FLM Virgin

Comments

• trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Very, very quiet.  Plodding along!

Nothing wrong with being lazy Daz and I hardly think running 10.25 on Saturday counts as being lazy anyway!

Counting down to summer holidays now - OH has bought tickets to go to Cyprus and didn't realise at the time it's while the Olympics are on!  What a twit!  We didn't have any tickets anyway but I would have liked to have gone and seen the ladies marathon!

• Trigg... A true supporter would stay and watch or at least come back on the day..... jesting ..... you have a great holiday. we will keep the Olympic flame burning... lol xx

• An even lazier week, just one 5.05 mile run, done this morning.  I did do 45 mins aerobics followed by 45 mins Body Conditioning yesterday.  Had very little upper body strength to do the weights, and my core was sore today on my run from the sit-ups we did.

Summer holiday talk already, sounds good.  Enjoy Cyprus again Trigg!

Watched the Olympic flame arrive last night on TV, and some of the relay this morning - all exciting stuff.

• Hi guys, about time our thread came back to the first page....

I am posting my GFA form and cheque this morning, however at the moment I fully plan on deferring till 2014.  Have just come back from 3 wks in America, ran eod and am up to 4 miles - woo hoo!  Am considering park run tomorrow.  Back/pelvis better but still not right, am supposed to be having an MRI scan at some point.

Kids fine, Eric huge, Matilda at last wk of pre school before starting 'big school' in Sept.  How time flies!

Hope all are well and looking forward to the olympics.  The torch comes our way a wk on Sunday so need to plan where to go and watch it.

• Glad you back running Caro and the family are doing well. I have my first of 34 shifts for the Olympics on Monday so will be a bit busy. Let me know if oyu have any tickets or are visiting the Olympic park at any time. I am at Hadleigh Farm and Box Hill.

• We have several tickets and will be t the park a few times. I just hope it's not a total nightmare with transport and queues etc. we have hockey, basketball, handball and sync swimming, plus Paralympic athletics and trAck cycling.

Good luck with the volunteering, and have fun.
  • Let me know when and what area (ticket wise ) u are at track cycling and I will try to get to see you. i am there each day...having fun ... so far...

• Bit early Gatton! I'll check tickets and let u know. Getting up early to try and see the torch tomorrow.
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Torch is here on Wednesday.  Can't believe hubby booked tickets for Cyprus that means we'll be out of the country and miss everything!

Training for the GNR - going well so far although the end of term festivities put paid to a few runs so am hoping to get back on track over the summer image

What's everyone else up to?

• When do you go to Cyprus?

My friend and I had lunch n the pub next to grovelands last wk, and did a wee walk in grovelands afterwards. The pub had a sign up saying they were doing fun things based around the relay on wed. It was nice to see, so go along if you're not already on hols. I bet you could still get some Paralympic tickets if you wanted, so you don't feel like you missed it all.
  • trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Hi Caro - we're off on Thursday and back on 16 August - can't wait.  In all honesty I think I'd probably have stuck to watching it on tv with the exception of the marathon.  Where did you see the torch?  I saw the pictures on FB but couldn't recognise the location.  I'm off to see it at about 4.30 when it passes within 1/2 a mile of my house!  I'm going to stand at the pavement singing out "It should've been me!".  Can't believe Mathilda is 4 already image

• We were at the top end of Barkingside High st Trig - by fullwell cross roundabout.  Just found out tonight that a lady in my pilates class was at the cycling centre on Sun morning singing in a choir to the torch!  Have a great hols.

• trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Saw the flame but screwed up with the photos!  Off to Cyprus today catch up with you when I get backimage

• Wow, some life in the old thread yet. image

Enjoy Cyprus Trigg.  Been trying to spot Gatton on TV at Olympics, no luck yet.

Not run for over 5 weeks, minor tear to Achilles which was swollen and bruised.  Been doing mostly gym and exercise class work. Put on a few pounds but mostly muscle image

Off to big smoke this afternoon, got tickets for Athletics tomorrow (come on Jess) and will watch Ladies Marathon from street somewhere on Sunday.

• We were at the athletics yesterday too daz, the morning session. Then got soaked today watching the marathon, before heading to the aquatics centre for some synchronised swimming action. Having a ball to say the least. I too have failed to spot Gatton on the telly, but I bet he's enjoying himself!
  • Great minds eh Caro - it was a fantastic day at the Olympic Park.  Got back to hotel then bar in time to catch all the evening stuff too.  Great times image

Also got soaked yesterday before start of Ladies Marathon, but managed to dry out mostly between the showers.  Another thoroughly enjoyable day.

Watching TV Olympics now, so pleased for Beth Tweddle.

• And Jason Kenny and the show jumping. Woo hoo!
  • I am there honest. It is a bit busy at track side but that is why i am there.... to work. Of to the Mountain Bike on Wednesday will be on tv Saturday and Sunday. Will try to let you know where abouts on the track I will be...not riding I have to say...... keeps fingers crossed for good weather...

• Well for me the whole Olympics has been awesome, absolutely loved it.  Too many highlights to mention!

Running wise, nowt done for over 6 weeks.  Looking quite toned and defined due to all other work and Gym stuff over last couple of months.  Off the booze this week too (so hopefully some weight off), on antibiotics due to a really bad tooth and then got root-canal work scheduled in for after my hols. image

Might run tomorrow, only a couple of miles mind!  Got to start building up ready for Cardiff Half.  Scorchio here today image

• On tv at mt bike Gatton? Will try and have a peek!

Still running eod, 6 miles is my longest so far, no races in the pipe work, need to focus on weaning my rather huge baby and getting him to sleep through the night!
  • Sounds like a priority there Caro

Watching Women's MTB race, not spotted him.

Did my run, only a hilly-ish 2-miler, average pace 7:53, was blowing out of my arse.  Hard work. image

Need to assess achilles after a day or two, to see how it feels.

• Woz on the home circuit as they came past the stones depicting the olympic rings... a few days of now and the back for the paras.... what an experience that was..I am so privileged to have been part of it...

• trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Hellllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo!

Wow Cyprus was pretty hot - 40 degrees some days but heh I didn't go there for the rain!  Managed to keep on track with GNR training schedule too - longest run of 7 miles in 30 + heat - whew!  42 miles over 10 runs in 16 days so was really happy with that.  Looks like it might be rain making me wet today rather than sweat.

Saw some of the Olympics action - locals thought I was a loony screaming at Mo Farrah in the 10k in a bar in Paphos Harbour!

Hubby managed to get some golf in too at Aphrodite Hills so generally good times all round.

Now looking at flights for October!

Hope all are well.  Sorry to hear about the Achilles Daz - hope you're well on the mend now.  Good running Caro - have you used your buggy yet?  Lovely photo Gatton - hope you enjoyed the whole spectacle and that they took good care of you.

Still another 3 weeks of holiday left.  Only cloud on the horizon is that my son is being laid off from work tomorrow.  He'd been working with hubby at the hotel on maintenance crew but they're having to let him go.  He's still trying to get onto another apprenticeship but will have to move fast with the GCSE results out this Thursday image

• Right folks decision made.No more road running for me. I have put my trainers on the back burner and will concentrate on the bike. Not competitive though just around the area to keep my weight down.It all comes from last November when I had that blip. Mrs G has asked me to be careful and I agreed with her as I didn't realise the trauma she went thorugh at the time and beleive me I don't want to go through that again. Here for anyone who may want some help. I will be lurking and posting here all the same...... Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support and friendship over the years you have all been fantastic people to know.....

• You'll be riding on that velodrome track before you know it Gatton image. Sounds like a sensible decision. There's nothing to say you can't go for a little run once in a while, without committing yourself to a race at the end of it. Glad you had so much fun at the o.ympics. Did you meet lots of the cyclists at the velodrome?

Welcome back trig. The who,e of woodford would have heard me screaming for Mo in the 10000m! Have tried the jogger twice and so far he hates it!! He will be 6 m on sun, is huge, can support his head etc. Matilda is in holiday club next wk, so will try again then. Went to picketts lock with my sister when she was over and ran along the canal. The day we went we weren't allowed to park n the carpark as supposedly olympc athletes were coming to train there, but we didn't see anyone.

Had him weighed today and he's close to 18lb! Mahoosive baby.
  • Sounds like a good holiday Trigg, and good that you managed some runs whilst there.

Probably a wise decision Gatton, nowt wrong with biking, it seems to work for Wiggo. Take it easy and enjoy yourself.

That'll get you fit, pushing him around in the jogger Caro.

Well my running is a shocker.  Attended club last night for the first time in months (before VLM), as I know they go quite slowly and even I could manage it.  In all I did 7 very slow miles.  Due to circumstances I did weights first, then sauna, jacuzzi etc before run.  Dunno if jacuzzi etc had softened skin, but having made a schoolboy error and forgetting to vaz, I chaffed very badly in sensitive areas. Painful!  After a few beers last night, I decided to apply some soothing moisturiser. Picked the wrong one, this one must have contained perfume or something, you might have heard my screams in that there London image

Oh yeah, GCSE results tomorrow, more tension in our household.

• trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Hey Gatton - fully understand your decision but hope that we'll still get to see you at the Expo etc?  Was wondering just the other day when the Southend 10k is - will check it out later.

Daz so sorry - but I had to laugh at your post - hope all is well and that your eyes have stopped watering now.

Sorry to hear that young Eric doesn't like the jogger - maybe in time?

• No probs Trigg, you weren't the only one to laugh lol, my own stupid mistake.

Just back from celebratory meal.  Results are in, boy managed to get what he needed to study Aviation Engineering at Brunel.  Another one leaves to find his own way in the world!  He's excited, and I'm a proud daddy.

Gym tomorrow totry to sober up. hic