Sun 8 July 2012

I face the day with me head caved in
Looking like something that the cat brought in

Recovery today

Maybe a swim - my back's a bit sore but much better than it was last night.

I'm joining an open water swimming club - I need to work on that!!

Who's up to what today??

I suppose i dont need to give yesterday's lyrics - whats the story with me starting thread 3 days in a row??

Comments

• You just beat me Paddy! I think a swim is a good idea, don't do too much today though eh?

A dry but grey start to the day here.

What:            turbo intervals
    Why:             coach says it's time to increase the intensity
    Last hard:      facing the garage wall this morning won't be easy
    Last rest:       11/6

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: nowt
    Why: would be ill-advised to do anything today....don't want to do too much too soon, especially as I am sitting here with my leg in a bucket of very hot water.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Paddy: 3 in a  row Good for youimage

Rest day for me

Church, then out for lunch

Lyrics: yesterdays Yesimage Todays... No

Back later.

• Morning. I had cause to think about Paddy's report as I was out on a run this morning. Yes, the elastic laces would have saved some time, but had the swim been as long as it was meant to be, it could have evened out. So it's very timely you've joined an open water club! 

14 miler on quiet morning roads ahead of Windmill Half-Marathon next weekend. No idea on the lyrics.

• Fatigue caught up with me last night and I was struggling to stay awake. I must have slept solidly for 9 hours. My guess is that I won't drag my backside out for a few miles before lunch, so training will be in the pool this evening.

It's lovely running weather out there.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Awesome, Paddy image.image Thanks for entertaining us with such a great report! And how on earth did you manage a stonking 37.40 run after almost drowning during the swim ??

RFJ: nice work and a season's best image

Awfully hot and humid here today but apart from short sharp showers and thunderstorms not that much rain. Our satellite dish was finished off by lightning strike yesterday - so no tennis to watch today image

And I went for a swim yesterday. Yes. Me. image. It was only a dip in the lake, mind but lovely and refreshing. If only I could conquer my fears of putting my head under water and learn how to swim properly ...

what: 16 hot and humid miles
    why: there's this marathon on October 7 ...
    last hard: running in the heat was
    last rest: yesterday (that swim doesn't really count
    lyrics: no

• 7d - that's a long run a week ahead of your half.

chickadeee - you need a swim hat, goggles and a kick float. Hold kick float out in front of you at arms length, lay in water with nose facing the bottom of the pool, kick and turn head to breath as needed - preferably alternating sides as if you learn to do this from the off it makes bilateral breathing when you progress to full crawl much easier.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

what - 13m
    Why - LSR
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Friday

Take care

• Some nice runs reported. Good on you. Chick, that marathon is coming to get you....

Swimming was tiresome, some good lengths, many bad ones. That's the way it goes. I got to use the froggy float AND flippers for a couple of lengths, by crikey that made a difference. There was even the odd length when I could keep up with the other person in the slow lane. I think that she was on a steady length and I had a Pool Boy to help me. And I was drafting. Anyway, after the hour I looked down and I'd got tits.

• Well yiz were giving out yesterday so i found harder words - very topical title though, if controversial content at the time  - The Police with Invisible Sun.

I had a 1.2k swim and yes i can swim and breathe in calm water. - Tuesday is wet suit purchase day!!  I need to get into the Sea soon to get rid of that growing fear of the waves.

Chick nice long run. Keep plugging at the swimming!!

7D - If the swim had been as long as it should have been one way or the other I wouldnt have finished in the conditions!!

Found out today that they were thinking of putting an extra run in first if they had tio cancel the swim - now that would have made things interesting!

• Is the sea cold at this time of year?

I'm off to Pembrokeshire, and they don't do such things as civilisation. Nice sheep though.

• I was wearing a wet suit and it did feel ok - and i was just across from Pembroke (wont be swimming over though!!!)