• Schmunkee : i'll have a an XL Gilet please image

• Latest update on numbers

Cycle Tops - 22
    Mens Monaco - 13
    Cycle Jacket - 2
    MensTri shorts - 14
    Gilet - 20
    Girls Tank - 7 

• Fairy can you add me for a mensTri shorts please.

• I have been thinking of ways to ensure we don't 'lose' people from the lists from the point they have put their name on the list to the point minimum order levels are reached.  Also I want to speed up the process from the point we reach minimum order levels until we submit and pay the order to LG as changes in exchange rate cause serious problems when trying to price the kit

One solution I have thought of and am going to put into practice is getting contact details ie real name, postal address, email address, and mobile phone number from people at the time they ask to go on the list.

This will hopefully mean we have a couple of ways of getting in touch with people to make sure they are still interested in kit especially if it's a long time since their name went on the list.

So, please be advised that after Outlaw I will be contacting everyone on the kit so far for the necessary details.  

• Cake wrote (see)

Fairy can you add me for a mensTri shorts please.

Done

• For those who have put their name down for a gilet I have written to LG today for a quote as it's been a while since they were last ordered and as such the exchange rate has gone up and down, and postage has gone up.

• Schmunkee can you put me down for men's tri shorts and monaco please image

• BrokeButTri'ng wrote (see)

Schmunkee can you put me down for men's tri shorts and monaco please image

Done

• Latest update on numbers

Cycle Tops - 22
    Mens Monaco - 14
    Cycle Jacket - 2
    MensTri shorts - 16
    Gilet - 20
    Girls Tank - 7 

• I'm wondering about female kit? Does this company do female monacos, or are the ladies just wearing the tank tops? And I'm wondering whether there will be enough females to reach a minimum order level? I prefer the monacos (less revealing, I think?) but no one seems to want these other than guys?

I'm just throwing this in, but there was a post on another thread about a previous supplier having spare kit still in stock. They only have a T shirt in my size, but also said this in the email -

When we first produced some kit for Pirates, we managed to make several

mistakes, but I can assure you that we would not let you down, should you

order with us again!

Kind regards,

Charlie

www.carvalhocustom.com

I don't know the history behind the change of supplier but wondered whether they're worth a second chance since their minimum order is only 5?

Not wanting to upset the apple cart but it was just a thought ...?
  • Anyone is free to start a kit thread to garner interest in an alternative kit supplier, but we tried Carvalho before and, as they themselves, admitted they made mistakes.  Mistakes that meant people didn't get the kit they wanted to the extent that Carvalho have been left with kit for 2 years that they cannot get rid of

Do you want to deal with someone like that just because they have a minimum order level of 5? 

Do you know the quality of kit?  Is it comparable to LG?  Do you know their prices?  Is it comparable to LG? Do you know the fit of the kit?  Is it comfortable?  How many people have Carvalho kit that can help with sizing issues?

We know the level of service and quality of kit we can expect from LG and I think you will find people will be very very reluctant to go with another supplier.

Barley covered this more eloquently in September last year than I have here but I cannot find his post to quote it.

There is the adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', but as I said, there is nothing to stop you starting a thread seeing who wants kit from Carvalho image

• I have found Barley's posts from September

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Regarding kit suppliers, we've had the debate many times in the past and there are many suppliers to choose from, I dont know why this is being raised again, especially at this moment given all the work and hastle that has been put in putting together this latest kit order.

The prices quotds on the previous page are comparable to the LG kit with the exception of the jacket,  id wonder if we're comparing like with like?  I also dont know why the LG price is shocking?  Look on any kit website and decent bike jackets can range from £70 - £200.

We've been getting kit from LG for 5 years, never had one complaint and everything always works like clockwork, the one time we briefly switched suppliers a couple of years ago (against my advice) it was a disaster, with poor quality, irregular sizes etc etc.

LG is our kit supplier of choise.  As has been said many time, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
    Maybe I should add, that ALs post was obviously well intentioned but it makes no sense to reopen the debate re kit suppliers we've had many times before, the consensus of which is to stay with LG.

I have made bold the salient points from the last time a change of supplier was raised

• If I supplier let's u down once there's a good chance it will happen again.... Just my view from a professional standpoint - they will of course be suffering the issue of wishing it never went wrong but alas it did.

Personally I was happy to ( being oblivious to the politics) buy some left over stuff from them that I could race in during this season - as for quality vs LG - I really Can't comment but I will be happy to provide an informed view when I am able to

Next season won't be an issue as there will have been an LG order by then

Speed vs quality is always a hard choice in a difficult market, but quality does mean

A) youll only buy once

B) more likely to be right first time

Of course then there's me buying both image
  • I've got a Carvalo monico and its not a patch on the LG stuff. I'm really impressed with the quality of LG kit. 

• Should point out I'm a clothing whore and a shopaholic, I am a tri suppliers wet dream - its very lucky I have an OH to keep me from self destructing and therefore really when it comes to shopping I should never give advice

P.S. bought more shoes today - non tri related
  • Oh, I apologise - I hadn't spotted the earlier discussion. I guess for some newbies like me it's easy to get all excited about taking part, and looking the part, but like you say, this isn't a cheap sport and good kit is not just worth paying good money for, I guess it's also worth waiting for as well.

I'm in a running club and I love wearing my club kit at races, and being part of a group that folk recognise. I'm quite nervous about my first tri next month - last night I dreamt I was so slow that by the time I was on the run nearly everyone had gone home and there no marshals to even show me where to run, so I DNF. It'll be weird being 'unattached' on the day - like no one will cheer for me.

I don't mean to sound pathetic - well it is a bit. I'm now telling myself to man up and be patient ... !
  • Ok ... silly question #1343 (I'm full of them): what's a monaco?  Is it similar to a gillet?

• look at Gastanks pic, he's wearing one ^

• I have heard back from LG and the gilets are $65 Canadian, but this is excluding their VAT, P&P from Canada to Kit Towers, and onward P&P to you.

Based on today's exchange rate this works out £40.59 EXCLUDING the VAT and postage

I will message those on thhe gilet list over the next week or so to see if they are still interested now we know the net price.

• Hi Schmunkee - is there a size guide list - tried the link on Pirate Web Site but says unavailable....thank you

• Schmunks - can you put me on the list for a new trisuit and a gilet please.

My trisuits a bit knacked after 7 years i think.  

Ta.

• Naan - try this one

RafikiD wrote (see)

http://www.louisgarneau-custom.com/media/pdf/sizingchart/sizingchart_en.pdf

sorry - quoting something seems to be impossible these days.....

• Schmunks - could you stick me down for a Monaco please? image

• schmunks could you put me down for a monaco XL and a mens tri shorts .thank you.

• Kit numbers are picking up nicely! image

After thinking about this at the weekend, I am going to close the order book after IMWales ie end of September.  This means that the order will likely be placed with LG towards the end of the year, with delivery around Feb/March. 

It will be the last order before Lanza