Marathon shoe for mild pronator

I'm decided on running a Marathon next year now, Edinburgh in May. I mostly run off road and have a pair of New Balance 768s which I use for an on road long run to gauge how I am doing about every 3 weeks. If find the 768s are fine but once I get over 12 miles my knees do experience slight soreness. Nothing serious but I know others who feel the same about this shoe. Double the distance and quadruple the soreness I'd guess.

So I wonder what other shoes people have found to be good Marathon shoes. I run in Saucony/Inov-8 off road. Two that stand out so far seem to be the Saucony Hurricane and the Brooks Adrenaline. Of course I will try things out on the treadmill at the shop but that doesn't tell you how the shoe will feel after 20 miles.

Comments

• I used to do all my training and ran my first marathon in Brooks Adrenaline, as a moderate overpronator.  They'd definitely give you enough support for a marathon. if you're just a mild o-p maybe look at Nike Zoom Elite.  It's a lightweight trainer but offers support and lots of cushioning, now my marathon shoe of choice.
  • i wear NIke structure triax to train in , but wondered if there was a lighter shoe

to do the marathon in with the same level of support??

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    I used Asics 1170s for my last marathon. They were recommended by my chiropractor who was sorting out my ITB issue. I pronate, but the New Balace shoes I was wearing had too much support.