Winging It

2»

Comments

• SlowEngineer wrote (see)

My cycling was limited to a few 20-40 mile rides before London, then outside of ONE 350 mile week in France at an average of c. 15mph, I completed just 5 rides of between 45 and 60 miles afterwards.  There were a few turbo sessions in there as well, mainly because my bike handling skills were poor at best until I lived on the bike in France.

image you mean your bike handling skills have IMPROVED??!  Worrying image
  • pain is temporary wrote (see)
    SlowEngineer wrote (see)

My cycling was limited to a few 20-40 mile rides before London, then outside of ONE 350 mile week in France at an average of c. 15mph, I completed just 5 rides of between 45 and 60 miles afterwards.  There were a few turbo sessions in there as well, mainly because my bike handling skills were poor at best until I lived on the bike in France.

You could be the worst cyclist in history and I wouldn't know because I don't have a rearview mirrorimage

• seren - lakeland 100 - now your talking  image 

• DK............its on my long term plan.but got to work up to it..........

• My drinking ability on the other hand... well you never lose real talent they say!!! I will be the one at the end of the race turning down recovery drinks in favour of my hip flask and a beer!

• Going back to you initial question, M.eface, the trot at Outlaw is a relative doddle. The laps of the pond are fairly mind-numbing (especially if the sun shines) but the loop out along the river is pleasant. It's all pancake flat and the surface is decent, if gravelly.... so not great if you're reduced to a stoic crawl image. Feed stations every 20 minutes or so and loads & loads of great support - especially if you wear your colours. I can't run for toffee, but I enjoyed it lots.

• SlowEngineer wrote (see)
    pain is temporary wrote (see)
    SlowEngineer wrote (see)

You could be the worst cyclist in history and I wouldn't know because I don't have a rearview mirrorimage

I had to stay that far back as you were wobbling all over the place!! image

• But yes...back to the original question the run is lovely and flat mainly along canal paths so not on concrete too.  And excellent for spectator support too image

• except for the grass bit and on lap 3 I struggled to lift my legs high enough!!

• So to recap.

I am winging it - which seems to put me in the majority! But there could be some sandbaggers in our midst. In which case I will see the sandbaggers at the finsih at 6pm or the others at the finish at 9pm. I will see everyone at the bar at 11pm except for KK who will have gone to bed drunk by 3pm

I've signed Seren up for a 100 in 2014, and a couple of others are now thinking 'Could I do Cornwall 100 in 2013'.

Went on the bike today and feet OK.

Telling myself I am less worried. Must read race pack and think about kit.

M.eface