Health Club - Friday 22nd November 2002

Couldn't sleep. Not feeling great - back/hip pain for which I'm not even allowed to take paracetamol and feel sickly and dizzy when I get up.

Comments

• Lots of hugs for you today
    Nick

Good food day today - just finished my packed lunch at 8:29!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. Glad to see that it's not just me having problems with the system - assumed my employers had (wisely) locked me out!
  • Hello everyone,

Cath - sorry you're feeling 'orrible.

Was supposed to get weighed in last night but had trauma instead. My dad was admitted to hospital with a deep vein thrombosis so went to pieces in a big way.

Have been to see him and he looks his normal cheeky self but I feel sick inside coz both him and mum have always enjoyed really good health.

My 4 sisters and I have been giving each other lots of hugs and lovely support but I thought I could do with some more and I know what lovely people you fellow forumites are.

Anyway - just needed to fill you in on what's happening with me and mine.

See you later.

:o~
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Cath, did you get some sleep? Realised that you haven't posted since 1 in the morning, so hopefull yes.

Sorry about your news Dolly. Hope everything turns out ok.

I'm working at home today and baking bread at the same time.
  • Morning all, bad day in Redhead land :-((( Today I would give anything to be able to go back to my lovely stressful job and have to worry about staffing, sales, profit margins etc etc.

Been up and down most of the night seeing to elderly mother who was sleep-walking and crashing into things. Lost count of how many times I put her back to bed (at least 5). At least she didn't manage to set the alarm off this time. Then there's the bed-changing and associated things. Moan, moan, moan...........

This, of course all pales into insignificance when I read Dolly's news. So sorry Dolly, and I really hope your dad's well again soon. It must have been a dreadful shock for you all. Hugs and prayers winging their way to you.

Cath, as always, thinking of you love.xxxx

Don't hold out much hope on the diet front today .

Good luck to anyone weighing-in today.

• Hi all.

Dolly, sorry to hear about your dad. My sister is just going thro' the same thing so I know how worrying it is. Treatment seems to be really effective these days tho' so hopefully everything will turn out alright. I'll be thinking of you.

EP a gym triathlon sounds good but I'd have to find the motivation to join a gym first and in my case I thik it would be a TRY-athlon!
  • Morning all – grey and miserable up here (bit like my mood of late)

Hoping to go for a swim at lunchtime, as I could not drag myself out of bed to this morning

Last Nights Supper OR Recipe for the day

POCKET-PITA-PIZZA
    =================

Cut pocket into pita bread
    Cover inside with tomato pure (sun dried tomato pure is nice)
    Add slithers of ham into pocket
    Then small chopped pineapple
    Finally crumble in some feta cheese

Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven (180) for 10 mins

Vola

Will
  • Hugs for Dolly & Redhead too.

Glenn I've seen you in the changing room so you're not getting a hug!

• EP Stranger things have been known to happen ! :)
  • WW That one sound right up my street. Roll on lunch time!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nick. I will beat an explanation out of you next time we meet. I know where you work, remember...

Will, interesting approach. I would have toasted the pitta bread, used fresh tomatoes and not cooked it.
  • Tomato puree AND fresh tomato...yumee
  • EP might do. Going to be working up in town for a while so might take out a short term membership nearby to fill in my long lunch breaks.
  • Cath, hope you got some sleep in the end and feel better than can be expected this morning. I'll be visiting your thread later to find out.

Susie, is EVERY night like that? I know that people who care for their older relatives often have a far more stressful time than anyone could possibly imagine. You have my wholehearted admiration. I don't know if I could ever do it (having had a taste when I was younger because my grandmother lived with us for 5 years), although the question is bound to arise within the next 10 years and I'm already thinking in terms of how easy it would be to convert the house to accommodate a downstairs shower and bed-sitting room for a granny.

Dolly, what a bummer. Glad your dad is doing a good impersonation of being well! The chances are he'll do fine, especially if he's fit and active. It must be fantastic having the support of a big family at times like this. Big hugs and prayers from me.

Glenn, I can smell that bread from here. Mmmm. Not sure an accountant should be handling home-made bread, though! Or did I just miss a joke there?

I didn't make the banana loaf after all. Kevin had four bananas after coming home from school yesterday, Mr V-rap walloped into them too, and only the greenish ones are left. Hope yours was nice, Susie.

EP, yes, I'm up for a gym triath......NO! NO! Velociraptors do NOT use stationary cycles, ever! Can I do the steppy instead of the bike if I promise to work really hard? Seriously, I might try the bike tonight before my swim and let you know if I manage 20, or even 10, minutes before falling off due to boredom and sore quads.

Benz, you managed to find your way back yet?
  • Right ...enough of this time wasting....much to do....will pop back later...probably sooner. Byeee all.
  • So now I know why pitta bread exists, Will. I thought it was one of those "let's see what we can get those suckers to buy if we make up a history for it" products, like bagels and ciabatta.

How long till lunchtime? Not eaten any junk food so far today. I am determined to be such a reformed dinosaur that McDonalds will be trying to market me in a bun.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    EP, proper bread of course!

V-rap, it's just milk we're not allowed near. Turns it sour you know...
  • V-rap

I’m the sort of person that rummages around in the fridge and larder to see what I can find and then have to try and make something up that I can cook –

- I draw the line when all I find is jelly and corned beef – normally means time to go and brave the local Asda again
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    V-rap, bagels have a real history. I've made them using a proper jewish cookbook - more fiddly than bread though, 'cos you boil as well as bake.

Ciabatta was invented as recently as 1985 or somesuch.