Calling the spam patrol, calling the spam patrol

MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Quick question. It's always a laugh to find and post an appropriate image with a can of meat after a spam post, but does this create extra work for you?

Oh and btw, this is a much better place now.

(Psssst, the Gear forum, they're on the Gear forum)

Comments

• Spam Wombles Muttley !

• http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/CreamOfSpam.jpg

Is the cream of spam the best spammers ? or liquid spam for those with no teeth ?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

It certainly seems a lot calmer... although the number of charities coming on and advertising is starting to annoy me.

• emmy.....you have to report them the same way as you did before............we don't do charity places or anyone else who is just ignoring the T&C's.........the RW should still do them.........we are just trying to reduce the spam spam............Muttley..............

if they have set up their own thread then if noone has posted and we deal with it the whole thread disappears...............if someone else has potsed then the thread still exists without the spammers post until the RW can deal with it...............if they spam on a current thread then their post is just removed so the spam piccies make no difference..........this is from what i understand it image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Ironically, some of the responses to spam threads are more likely to make me purchase something than the original spam...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrJkZ6dWx5AxAU8eqsw2amYBvVXRGzLL7kemwC1kwCeEW7WtcGlZdCBdao1A

Not that I've actually bought one but it would go well with my Heinz Beanz top.

...oh yeah, keep up the good work, Spam Nazis.  Er, I mean Wombles!  imageimage

• So... do we know who's winning spam killing wise? There's bound to be a leader board somewhere! image

• someone snook in a got one just as i was going in for the kill the other day Hope............I bet it was the spam witch trying to get a higher total than meimage

• Ha!!!   I KNEW it!!

You lot are so competitive! image imageimage

• Is there a league table for the Spam patrols   If so how long does it last and do they get relegated if they fail to eject enough threads ?

PS I love Spam Fritters

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Thanks Seren. If I understand that correctly, the best thing to do with a spam thread is to just report it.

I do like finding funny spam pictures though.

• KK.........we don't see any reported threads...........if you report them they go straight through to the RW team.............what we do is when we are on the forums if we see any of the obvious spammers........we do some basic checks and then remove them through a special action............so we do not see who reports what......we do not get any lists or anything............we just remove what we see .so the only way we know is either by looking at the threads or by reponding to a request like muttleys or by a PM............

so how quick they are spotted just depends on when we are on the threads............so at times they will get by..........

so muttley if they spam on your threads carry on with the picciesimageimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

emmy.....you have to report them the same way as you did before............we don't do charity places or anyone else who is just ignoring the T&C's.........the RW should still do them.........we are just trying to reduce the spam spam

Yep, i've been doing that (and today putting it on the thread that it's been reported)... but its's just a real pain that they're coming in more now. Apart from that - you guys are doing a sterling job at culling the spam.