Poor horse

RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Can't imagine why I thought about this one. Is it really fair for an animal to carry someone who is 15 stone in weight, especially as it has all that excess bulk placed in the centre of its spine. 

🙂

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

The saddle is mounted as close to the front legs as possible, so most of the weight should be off the spine and over the front legs.

Can't comment on how much weight is good for them to carry though.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Depends on breed. Not necessarily on size (of horse). A loose rule-of-thumb is that a 'safe load' would be approx a fifth of the horse's weight.
    My horse weighs 3/4 ton so I think I'm ok to have another pie or two image 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Ric, those 10mile daily runs are giving you too much thinking time.

Here's a couple of other animal related questions

should fat kids be allowed to go on ponies

What happens if one of those idiots who cycles fast, with their dogs lead attached to the handlebars, has to stop suddenly?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Ric has read a thread in beginners.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I also read someone describing themselves as stubborn. Lets hope that was an error.

From the Consise Oxford: stubborn/ 1.unreasonably obstinate. 2.unyielding, obdurate, inflexible, 3. refractory, intractable.

Determined, dedicated, are qualities to be admired. Stubbornness isn't.

🙂

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

What happens if one of those idiots who cycles fast, with their dogs lead attached to the handlebars, has to stop suddenly?

From a dynamics point of view, the fulcrum p.....forget it, the dog just hurtles past the biker, gets throttled by its lease while wrapping up its owners legs in ever decreasing circles.

🙂

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

Can't imagine why I thought about this one. Is it really fair for an animal to carry someone who is 15 stone in weight, especially as it has all that excess bulk placed in the centre of its spine. 

RicF wrote (see)

I also read someone describing themselves as stubborn. Lets hope that was an error.

From the Consise Oxford: stubborn/ 1.unreasonably obstinate. 2.unyielding, obdurate, inflexible, 3. refractory, intractable.

Determined, dedicated, are qualities to be admired. Stubbornness isn't.

Why not address the queries on the appropriate thread, rather than start up a whole new one in a separate forum?

• Saw a photograph of Katie Price on a horse   Poor horse !