Options

Brighton Phoenix 10K

Looking forward to this again, fast seafront course and nice to do a race in the evening for a change (starts 7.30pm on Wednesday July 18).

They have more entries available this year (600) but I see that it is starting to fill up (past the 300 point now) so worth signing up if you fancy it.

Comments

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Just booked my place! This will be my first EVER running event (I refuse to call it a race as I have only been running a little over a month lol). Hope I make it round before they pack up and go home! 

So how does this work now? Do they post you a number you have to stick on your t-shirt? 

Next step - find an NCP car park nearby. 

• Options

Cool, will be a good one as your first race - no hills!

Your race number (with timing chip attached) will be posted out to you before race day. Just attach it with a safety pin in all four corners on your running top.

The parking around that part of the seafront isn't too bad that time of evening, you should be able to find a spot either on the seafront road itself or suggest try any of the sideroads that lead off it heading west.

• Options

Interesting! Pheonix is a local gym, right? Thinking of doing this 10 days or so after a half mara. D'you think that's unwise?

• Options

No, Brighton Phoenix is an athletics and triathlon club, full info at the website here: http://www.brightonphoenix.org.uk/

Ten days after a half is probably just about ok, I would say perhaps make one your priority and just treat the other as a good workout.

380 places on the Phoenix 10k have now gone, 600 available.

• Options

The half is a slow race, much slower than I'd like, so it'll be nothing more than a long run. Just about OK is good enough for me. I'm only visiting the UK for a few weeks so I'm just looking to fit things in. No PBs required.

I was thinking of the gym along the seafront, but apparantly that's called Riptide. Don't know where I got Pheonix from. 

• Options

500 entries have now been received, best to enter soon if you'd like to run this year.

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

When do they send through the race numbers and stuff? I have not received anything yet and it's not long to go until the race.

• Options

I believe race numbers are going out in a staged mailings. The first one has gone out and the second one is later this week. 

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭
    Thx. This is my first race so I am a little clueless. If I come by train do you know if there is somewhere I can leave my jeans and stuff? Do I need to bring a padlock, a ?? coin or anything for a locker?
  • Options

Hi Tortuga, There is a large baggage tent where your stuff will be safe - there are no lockers or keys but it will be manned the whole evening so no need to worry. Look forward to seeing you there!

• Options

Just 17 places left now by the way...

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭
    Thanks! So excited and scared all at the same time image