Chocolate Milk

Comments

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

That's not to say you can't have a Nesquik milkshake RWD - just ditch a few calories elsewhere to compensate image

I seem to have become the forum's resident promoter of chocolate milk...

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

I seem to have become the forum's resident promoter of chocolate milk...

I don't mind sharing the blame.

It's been a while since I had one of these, actually...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41m9PtRQsRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I should probably point out that I don't like chocolate milk. I much prefer strawberry flavour image

• I tried chocolate yesterday and strawberry today (both post run)! I think strawberry is the winner, chocolate isn't terrible but strawberry is just that bit sweeter and therefore more refreshing!

I was sceptical as to whether this thread would get any response at all and yet its turning into a chocolate milk appreciation society!
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Chocolate AND strawberry milk appreciation society image

• Oh yes, how could I have missed that one?!
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Banana milkshake has it's place also.

• Hmmm, not too sure about that one!
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Nor me (I prefer strawberry) but equality to all fruits. 

Except papaya image

• i like a pint glass of ice cold semi skimmed milk with a few too many tablespoons full of asda strawberry milkshake powder in and 50g rego recovery powder in it. greedy fat pig.

• Been a 'milkshake man' post race for about 6/7 years now. Ideally you want to race three hot 10k's and try water, sports drink and Milkshake after each of the races (as in water after one, sports drink after the second one, etc..)

See how much quicker you feel better after drinking the milkshake - one of those revelation moments when it happened to me image

• sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Do you peel the banana before or after starting the stretch? image

There was a guy in the gym yesterday - he was spinning round and round for about a minute with his eyes shut, then he stopped and dropped straight into a squat. Very strange. 

there is a guy in my gym who makes a load of really loud s3x noises, european tennis player grunting, clearing his throat noises for his 45 mins on the treadmill. most odd.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Guess what Saffy? I like mango image

I saw a guy in the gym a few weeks ago - he spent about 20 minutes stretching (proper Jane Fonda style stretching) before getting on the treadmill. And walking. 

• my faves at the moment are

*the lady who wears flip flops on the treadmill
    *the spin instructor who wears "pumps" to the spin classes
    *the elderly lady who wore 3/4 length combats to the half marathon race on sunday
    *the elderly man who wears a white work shirt and adidas shorts to the gym
    *the very early 20's girls who do NO work in the spin/circuits classes and drink lucozade throughout
    *the lady who does 60 mins of zero effort on the stepper and reads hello magazine.
    *i am easily distracted in the gym.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I've been right slack recently, haven't been to the gym for a bit.  What I'm really missing is the women (there's definitely more than one) who set the treadmill on the steepest incline possible then hold on to the bar at the front whilst "walking" uphill.

Is there some special uphill race I don't know about where you can get a tow?  I imagine Geoff Capes at the other end of a rope at the top of the hill...

• Oil - somebody somewhere is posting that their favourite is the woman who spends all her time watching everyone else with a frown on her face!! Haha!

How do s3x noises and European tennis player noises differ?! Just out of interest!

I like mango too..... Do they make mango milkshake powder?!
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Those two posts deserve likes image

Have you ever seen/tried wave machines? These things... 

http://www.askthetrainer.com/image-files/technogym-cardio-wave.jpg

I have no idea how they're supposed to calculate energy usage, but 20 minutes jiggling - and by jiggling I mean barely moving - and it will tell you that you've burnt 600kcal. Almost exclusively used by women at the gym I go to, none of whom break a sweat whilst they stand and shimmy a bit. 

My current favourite gym-user is the Asian Heston Blumenthal look-a-like who comes in wearing a sauna suit, which you'd be forgiven for mistaking for a tin-foil tracksuit. 

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I've never seen mango milkshake powder. They seem to get as far as banana, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate and then stop. 

I'd like blueberry flavour image

• Last time I was at the gym I was quite amused by the meat head who put his dead weights down to go on the bike next to a very attractive young girl...... Only to have to get off after 10minutes at a similar pace to her! She stayed on for another 50minutes after that!
  • Exotic flavoured milkshake powder specifically designed for runners (although actually no different to nesquick)...... There's a gap in the market, who's got plenty dosh to invest?!

I've seen the wiggle machines, always women on them jiggling away. I recently joined a new gym and at the induction my wife asked the instructor what they actually do, to which he replied 'i have absolutely no idea'!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

http://www.askthetrainer.com/image-files/technogym-cardio-wave.jpg

You haven't got a .gif version have you?  I think I'd like to see her "jiggle".

• What I think you meant to say is that you would like to partake in a 'jiggle' with her?!
  • forty_44 wrote (see)
    Oil - somebody somewhere is posting that their favourite is the woman who spends all her time watching everyone else with a frown on her face!! Haha!

How do s3x noises and European tennis player noises differ?! Just out of interest!

I like mango too..... Do they make mango milkshake powder?!

that is exactly what they are writing about!!! that bloody girl who thinks she is the BOMB who actually looks like reet div in her compression socks.

you are right s3x noises and european tennis noises are pretty much the same!!!

• philpub - those blimming uphill walking girls!!!!

what is a sauna suit? i can imagine a NASA spacesuit walking into the gym!!!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

The sauna suit in all its glory

http://www.selftrading.co.uk/images/argos/313-0106265A68UC437304M.jpg

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    forty_44 wrote (see)
    What I think you meant to say is that you would like to partake in a 'jiggle' with her?!

Not on that thing, I'd do myself a mischief!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

It's not quite the same, but if you can bear to watch the video - the woman in it seems to be fondling and caressing the machine. 

• sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

The sauna suit in all its glory

http://www.selftrading.co.uk/images/argos/313-0106265A68UC437304M.jpg

PMSL!!!!!!!!!! what the bl**dy hell is that!!!

i bet they use those in the states to cook their giant turkeys for their giant thanksgiving celebrations image

• Jeeze, I go away for half an hour and come back to a video of a woman caressing a machine and a man wearing tin foil...... 'Rule 34' springs to mind when watching the video!

Reckon your compression socks would look fetching over that thing oil!