭

I actually think user mods are a fine idea, and surely if the mods are found to abuse the system then they will no longer be mods

RW forum is just that, a forum - I can't think that there is ever anything posted on here that couldn't be deleted without the world coming to an end

I'd personally be happy for user mods to be able to delete inappropriate posts - I've had posts deleted before now and I didn't die, or even much care 

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭

Madge!  I'm reporting you to Meldy image

• Exactly Debbo. With the uproar this has caused you'd think the earth's core had cracked and we were all about to be plunged to our firey doom. It isn't that big a deal, in my opinion. If they can get rid of dodgy spam, then that's cool
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I've had the odd post deleted and a ticking off come my way, all fair dos, stuff like putting up charity places that friends not on the site were trying to shift...in hindsight shouldn't have done!

But then i've also had a few bizarre posts against me deleted, some well known stuff from well known ex posters, but also some bizarre chap telling me how my whole training thread is a due to me having a messiah complex, and how not hitting 1hr 15 for a half as a bloke is shameful image

• The world can't end until after The Outlaw. I just won't have it!
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Seren, i posted, then realised it sounded a bit harsh so amended it.

I am amazed anyone really cares about this user mod thing tho...i'd stretch it a lot further and let them combine duplicate threads and wipe pointless ones...that way the whole site would flow a lot better.

Stevie, with the greatest respect... well ok, with little respect. You're being a bit of a knob about this.

You're making a massive deal of this because there's a bunch of posters on here that you perceive as being anti you, and you think they'll use it as a way of affecting your posts.

Maybe if you weren't so regularly abusive to other posters you wouldn't have such an anti fan club. Just saying like.

• Lol! I'm with debbo, purple and Lee.

It's a forum. Hell won't freeze over if a few posts get deleted. At least I hope not cos I'd like it to be hot when I get there.

The other week there were plenty of people up in arms about the spam. If RW can find a way of conning a few gullible people into working for free to clean it up (sorry, Meldy and Jeepers!) then good luck to them.
  • Messiah complex??!!

Blimey!
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I use another forum that has the ability to combine duplicate threads...that kind of thing would certainly neaten this forum up a bit...

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Blimey, I only really visit one thread, must get about more seemsimage I'm missing loads of stuff!!

• Well, I think it's lovely.

Everyone hanging out together and chatting!

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭

The problem is that the user mods wouldn't have been able to cope with that Spam attack. 8000 new threads created in a day. Meldy's fingers would have been shuffling aorund the keyboard like lightening to keep up with that

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭

Hope image

I don't really care who does the spam removal but I think it's reasonable that to expect people who use a forum to do it if they're bothered by it - I find it mildly irritating, but I'm not actually that bothered, as normally I don't post in many places

KK - I'm sure it was you earlier who said if polis and ambulancemen can work weekends so can RW staff, but to be honest, it's a forum - it's just for a bit of fun - so why should RW pay for 24 hour cover to keep it spam free?  It's hardly life threatening.  

• Scchhmmmmmmokin    image

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭

and KK that last bit wasn't aimed just at you, it's just I think you said the thing about emergency services, but of course I might be wrong

• I think you've got your language muddled there kk. I can't see how your position can be cynical.

During working hours, RW presumably do the clean up themselves, but now have extra help to do the same job.

So, for the moment they've found a free solution. When you're in the business of making money, free and cheap is usually a good way to go.
  • Sorry, did we all sign up to some T&Cs that said we were to be consulted about everything that goes on on here? I don't remember it.

It is RWs site, they make money from it, and it's provided as a service.
  • consensus......Group decision making process that seeks the consent, not necessarily the agreement of participants and the resolution of objections.

can't imagine that they could ever get the consensus of the whole group on this........there are so many people on these forums .with so many different reasons for being on here..........you could say that out of the thousands that use these forums.maybe a dozen have made an objection to this...............so they could say that is a big enough majority to go forward with their plans

and not sure why they need evryones consent.we are not share holders.......we all use it for our own needs.......

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭

pardon Seren?  image