Options

Trail Marathon Wales 2012

124»

Comments

• Options

MWIS forecast:

<h5>How Wet?</h5>

Showers

Confidence low: Threat rain and drizzle on and off, mainly western hills. However, there may be an improvement, with only a few showers by afternoon.

• Options
    MelbowMelbow ✭✭✭

Thanks FR, shall I leave sun block at home then? have packed all my running kit i own nearly"just in case". 

Jakesy, there are 4  of us doing the marathon from Sheffield. No one has done a trail one before. This is my first ever, so all looking forward to the weekend too. We have also booked into that pub for  a meal, so hope to be wearing the race Tshirt. Hope the chairs have arm rests to push up with after!!!! Does it get any less scary for the next marathon?

Chrissi, heel improved thanks so no excuses now! hope you are raring to go

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

weather better here today than forecast promised image so there's hope for us all yet

Jakesy - remember seeing your group at Cader your vests stood out well.

Melbow - yes really looking forward to it - much happier now cut off time has been extended

Going to collect my number tomorrow evening - will post on here if i get chance if not GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

• Options

Yes, Good Luck to everyone. Whatever the weather it is going to be a great day image

• Options

Latest MWIS

<h5>How Wet?</h5> <h5>Showers </h5>

A few showers, mainly inland in afternoon.

• Options
    !Really wanted to do this one but, after a lot of illness early in the year, decided against entering.

But had a taste of the mountains, mud, rain and wind last Saturday at the Bwstfil y Bryn so am very envious....anyone want to pass their place on???

I'll be joining you next year, hopefully!

POB LWC, PAWB!!
  • Options

Diolch ffRAN XX

• Options
    All exited now driving from Rhyl in morning doing the half now. see ya soonimageimage
  • Options

That was brutally tough, easily the hardest marathon of my 40 completed.

Worked hard to prevent a Personal Worst by just over one minute!

• Options

It was as expected tough . I loved every minute of the race managed to clock 4.33 at the marathon and all things considered I was pretty pleased with that effort .

Now I know what to expect it should make the training a bit easier going into next years event .

Have been following the WS100 through this weekend and amazed to see the winner come in in under 15 hours knowing now how tough the trails can be .

• Options

4:50 for me.   Treated as a training run for an upcoming ultra but I loved every minute of it.  Tough, undulating and muddy.

• Options
    MelbowMelbow ✭✭✭

Hi, took it very steady so did a slow 5.41. For  a first marathon I hope it means a guaranteed PB next race. Enjoyed the course. weather was kind to us.Appreciated the massage after too. wish I had been more thorough with the midge repellent. Thought the whole organisation was superb,wearing my TShirt with pride.

Hope you all had a good runimage