2013 IM Mentoring

Now that the main ship has sailed in 2012 - apart from the few who still have IMUK, IMW and Henly to contend with -  it seems right that attention turns to 2013 on the mentoring front for those looking to break their IM duck next year - and there seems to be quite a few gullible newbies out there

For those who are new, mentoring has been taking place for a few years now and it's a way for newbies to pick the brains of the more experienced.  Mentors aren't intended to be coaches, although I know some do offer some coaching, but as sounding boards so they can assess what they are doing, pick brains, get support, and generally get the benefit of someone's experience and knowhow.   

I've mentored a few to IM finishes and am happy to do so again.

the way it works is that a newbie can PM a mentor to ask if they want to hook up and then take matters from there on a private basis.  a mentor can have as many mentees as they wish, but I usually limit this to 2 or 3 on a first come, first serve basis.  there is no compulsion, there is no structure - it's up to the individuals concerned as to how they work with each other.

list of mentors:

FB

Comments