Stress

I find smiling at people who are stressed really winds them up  Wicked of me or a very  calculated management system ?

Comments

• I find it annoying that people constantly watch me. If I don't smile first thing I come to work, something is said within a minute about my "mood". It really gets on my nerves and makes me even more stressed out. 

I might go to work and not feel particularly bad, just normal. Coming to work like any other person without feeling stressed that day but not necessarily overly happy either and they are right up there on my face. Why arent I smiling, whats up now...No wonder my stress levels are not getting any lower.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I was in a touristy shop in Whitby over the weekend - they were selling chocolate bars with various messages written on the wrappers. One of them said 'cheer up grumpy' - if I was feeling grumpy and someone gave me that, I'd probably want to punch them! 

• Like picking wings off a fly Slowfoot?

I am so busy that I don't think I have time to navel gaze or ponder stuff to the point where I get stressed.   I consider a subject, process it... act even if that action is one I don't wish to take.

I swear some of the most stressed people I know are prevaricators or people who are so controlling they cannot change themself to meet a new situation.

Time is probably source of stress for me. If I cannot achieve goals because of lack of time, I get stressy. I am the foot tapping huffing woman in a queue. Evee if I recognise that (wasting time) queueing is making me behave like that and I stop... I swear an HRM would show an increase in my pulse image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I think it depends. I was told to smile at people to reduce stress! I have an issue controlling stress which is when I normally head out for a tempo run or a hard gym session... but normally I find a corner and just have a cry for a bit.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

When I am a little stressed I tend to be more outwardly cheerful.  But eventually it passes a tipping point where you are better off keepign away from me.

Time is my biggest stressor, and situations over which I have no control.  If I can resolve a stressful situation by taking action then I will

• I don't stress easily in regular life, as a couple of friends tell me I'm a beacon of unflappability.

At work when it one of those rare times where all goes wrong I tend to shutout people around me and get on with it, interacting with people tends to annoy me then.

• Elli of the North wrote (see)

I find it annoying that people constantly watch me. If I don't smile first thing I come to work, something is said within a minute about my "mood". It really gets on my nerves and makes me even more stressed out. 

I've got a great way to deal with that: Plaster on a big cheery smile before entering workplace. Smile at each and every person you make eye contact with and say 'Hi!' Anyone asks how you are, don't just say 'fine', say 'Amazing, I'm having a great day!' Anyone whines about their job, say 'I actually like working here, you know.'

It's a funny trick to pull on yourself, because even if you're feeling a bit teed off about stuff, acting happy and smiling actually releases endorphins. It's been proven. By real scientists. So if you can get into the habit of kidding yoursel fon you're happy, you actually become happy.

Everyone in my work thinks I'm unusual because I'm always in a good mood, I rarely whine about anything and I don't bitch about any of my colleagues. Secretly I disdain most of their fat lazy asses and their brain dead chat, but letting them know that wouldn't exactly be conducive to a healthy working atmosphere. So I fake it and they like me for it. Haha. I'm such a sneaky witch!

• Having suffered really badly with stress in the past (to the falling down level) I've just had to realise in my life that I cannot run everything, that the world will not end if I say "no" - that sometimes (a lot of times!)  the house will be untidy.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

guy at my work goes from calm to furious sweary rage in about 5secs, normally over slow ITS systems or not being able to use Excel.

At least once a day, half the office is listening in to the amazing flurry of abuse and swears, and a few people will always say "he's got the lowest blood pressure in the office", due to some test once on some dodgy machine a guy brought in.

I'd love to see the readings in one of those rants tho

• Slowfoot 2012 wrote (see)

I find smiling at people who are stressed really winds them up  Wicked of me or a very  calculated management system ?

Depends what they're stressed about... It could snap me out of it or it could just make me snap.

• I clean. Like the queen (or mum) is coming to stay.