2xu or red vemom?

Really need some adice. Do you get what you pay for with compression tights? Was about to by 2xu ladies tights, then my friend told me to buy red venom which are way cheaper,but ihave never heard of them. Anyone have any experience?

Comments

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Ah - a bit suck it and see.

With compression clothing I really think it needs to be gender specific and they only appear to do mens clothing and it's all too big for me - mens sizing.

If you are a lady which your post suggests, I would stick to ladies clothing. 2XU is expensive, there is cheaper out there that's for sure. If you don't want to pay 2XU prices then don't but don't buy mens compression clothing as it won't do what it says on the tin.

• I think its doozer who swears by Red Venom. Got to be worth a go anyway. 

• I have the Red Venom compression tights and gradulated compression calf guards and the same in 2XU.

With the tights, I find the Red Venons ones a bit too long in the leg (I'm only 5ft 1"!) and they crease up behind the knees. The 2XU ones are more catered for women and they are definately a better fit. I use my Red Venon tights for recovery and my 2XU for running.

With the calf guard I don't really have much advice, I use them both. If anything, I think the Red Venon's are tigher than the 2XU. But I only use them for recovery.

Overall, 2XU products are a better quality but I think that is what you are paying for. However, I have broken a pair of 2XU tight after approx 9 months, but I sent them back and got a full refund.

Hope this helps.

• I had Red Venom tights and graduated calf guards. They do the job. The gaurds are better than the 2XU ones I have.

• I certainly recommend the 2XU thermal compression pants for winter training.  Don't know owt about Red Venom though.