Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning Am i first?

Lyrics Are you ready for this, are you hanging on the edge of your seat

What: 10km Horndon on the hill
Why: Because i promised a few friends i'd go
Last Hard: Long time ago
Lyrics Yes image

Comments

• Have a good race Pammie - and you Paddy!

Anyone else racing today?

Can't help I'm afraid 7d - don't know the area. Bet you're glad you ventured to Bolton now.

Blisters - good work in the graveyard.

I was going to head out on the mtb for an hour before the County show but it's pouring with rain now so I guess it's either a turbo or tomorrow's swim set.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning,

Good luck Pammie and Paddy! Hope the song title won't apply to you!image

Not raining here at the moment. Out for a run later, possibly swim too.

Have managed to fire off a comment/complaint to BBC about the lack of triathlon coverage on BBC red button on freeview. We only get enhanced coverage of the F1 instead...whch is at odds with what they claim they would "usually" do. They clearly think that there is an audience because they have featured Ali Brownlee's injury comeback quite heavily on their website and shown other ITU races as well. image

• Morning

Rest Day for me as usual today

Wet and windy when walking Geordie though earlier.

Catch up time.

All the best to those racing.

Lyrics: Think so,

• Alex: Dwain Chambers looked good in 100m. Jess Ennis is going well with her wins in High Jump and 100mH.

Christine Ohuruogu looked very comfortable in 400m and looks as if she could be running into form at just the right time.

Mens 800m later today could be good.

• Alex: David Rushida ran 1:42.12 to win the Kenyan Trials !

• Morning

What 15.7
    Why LSR
    Lyrics yes

Rather stinky so off for a shower.

• Morning. Yesterday's lyrics were 'Monkey Gone To Heaven' by Pixies. 

Alex - I was up early this morning pre-run and noticed that some of the British Sprint Triathlon series was on C4, including Alistair Brownlee's winning return at Blenheim - did you see it?

Final big run before HM next Sunday. Opted for the distance at near race pace and am feeling really happy with things - only expected aches and something left at the end.

Today's lyrics: I was practically raised on this band, so yes.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

pammie love the lyrics! hope horndon on the hill went well 

I managed my run inbetween showers, cant believe that! As soon as i Got back home it started again

what: 6 miles in 1 hour,

why: its just exactly what I wanted to do

last hard: well this morning was ok but not easy!

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A'noon

No never got yesterdays lyrics

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

What 12.25m LSR
    Why - Long Run miles
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last rest - Thurs

Lyrics, feel I should know them....

Take care

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

RFJ - You'll kick yourself

Race was ok, got there far too early. A few months back the plan was to try to beat my course pb 54:11. Its a tough course with a long steep downhill in the 1st mile then you turn round and climb back up it in the 2nd mile with other undulations along the way. Plus the farm track in the 6th mile. Usually hot and muggy but a lot cooler today warm in places yes but nowhere as bad. I used to be able to report in detail every nook and cranny of the race  but now i just cannot remember much of it. A friend said it was warm here and we had a tail wind there. But i couldn't say. All i know is i passed some runners and was overtaken by a few. Considering i've done no quality work i'm happy with today I've only trained on hills but not done actual hillwork.

8:35down hill
    9:14 up hill
    8:44
    8:55
    8:52
    8:46 farmtrack
    2:05 (9:48 pace) didn't feel i was slowing

avg pace 8:52

Think the last part tells it all it didn't feel i was slowing and thought i was doing well keeping pace with my opposition but when they kicked ahead i couldn't respond normally i do have a little kick. Time to introduce  some strides and other stuff

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

7D, RFJ, Postie, well done on the long runs.  Not a wonderful day for them, unless you are running in the right direction and don't mind wet.

Pammie - hope the race went well.

Wabo - nice when the run goes like that.

Mine did too.  Also about 6 miles, to the sailing club.  Now that the LAMM is over it is time to think about sailing again.  Still working on the boat, or at least its rigging, should be ready next week if next week looks friendly. Really really pleased with the run, as for the last fortnight things really had not been great.  Far too tired.  Legs didn't want to know, demoralised from having DNF'd on the LAMM.  Therefore, a run which begins to feel good at mile 3 and still feels good at mile 6 is something very welcome indeed.  

I did not dodge the showers.  Phil (yes, still with us, and looking well, those who remember Run for Phil) declined the customary hug on arrival.  Maybe the subtley dripping clothes had something to do with it.

• Afternoon all.

Well, as i said yesterday this wasnt a course for a time. I ran for position and i feel that i got on well enough. Ran the first 7 or 8 miles with a fella I know who i beat for the first time this year in a 10k. Usually he would beat me easy enough and indeed he pulled away eventually. One other passed me later on. I finished in 7th over all and won the old mens section and pocketed €50.00 for meself. It doubled as the county Half marathon champs too and I won bronze being 3rd from the county.

My finishing time was 1:20:05. I was slightly disappointed with this but the course was tough and indeed i beat the people who i wanted/ should have so i suppose everyone was down a bit on time. Overall i am happy with the days work!!.

Pammie - you sound a bit like me - happy enough but can do better!!

Real positive was no sign of the injury. Considering that last year i bit the dustimage after mile 1 and was out for six months. I should be over the moon!!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Been away for a couple of day with no internet. Need to read back.  Not a lot to report apart from a fair bit of walking, and a fair bit of waking in the night with calf pain!

Lyrics: no doubt will kick myself!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad you're back running Stickless. It seems to be taking me a good couple of miles to get going these days, no idea why that is but it just is.

Paddy - that seems very positive - especially the not injured bit!

Put me out of my misery Pammie - what was your time? image

Sorry to hear that things are still not good Alehouse.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

LMH Sorry thought i put it in 55:15

Paddy not being injured  is always good And a prize is always welcomed Well done

Stickless good to see you and running

Alehouse sorry to hear you're still not right

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Paddy and Pammie, good racing all round, well done

Hope the calf clears up Alehouse

• Well dones to Paddy and Pammie. Dust bitten, no doubt?

Swim session tonight, trying to do the set that the coach had posted up on the board. Or at least some kind of version that seems similar to it.  The form and shape are coming together, but I'm still over-hydrating when I try to inject some effort.

Sleep time.