What's the scariest/hardest thing you have ever done?

I'm not interested in exciting things like bungy jumping or white water rafting, but things that others might find quite tame, such as giving someone bad news, or making a change to your life.

Comments

• Telling the first Mrs Spartan she was the ex-Mrs Spartan ?

Plucking up the courage for my first tatt
  • Put a massive spider in a plastic container and threw it out
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Getting back in the water for OW swimming. I was on the verge of a panic attack. 

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Getting back in the water for OW swimming. I was on the verge of a panic attack. 

Similar for me.  I was a late starter in the water and used to clutch the rails in the shallow end.  I can remember the first time I braved open water as an adult with no options for touching the bottom.  Gave me the proper willies that did.

• Having to do a presentation in front of 50 people even after a glass of wine.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Similar for me.  I was a late starter in the water and used to clutch the rails in the shallow end.  I can remember the first time I braved open water as an adult with no options for touching the bottom.  Gave me the proper willies that did.

I'm actually quite comfortable in the water, but I caught leptospirosis from an OW and the thought of going back in nearly brought me to tears. I've been back three times now though image

• Deciding the right time to have my dog PTS. That wasn't good at all.

• Getting married!

I did stand-up comdy for two years (haven't officially retired from it yet). My first time I wouldn't classify as hard or scary but the time after my first really bad gig was.

• Oops, didn't read the sub title, sorry.

• Monty39Monty39 ✭✭✭

1. First time i ever sacked someone.

2. First time i had to tell an entire office they were all being made redundant.

3. Time i had to inform my team that a much loved staff member had passed away.

4. Time i had to tell my kids their mother and i were seperating.

After No. 3&4 the first two are now no problem at all !

• Would rather not going into details but going to a hospital a few weeks ago for mate would have to be very hign on the list. Made similar trip's in the past for people and they hadn't ended well.

• For my Mum's 50th she wanted to get everyone to meet at the topo of Snowdon (some walking some on the train). She wanted to go over Crib Gogh (narrow ridge, I'd post a picture but none of them make it look as scary as it was!), and as most others wanted to take an easier route, my Boyfriend and I said I'd go with her. I don't like heights. Half way along the ridge was the closest I've come to a panic attack. My legs were shaking so much I could barely balance so was mainly crawling which meant looking down. I was scared to go back, didn't want to go on, but the only other way off the ridge was calling mountain rescue and I wasn't going to do that! To make it worse there were people just strolling along the top of the rigde like it was nothing!

Was a great feeling reaching the end of the scary bit. And a little bit of me would like to go back and do it again.Though my boyfriend has said he won't come with me, as he said my legs were so shaky he was conviced I was going to fall at any minute.

• SuperCaz wrote (see)

I'm not interested in exciting things like bungy jumping or white water rafting, but things that others might find quite tame, such as giving someone bad news, or making a change to your life.

Separating from the father of my children (hardest)

Removing spiders (scariest)

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I think mine was probably going back to work after having a breakdown.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

coming back to the UK after living in Spain for 6 years - was reeally hard to adjust to being back and spent about every night for a year in tears

• TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

I got stuck in a very small lift this afternoon, and right now I can't think of anything I've done that was scarier.  I was "only" in there for an hour before the security guys managed to get the doors open, but I was on my own and the lift had just plummeted from the 6th floor to the basement, so it was all a tad stressful to say the least.  I'll be taking the stairs from now on.

• Having to present a training course for work. Did it twice to about a half dozen people each time, the first time at a customer site, the second at our offices. Wasn't sure that I'd be able to hold everyones attention for a whole day.

or

Getting up in front of about 100 people last Christmas and performing a burlesque routine to Little Drummer Boy.

• Monty39Monty39 ✭✭✭

Catalin Bond - Respect to you !  Crib Goch is scary.image  

• Refusing to give in to a period of panic attacks: dragging myself out of the house to go to work every day and travelling there and back on the tube despite being convinced I was about to die.

It made me a stronger person.

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

Refusing to give in to a period of panic attacks: dragging myself out of the house to go to work every day and travelling there and back on the tube despite being convinced I was about to die.

It made me a stronger person.

Wow! Huge respect from me! image

• JvR wrote (see)

Getting up in front of about 100 people last Christmas and performing a burlesque routine to Little Drummer Boy.

Pictures?

• Sitting down on my garden bench which was positioned up against next doors fence; looking up at the bamboo that was growing over the neighbours fence; realising there were hundreds and hundreds of large wasps (queens or hornets?) going in and out of the bamboo; remembering a packet of icing sugar years ago which said 'keep lid closed, wasps love sugar' and realising I had toast in my hand.....covered in jam.....

• life .. life is a daily challenge 

• Eating grilled tomatoes.....  because they are evil and few people realise

• grilled tomatoes are lovely !!!

• I've done bungee and parachute without problem. But being away on business and having to dine alone in the hotel restaurant scares me. I usually bottle it and have room service.

• K8 Evans wrote (see)

I've done bungee and parachute without problem. But being away on business and having to dine alone in the hotel restaurant scares me. I usually bottle it and have room service.

Scares you..?    Or.. do you mean you'd be embarrased..?

• Scares me!

I struggle to walk into a pub on my own to meet frinds too.

Madness given that I regularly have to stand up and address up 100s of strangers.