Golden bikes

Comments

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Confessions of a Mouse....

At Copenhagen last year, I clearly over hydrated once I got off the bike to compensate for hardly drinking whilst on it.  On the run, I went for a big wee (in the portaloo) twice a lap, every lap... apart from the second wee on the last lap where I was just so fed up and wanted to finish I held it for a bit longer and did a wee in the shower lorry at the end.

I'm sorry I'm a bad mouse.

(Everyone else had finished by then anyway.)

• That's not really a confession. Peeing in the shower is acceptable.

I think in Nice, Mon had just been through T1 as I came through and she admitted after that she had a pee on one of the chairs. I still wonder if the wet chairs sat on was the one Mon had vacated just moments earlier...
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    No to bike, yes to run. At IMCH the toilets were so gross it was a choice between weeing on the run or vomiting in the loo.
  • Lol!

Weeing in portaloos on the run is a horrible experience imho. Having to stop running and then assume a hover position without your legs going into a spasm of cramp... getting back to a standing position is no mean feat either and then having to get those legs going again! Just evil.

Men have it easy!

• mouse I already smell of pee because of the 7 or so pees in the swim........the wetsuit kinda keeps the smell ina bit............

i

• Sexy sport tri innit?!

• Hope wrote (see)

Sexy sport tri innit?!

lol

• Swim - yes
    • Bike - yes
    • Run - yes

Although on run it was behind a tree. On 30 and 50 ultras I have pee'd whilst walking to keep average pace up. Steady flow required and a wider spread on walk. But then I am boy not a girl.

• seren nos wrote (see)
    Hope wrote (see)

Sexy sport tri innit?!

lol

pomlob (Pissed on myself laughing on bike)

• Haha. Little bit speechless...is this part of initiation?

I might have to try it (is this the point where you all tell me you are joking?!)
  • Can I just recommend that this is one thing that should not be preactised whilst turboing in the living roomimage

• Nope - it is less obvious if it is raining - which it always is.
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

a tip if peeing while running - make sure you don't have muddly legs as the pee will leave large telltale track down the legs (Toughguy)

a tip if peeing in a wetsuit - make sure you don't have nicks in the suit legs as the pee will leak out and will be seen by others as you are stood around waiting for the race start (Vitruvian)

who me??  image

this was at the race briefing KK - on dry land.....I'll happily pee in my wetsuit anytimeimage

• At least nobody's talking about shite yet.

(runs and hides cos he really doesn't want to read that.....)

• Is that your chosen brand Dave?

• Peeing on the bike - No at IMCH.
    Yes at IMR as it was raining but I'd never done it before and I was so self conscious trying to ensure there was no one in close proximity and I had to stop pedalling so much to make my bladder realise that "Yes, it's OK, you can let go" that I think I could well have been faster if I'd just popped off the bike for a minute. Also, I couldn't wave my tri suit at the other pirates coming in when I was supporting as all I could smell was pee and my bike smelt as well so I'm not planning on doing it in IM Austria.

kittenkat wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

this was at the race briefing KK - on dry land.....I'll happily pee in my wetsuit anytimeimage

ha ha ha... you didn't! (that was a rhetorical question)

I did - as it was witnessed by a few forumites.....  image

I also broke the peeing whilst swimming hangup at Outlaw - a jolly nice pee at just after half way on the swim.  I always remember Dr Nic saying it was a tough one to do when she was training for her Channel swim and she wasn't wrong.  if you're swimming well, you'll have a tight core and to pee, you need to relax the core.  it's not as easy as people think.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

Can I just recommend that this is one thing that should not be preactised whilst turboing in the living roomimage

*adds another item to the list of reasons not to take up triathlon*

I couldn't manage peeing in a wetsuit when diving, so doubt very much if I could do it whilst running or cycling!

• fat buddha wrote (see)
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

ha ha ha... you didn't! (that was a rhetorical question)

I did - as it was witnessed by a few forumites.....  image

I also broke the peeing whilst swimming hangup at Outlaw - a jolly nice pee at just after half way on the swim.  I always remember Dr Nic saying it was a tough one to do when she was training for her Channel swim and she wasn't wrong.  if you're swimming well, you'll have a tight core and to pee, you need to relax the core.  it's not as easy as people think.

i can pee in my wetsuit when im bobbing about in the sea but certainly can't while in the action of swimming

• because I usually swim first thing in the morning... I think it would look like one of the red arrows' displays if I was to try peeing whilst actually swimming.... albeit with a golden trail rather than a red one

(and in water, and not quite as fast/streamline/spectacular)

• image Just in case for the newbie's best to keep your mouth shut if you are overtaking someone on a hill or you might get some extra nutrition you didn't want. imageimage

• I can pee easily whilst swimming in my wetsuit. Interesting about it being impossible if you're swimming properly - clearly thats where I'm going wrong !

And peeing in the showers should definitely be a no-no if its a communal one !! Its not a nice sight !

• I can pee in all three disciplines, although on the bike requires a little more thought for some reason.

When doing it on the bike it's best to rinse with some fresh water to avoid the burn later.