You know when you're turning into your mother when...

you make chicken casserole (in the middle of summer) and as its cooling down you catch yourself thinking that it would blend down into good soup and therefore good baby food....I don't have kids! image

Comments

• Can't remember who said it (Wilde maybe?) but there's a quote on this subject "All women turn into their mother - that is their tragedy, no man does - that is his".

I've been turning into my mother for simply ages. Although if he were to start channelling his mother, that would be divorce! The worrying thing is when friends or collegues say they think I'm turning into their mother... 

• When you start watching and enjoying Antiques Roadshow image
  • Vicky H wrote (see)
    When you start watching and enjoying Antiques Roadshow image

Oh no already there then...

• I wouldn't mind turning into mine in many ways. She's possibly cooler than me!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

When you start watching and enjoying Last of the Summer Wine and/or reading and believing the contents of the Daily Mail image

(and no, it hasn't happened yet!)

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭

When you phone your son because your PC has broken.

• Whenever anyone walks past something I have to say 'don't waste a journey' and I keep 'useful' boxes.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    This is my biggest nightmare. But I'm not there yet. I don't shout "no, I've only got ??50 notes" when a homeless person asks if I have change. I don't tut and tell people off if they put their feet on the seats of a bus/tube. I don't ask someone who is visiting me when the next time it is that They are visiting me and plan every minute detail for the next visit even though it's not been confirmed. I don't talk over people when I have just asked them about their day and they have just started to tell me, but I only asked because I wanted to tell them about my day and just jump to that bit regardless.

I could go on.

But I might inadvertently have identified my unresolved issues.

I'll re-start those sessions with the shrink.
  • When you book a holiday to Greece and she says " Do they still use the Drachma?" No they use the same Euro that they mention on the News every five minutes.
  • When I try to call one of my kids and use the other ones' name...I have a boy and a girl, they don't like it!

My mum had five of us and used to go through all five names in turn when trying to address any of us. I used to tut and roll my eyes, I'm sure she was smiling inwardly knowing that I would do it too.

• When you love the smell of bleach and disinfectant in the house!

• when you can't buy washing powder/fabric softener without smelling it first, even though its the same one you've been buying for the last 2 years.

• Springle wrote (see)

When I try to call one of my kids and use the other ones' name...I have a boy and a girl, they don't like it!

My mum had five of us and used to go through all five names in turn when trying to address any of us. I used to tut and roll my eyes, I'm sure she was smiling inwardly knowing that I would do it too.

My Grandma does this, fortunately I'm only 3rd on the list: mum, aunt, me - being oldest grandchild has some advantages image

My Great Grandma also used to do this, when I was 14th on the list  - 4 children, 9 grandchildren, me. Being oldest great grandchild has some advantages, my youngest cousin had to wait ages before she got to him! image

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

Watching my wife turn into her mother is truly scary as we've never got on, but then again I don't feel that she bears a grudge against me as she's never really gotten on with anybody else in the human race either, but the transformation is almost complete.

She even has the same number of dishcloths in the sink at all times (3).

• kaffeeg - are we siblings!

I think constant verbalising of thoughts is my biggest worry

• You just have to fill that comfortable silence.

• OW - with you and kafeeg on this. Am dreading the day that I begin to STAGE WHISPER about how people look/walk/drive/eat/drink in public, really loud, so the person being judged can REALLY hear it.